Status: complete

Kill Me With Words

I'm sorry I can't be perfect

When Heidi returned home after her first year of college, everyone was shocked at the dramatic changes she had gone through while she was away from home.

"Wow, you look incredible!"

"You lost weight! You look so good now!"

"You're absolutely stunning. It's amazing what a change in weight can do for you."

Everyone was commenting on how beautiful she was now that she had finally grown out of her baby fat and blossomed into a tall, thin, sultry woman. Boys finally flocked to her and she was getting more attention than she could ever imagine. Yet at the same time, she still wasn't happy. She thought that by becoming much more physically attractive that she would be happy. Deep down, she still felt like the same sixteen year old fat girl she used to be: lonely and unhappy. She wasn't sure what she was missing.


Heidi found Andy walking through some buses on her way to find the rest of her band. "Andy!" She called to him.

A pang of guilt hit his chest at the sound of her voice speaking his name. He turned around and forced a smile. "Hey! Are you headed to the stage?" He asked, hoping she wouldn't bring up the Beth issue.

"Yeah," She flipped her silk black hair over her shoulder. "But I was wondering if you did it yet." She was quick to bring it up.

"Do what?" Andy asked, hoping she would be talking about something completely different, even though he knew she wasn't.

"You know!" She hit his arm playfully. "The Beth thing I asked you to do?"

"Oh," Andy said. "Right. That. Well, you see..."

Heidi pouted her big, red lips. "You didn't, did you...?"

Andy shrugged and gritted his teeth. "Not exactly..."

"How are we supposed to be together? You have to get Beth off you and the only way to do it is to break her heart for good. She'll never want anything to do with you after that." Heidi explained.

Andy furrowed his eyebrows. "Are you sure it's a good idea to play with her like that? She's been through a tough past. Who knows what something like this could drive her to."

Heidi rolled her eyes but could feel her temper boiling under her skin. "Beth's not the only one with a tough past." She snapped. "Anyway..." She recovered. "She'll be fine. She has Spencer and Emily to take care of her. I'm sure they wouldn't let anything bad happen to her. You're acting as if this is much bigger than it needs to be."

Andy went to say something but was brushed against the shoulder. He looked over to see Ashley walking past and waving him over away from Heidi. "I have to go." Andy said. "We'll talk about this later. Have a good show."

Andy jogged lightly over to Ashley and began walking away from Heidi. Once they were a far enough distance, Ashley spoke. "You gotta shake her off, man."

Andy sighed and let the weight of the world roll off his shoulders. "The more time I spend with Beth, the more I start to like her. She's so easy to talk to and she has a great personality. She knows how to be herself around me and I really like that. I feel like Heidi, although really hot, just puts on an act for me every time she's around me. I feel like I don't know the real her."

"Then just tell her that. She needs to hear from you that you can't be involved with her in any way. And what she's trying to do to Beth is disturbingly messed up. I can't even imagine what must have happened between the two of them to make her hate Beth so much that she would try to drive her to suicide."

"Have you been asked to prom yet?" Heidi asked as her and Beth sat in her room reading magazines and munching on left over Chinese food from the night before.

Beth shrugged. "I mean, a couple guys have shown interest but I don't know. I just don't think I'm gonna go."

Heidi took a deep breath. "No one's even bothered to ask me."

Beth looked at Heidi and touched her arm lightly. "Hey. Look at me." Heidi looked up at Beth's sympathetic eyes. "I know it's not easy to feel this way."

Heidi shook Beth off her. "What would you know? You don't know what it's like to be the fat girl. You don't know what it's like to be ignored. All the guys like you because you're skinny and beautiful."

"Heidi, you're not fat." Beth consoled. "If that's what your mother has been telling you, she's wrong. You're beautiful. And I'm only this skinny because I'm a recovering anorexic."

Heidi looked up at Beth with shock and tears in her eyes. "What?" She trembled slightly.

Beth nodded solemnly. "Please don't be like me. And don't even think for a second that my life is perfect."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's fillerish. Also, my 'i' key hasn't been working so that's been fun typing this. I have to push down really hard to get it to type. I love life.... Also, I'm done with school so my updates will be much more frequent! I'm hoping to finish up some stories this summer and hopefully start some new ones or even some sequels.

I'm sorry I'm lazy. I'll do shout outs next chapter. I think there was only one anyway