Sequel: Sauron's Last Target
Status: All rights to the Lord of the Rings plot and characters belong to J.R.R. Tolkien, I own my own character

Sauron's Next Target

Attending the Council of Elrond

As soon as I exited my room, I was attacked by someone with a hug.."Anneliese!" The person exclaimed. As soon as I heard the person speak, I began to smile, I knew who it was immediatly. "Arwen.." I smiled. "It's so good to see you again.." She said. "It's good to see you too.." I smiled. It had been a long time since I had been in Rivendell, and it had been a long time since I had seen Arwen. "Father told me that I was supposed to escort you down to where the council was being held.." "Oh..ok..Lead the way Arwen."
After we had gotten to where the council was being held, Arwen gave me a hug, then disappeared. I took a deep breath, hoping that I looked well presented, and I walked through, and I took my seat beside Boromir. "Anneliese, I really am sor.." He began to say, but I cut him off. "It's fine Boromir.." After a few minutes, the Dwarves arrived. Then the council began. "Strangers from distant lands, friends of old.." Elrond said.

I began to zone out, until the council got a bit more exciting. "Bring forth the Ring, Frodo." Frodo walked up, and placed the Ring on the pedestal, and went to sit back down. He looked relieved to let the Ring go, I felt so sorry for him. The council began murmuring. Boromir stood up, and began to speak. "It is a gift, a gift to the foes of Mordor, why not use this Ring? Long has my father, the Steward of Gondor kept the forces of Mordor at bay." I rolled my eyes, Boromir was being so naive, and that his statement was untrue. "By the blood of our people are your lands kept safe. Give Gondor the weapon of the enemy, let us use it against him."

At this point, I was getting fed up with Boromir. "You cannot wield it!" I said, angrily, standing up. "None of us can." "The Ring answers to Sauron alone, it has no other master." Aragorn said. Boromir turned to face the both of us, angrily, and said. "And what would my sister and a mere ranger know of this matter." "Evidently, I know much more than you do....brother, and this is no mere ranger! He is Aragorn, son of Arathorn..." I was too angry to continue. Luckily, Legolas continued for me.

"You owe him your alligence.." Boromir was surprised, yet angry. "Aragorn?" This is Isildur's heir...." He said, turning to face Aragorn. "And heir to the throne of Gondor.." Legolas added. This really ticked Boromir off, as he turned to sit back down, he added. "Gondor has no king. Gondor needs no king." I smirked at this comment. Elrond waited for silence, before continuing. "We have but one choice." He said, seriously. "The Ring must be destroyed."

Just then, a dwarf with a long red beard stood up, and said boldly. "Then what are we waiting for?" He picked up his axe and brought it down on the Ring. When the blade hit the Ring, I saw the Great Eye. I jumped, as did Frodo. Aragorn saw this, and he patted my hand. I tried to shake what I saw from my head. The image had disappeared, but it was still fresh in memory forever. The Dwarf's axe shattered into pieces, thankfull no one had been hit with the flying shards. The Dwark sat back down, slightly embarrassed. "The Ring cannot be destroyed by any craft that we here posess, Gimli son of Gloin." Elrond said. "The Ring was made in the fires of Mount Doom. Only there can it be unmade. The Ring must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence it came. One of you must do this."

"One does simply walk into Mordor." Boromir said, I rolled my eyes. Well, no duh Boromir. I thought. "It's black gates are guarded by more than Orcs. There is an evil there that does not sleep. The Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire, ash, and dust. The very air you breath is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand men could you do this, it is folly." Legolas stood up. "have you heard of what Lord Elrond has said?!" Legolas asked. "The ring must be destoryed!" "And I suppose you think you're the one to do it?!" Gimli said, standing back up. "I will be dead before I see the Ring in the hands of an Elf! Never trust an Elf!" Now at that comment, I stood up. "How dare you!" I said, coldly, while glaring at Gimli. Everyone started arguing, I was the only one to hear Frodo's voice. When I heard what he said, I was broken. "I will take it!" Frodo said. "I will take the Ring to Mordor." Frodo said." Though I do not know the way."

The entire council went silent. "You do not have to carry this burden alone.." Gandalf said, standing beside Frodo. I knew that I would have to join no matter what. "A debt I owe you Frodo Baggins.." I said, walking over to Frodo and kneeling infront of him. "You have my sword,bow, and healing abilities.." I whispered to him, as I kissed him on the head, and I stood beside him, with my hand on his shoulder. One by one, the rest of the Fellowship, joined us. "10 companions.. you shall be known as the Fellowship of the Ring..." Elrond said. "Great.. so where we going?" Pippin asked. Frodo gave him a strange look, I smiled. Pippin was so absent minded sometimes