Sequel: Sauron's Last Target
Status: All rights to the Lord of the Rings plot and characters belong to J.R.R. Tolkien, I own my own character

Sauron's Next Target

Riding into Rivendell

I rode into Rivendell, alongside Boromir, where near the gate, I saw a familiar face. It was.....Bilbo! My heart expanded at the sight of Bilbo. I hopped off Astald, and ran towards the old Hobbit. Bilbo saw me, and he smiled. "Bilbo!" I shouted, running towards him, and enveloping him in a hug.

"My dear Anneliese.." He said, stroking my hair.

"It is so good to see you again, dear Bilbo.." I smiled.

"They're going to be so surprised to see you.." He said, grinning. I gasped.

"They're here?" He smiled and nodded. I gave Bilbo one last hug, before running off to find them.
I found Frodo being embraced by Merry, and Pippin. When Frodo saw me, his already happy,little face brightned. I smiled, my heart grew at the sight of all 4 of the hobbits. Merry, Pippin, and Sam followed his gaze until they saw me. I knelt down and opened up my arms. They ran into my open arms, and I hugged them tightly. I kissed their heads.

"Frodo.. I see you're on the mend.." I said, gently patting his shoulder. He nodded. I hugged them tighter.

"So..besides you guys being followed by the 9 Ringwraithes...what's going on with my four favorite hobbits?" I winked.

"At Bilbo's 111th birthday party, Pippin and I set off a dragon firework, that scared I think, all the Hobbits at the party..." I laughed.

"Only the 2 of you, could be able to do something like that.." I ruffled their curly heads, they tried desperately to fix their hair, but it still looked the same way. I laughed, as I kissed their heads. " I'll see you guys in a little while.." I said, then I turned to Merry and Pippin. "And you two..don't cause any trouble, because if I hear about anything breaking, or anything getting blown up.. I know that you two will be at fault, and I may just forget about promising you two anything......" I smiled, and I got up and left.

As soon as I rounded a corner, I bumped into an elf. He dropped the things he was carrying. "Ohmigoodness.... I'm so sorry." I exclaimed, as I helped him pick up the things he had dropped.

"It's fine.." The elf said. I stood up, and handed him the things he had dropped. As soon as I saw his face, I was speechless. He had a handsome face, with long,light blonde hair.

"I'm sorry.." I said, yet again.

"It's fine.." He repeated.

"Anneliese eneth nin.." I said, absent-mindedly.

"Anneliese.. that's a nice name.." He smiled.

"Anwa essa Aistaraina.." I added

"Aistaraina, doesn't that mean blessed and gracious? That's a beautiful name.."

"Le hannon.. amin Anneliese ten ta essa" I smiled.

"Legolas enet nin..." He replied.

I smiled, then I saw Boromir staring at me. "I have to go.... sorry for bumping into you Legolas....."

"Like I said..it's fine Anneliese... Mara Mesta."

"Mara Mesta." I said, before turning and walking towards Boromir.

"Anneliese.. where have you been?" He demanded.

"Seeing some old friends.." I said, trying to stay calm with Boromir.

"And I see making some new ones...." He said coldly, cocking his head over towards the spot where I bumped into Legolas.

"In case you didn't realise Boromir.. I accidently bumped into him, after seeing my old friends.." I snapped.

"I don't want you anywhere near that elf!" He snapped.

"I just met him Boromir, I just bumped into him!" I snapped.

"Anneliese.."I didn't hear what Boromir was going to say, because I stalked off. "Anneliese!" Boromir called after me, as he began to run after me. As soon as I heard him running after me, I began to run. I was small,light, and pretty fast for someone of my size. Boromir, on the other hand, was large, heavy, and decently paced. So I had the advantage here. I ran into the room that was given to me by Lord Elrond, and slammed the door. Boromir reached there a few moments after, and began to pound on my door.

"Anneliese.. open the door."

"I'll pass on that, thank you.." I muttered.

"You can't stay in there all night.." He said.

"I'm in my room.. it's you who can't stay out there all night.." I retorted.

"Just open the door.." He tried, again. Instead of responding, I got on my old pair of leather boots, grabbed my archery things, and got on my travelling outfit. I was perched on the windowsill, and taking a deep breath, I jumped.

I landed soundlessly on the soft grass, and I took off running. In a few minutes, I had reached my destination. The archery training field. Archery was my rock, it was the only thing that kept me calm. Taking out my archery things, I took aim, and began firing at the targets. Just then, I heard the light tread of elf-footprints. Thinking quickly, I fixed an arrow onto my bow, and spun around. My bow loaded. It was.. Legolas.

"Don't shoot.."He said, quietly, holding his hands up in defence. I lowered my bow.

"Sorry, Legolas. I didn't know it was you...." I said, quietly.

"It's alright, Anneliese.." He smiled. "But I'm impressed actually.." He smiled.

"What do you mean?" I asked, sounding confused.

"That you were able to hear my footsteps, even though you and I have light treads..."

"Oh.. I just have good hearing that's all, my mom said I was just like my father.." I said, my voice quivering when I spoke about my father.

Legolas seemed to notice that my voice was beginning to quiver, so he decided to change the subject. "..The council is about to start..." My eyes widenend. The Council! I had forgotten about it.

"Ohmigoodness Thank you Legolas for reminding me about the Council!"I exclaimed, before giving him a quick peck on the cheek, then I ran off.

While I was running, I began to think. Why had I mentioned my father around Legolas? Why did I kiss him on the cheek? I didn't even mention my father around Boromir or Faramir? I would figure out the answer to both those questions later. Right now, I had to get ready for the Council. I ran to my room, only to find Boromir sitting in a chair by my bed. "Boromir?! What are you doing in here?!" I exclaimed.

"Anneliese, I'm sorry!"

"Okay Boromir, I forgive you. Now can you get out of my room!" I exclaimed. He left my room. I gave a sigh of relief. I hated fighting with Boromir, but he could be really thick-headed sometimes. I got dressed,and I put my hair in a braid, put on a pair of black knee boots, and I left to go attend the council.
♠ ♠ ♠
I OWN NOTHING, EXCEPT FOR MY OWN IDEAS AND CHARACTERS