Status: up and at 'em

First Timers

Somethings starts to show up

After our little get to know each other, Paul, our manager, calls us to stay a while in the tent and we bid goodbye, I promise Pat and Garrett, once again, that I’d watch their show and All Time Low’s with them.

At the tent there are more people than I ever imagined there would be and we end up signing things for an hour and a half, I didn’t let them close the line for ass longs as I could but we had to get out in time to watch the boys set. We head up to the main stage, there’s a lot of people, mostly teenage girls gathered in front of the stage, the boys and I keep ou distance from them.

The Maine’s pretty good, it’s a great set for such a short amount of time and it leaves me wanting to see their proper gig. Pat is really great and Garrett is absolutely adorable on stage, however my biggest surprise by far was John, I didn’t take him for having such an amazing voice and aura, giving real feelings to his music. A few moments after the gig had ended Pat and Garrett show up.

- Guys, it was great!! – I give each of them a hug, despite their sweaty bodies and we sit next to the stage, in the dirt really, talking and waiting for All Time Low.

John’s POV

Through the whole set I couldn’t stop looking at her, she’s hypnotizing. As soon as we left the stage, Pat and Garrett run to meet her as if they were little children. Jared, Kenny and I start making our way to the food tent, Jared was talking about missing Tessa’s food or something I wasn’t paying much attention to. When we pass by Charlotte I can’t help but I get a little more distracted and walk slower.

Charlie’s POV

Pat and Gare drag me to the food tent claiming that: 1. They are starving; 2. They are growing boys, therefore should eat regularly; 3. I was way too skinny (not true). Now I found myself beneath a tent with catering and lots of tables occupied by the mass of personalities that form the Vans Warped Tour.

Pat is dragging me around, his hand gripping mine nearly ripping it off if I didn’t keep up with his pace.

- Patrick, quit it! I can’t keep up! – he stops and pouts.
- See that’s why you should eat more, you’d have more energy to keep up. – he tries to reason as I sit on the nearest chair, feeling my ankles that were being supported by several inched Lita’s.
- Stop nagging the girl, Pat. You’ve barely known her for a full day. – I look up to find Jared and John.
- I think it was a bad idea to wear high heels today. – they all laugh at my misery.
- I wouldn’t say those are appropriate for Warped. – says Jared.

John kept quiet. Funny I never had him for the quiet type. We all got in line for food, all the boys piled up fries and fried chicken on their plates while I only put a small amount of vegetarian chili and grabbed a bread roll. This is my first and only meal of the day but I’m used to it so I am not really hungry. All 5 of us occupy half of a table until the rest of their band, Kennedy, and my band arrives filling the empty space. We all talk while they munch on and I nibble some food.

John’s POV

It’s not uncommon in this kind of job for girls to eat very little, but Charlotte seemed really skinny and plain gorgeous, not the kind of girl that needs to lose weight, but again none of them do. I started to pay attention to the conversation rolling around the bands.

- My feet are killing me! – complains Charlotte, her bandmates snort and earn a glare from the vocalist.
- Why are you wearing heels? You don’t seem short. – asks Garrett between mouthfuls of fries.
- Why do you have a beard? – Charlotte shots back.
- Uhh… I like it? – Garrett got more than enough complains about his recent grown facial hair.
- Well, I like wearing heels. And I also like your beard, it makes you look like Dave Grohl. – Garrett grins big at Charlotte’s statement.
- Charlie, stop winding up his ego, it’ll grow as big as John’s – points Kennedy, who’s intimate enough to call her by her nickname, and I flip him off.
- Oh no, no one’s ego is as big as O’Callaghan’s. Except maybe mine. – I hear from behind me, I turn to find Alex Gaskarth behind me.
- Well, anyway John ego’s aside, I am here to invite you all to our first day party at our bus. Loads of booze and all, you are like obliged to go, m’kay? – everyone kind of agreed and he walked away, not without giving Charlotte a quick wink. As soon as Alex is out of sight, Charlotte scoffs.
- That guy seriously can’t read a clear message; I know he’s your friend but that one thinks only with his dick. – we all laugh and agree.

Out of the blue, Charlotte takes a look at her iPhone screen and jumps up, nearly running out of the catering tent. We are perplexed but her bandmates don’t seem the least bit phased by her sudden action.

- She does it all the time and we’ll probably only see her in a few hours. – explains Nate. I shrug and finish my food noticing her half full plate.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so excited about this...
So yeah, I am watching Hobbit today, super exciting! I love this type of movies.