Rebel Yell

Small Things

The last few weeks have been hectic we’ve moved house we now have a four bedroom house with large garden, plenty of room more little one’s as Ash keeps reminding me. He really does want a kid bless him. We both would though.

“Mummy?” Aurélie calls out bringing me round from my thoughts. I rotate round to see her sitting at the wooden table that sits in the middle of the kitchen. “Yes sweetie.” I promptly answer plopping a bowl of cereal down in front of her. I take the seat opposite her eating mine. “Is dada going to pick me up from school?” she questions tilting her head as she chews on her cereal. “He said he’ll try, he’s very busy at work though finishing off the new album with batman.” I sigh heavily explaining. “Okay.” She chirps hurrying her food excitedly. She’s so excited for her first day of school.

I smile looking at her dressed in her smart little uniform. I suddenly remember Ash wanted a picture of her dressed ready for school I stand up clasping my phone. “Let mummy take a picture for daddy?” I ask her she grins widely standing up from her chair standing against the pale green wall posing. I snap a picture quickly sending it to Ash. A few moments later my phone rings I pass it to Aurélie to answer. “Dada,” She squeals down the phone “I’ll be good dada, I promise.” She smiles mischievously I shake my head at her. My little handful is ready for school. “Ew I’m not kissing boys, only dada and batman.” She declares disgusted making me nearly spew my coffee over the clean table in laughter. I look over at the time we had to get going “Tell daddy you have to go now.” I command Aurélie she nods gently babbling on saying goodbye.

I dropped her off at school she happily went in yapping away excitedly. I sigh plopping down on the brown leather couch flicking the TV on. What am I going to do now? No Aurélie to look after, no Ash. I sigh resting my head back on the back of the sofa letting boredom overcome me. I jolt to my feet rushing to bathroom my stomach churning nausea swelling in my throat burning the back it of it. I groan emptying my guts into the porcelain toilet. I sigh slumping against the wall clutching my stomach dizziness making the room spin unforgivingly. I quickly pull out my phone texting Sammi Doll over the last few weeks she’s become like a sister to me and Auntie to Aurélie.

Sammi I need your help can you pick up a pregnancy test and head over? Don’ let Ash know, not yet. ~ Scar

A few moments later my phone buzzed flashing the message symbol. I opened the message from Sammi.

Sure on my way sweet, little Purdy’s huh? Don’t worry I won’t worry Ash he’ll be running round the studio all day don’t think the boys would be pleased. ~ Sammi

I laugh at that it’s true he would. I can just imagine him running round going “Who’s the Papa, Purdy is!” with a great big soppy grin on his face. I stumble to my feet making my way back to the couch curling up on it Killer and Tokyo snuggle up by my feet as I watch some cop show that just started.

A short while later I hear the door unlock “Scar?” a sweet feminine voice speaks. “I’m in the living room Sammi.” I call out for her she shuffles through to the living room her purple and black hair curled perfectly. She rustles in her bag before revealing a pregnancy test. “Go on then, I can’t wait for forever.” She declares excitedly handing me the test. I clasp it nearly running to the bathroom. I wait impatiently I stare in the mirror ahead smiling like an idiot. Please…please, please I beg silently. Just then the result appeared positive. I nearly scream squealing before running out the bathroom pulling Sammi into a hug. “It’s positive!” I yell delighted. She hugs back before we both start dancing around like idiots to no music giggling. “Ahh a little Purdy.” She grins stamping her feet excitedly.
We sat around chatting about the guys, music and plans for this weekend till it was time to get Aurélie. “I need to be going to pick up Aurélie.” I sigh smiling in relief. I survived a whole day without my princess. “I’ll be going then, be nice seeing the little family this weekend.” She expresses emphasising on family. “Be nice to see you and Jinxx too.” I reply softly clutching my car keys and jacket as we both leave the house. “Bye.” We both call out scarpering to our own the cars.

I start the car and head on my way only to be greeted with L.A traffic. I exhale deeply becoming impatient with the traffic on the road. I’m meant to be picking Aurélie up from school I groan mentally as I tap my fingers irritably on the steering wheel. I suddenly hear a piercing horn I gaze around trying to find the source alarmed by the horrendous sound that screeches through my ears. I notice a hefty truck thundering through the barrier storming towards me. I panic trying to move the car but it was useless, utterly useless. The last thing I remember was the impact, the noise of the horn blaring through my ears as I scream for my saviour. Ashley…. Aurélie…I love you…