Sequel: Sauron's Last Target
Status: All rights to the Lord of the Rings plot and characters belong to J.R.R. Tolkien, I own my own character

Sauron's Next Target

Fire!

The army of tens of thousands of Uruk Hai and Orcs ran towards Helm’s where it held us, the army of hundreds. But the men, elves and the Dragon Riders- we were going to stand, we weren’t going to hide anymore. I looked at my people, and I saw that more than half of them, had bows in their hands. What made me proud was that there was not a single trace of fear in their eyes. Instead I saw pride and stubbornness. I turned my eyes back to the army. “Faeg i-varv din na lanc a nu ranc *Their armor is weak at the neck, and under the arms.* I heard Legolas say to me. Silence overcame the wall, as we listened to the heavy footsteps made by the Uruk Hai’s and the Orcs, as their hard iron boots made contact with the earth. The Elves’ took aim, and they were waiting for Aragorn’s word.

“Leithio i philinn!” *Fire!* Hundreds of elven arrows flew through the dark night, the whistling of the arrows filled the air. Each arrow embedded into a body, and the ground was filling with the dead. I looked down to see that Gimli was still trying to see over the wall. I heard King Théoden say from behind me.

“Give them a volley…” The guard that was standing beside him shouted, “Fire!” Arrows flew the sky again, but very few didn’t hit their targets, but still hundreds were strewn on the ground, dead. I didn’t hesitate to shout to my army.

“Leithio i philinn!” *Fire!* for the third time, the whistles of the arrows was heard through the night, and they also like the elves found their targets. Aragorn raised his sword in the air, and he shouted.

“Tangado a chadad!” *Keep firing!* I noticed that Gimli was starting to get restless.

“Come on! Send them to me!” The amount of dead Uruk Hai’s and Orcs grew rapidly, but just then the first one fell from the wall. The troops of Saruman also started firing arrows, and the first one hit an elf, and he fell from the wall, but the rest kept firing killing tens. When the Uruk Hai’s got close enough to the wall, they brought something with them.

“Pendraid!” *Ladders!* Aragorn shouted. I turned to see them as well. They were so huge, that they reached to the top of the wall. I heard Gimli cheering from beside me.

“Good!” Just then, I heard the whistling of an arrow and I ducked quickly, just narrowly avoiding an arrow. I stood up, and I snatched my sword from my belt. Instead of blocking the Uruk Hai’s blows, I dodged them effortlessly. Just then, the wall underneath me shook as the first ladder made contact with the wall. I saw that there were metal hooks at the top of them to keep it from falling to the ground. A few more other ladders followed, and Uruk Hai’s began to appear.

I kept repeating what Legolas had said: “Their armor is weak at the neck and under the arms…” A ladder came up to the left of Gimli, and another one came to the right of me. I took a deep breath in, and I saw an Uruk Hai running towards me with a giant ugly looking axe in hand. It swung at my neck, which I also effortlessly dodged. I stretched my arm, and I sliced the head off. But more and more of them came. As one fell, another ten would be there to replace it. I continued fighting, and I heard Gimli yell, trying to tease Legolas and I.

“Legolas, Anna, two already!”

Legolas shouted back, “I’m on seventeen!” With one hand busy with my sword, I pulled out my daggers from my cloak, holding both of them in one hand, and I stuck my sword into an Uruk Hai’s gut, and a dagger into a different Orcs throat, and I pulled. A splatter of blood splashed onto my cheek. I turned to Legolas and Gimli,

“Sorry, I’ve got 28!” I said, with a smirk. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Legolas shot another and he pulled the arrow out, stabbing it in its eye. I laughed, he was trying to show off.

“Nineteen!” Gimli growled, as I saw him swung his axe into an Uruk Hai’s stomach. “Argh! I’ll have no point-ear outscoring me!” I smiled, but then it faltered when I felt the wall underneath me shake again, and I knew that more ladders were up. When I fought them, I realized that these creatures weren’t like the ones that had kidnapped Merry and Pippin. Those ones were smaller and weaker, thankfully. But each and every one of them had a large white handprint on their face.

The mark of Saruman…