Status: complete

Kill Me With Words

Storm

Beth woke when the bus ran over a pothole and shook the whole bus. She grabbed her phone and noticed it was 5 minutes before her alarm was to go off so she figured she should just get up.

She wiped the sleep from her eyes as she stumbled out into the lounge where Emily and Marcus were already awake and having cereal together.

"Morning Sleeping Beauty." Marcus acknowledged.

Beth lifted her hand and let it fall to her side in a weak attempt at waving to him. As she was grabbing a cereal bowl, she gazed out the window at the foggy weather and gray sky. "Think it's going to rain today?" She asked.

"They say we're supposed to have a huge storm. They're thinking of postponing this date of the tour, it's going to be that bad." Emily informed.

Beth scooted into the booth next to Emily with her cereal. "Seriously?" She sounded beat. "We have a week left. I'm so exhausted and I'm so ready to go home."

Marcus chuckled. "We are home."

Beth's head shot up from her cereal. "Wait. What's today?"

"August 1st, baby." Marcus smiled.

"We're home!" Beth exclaimed.

August 1st was the day she had been waiting for since the start of tour. August 1st was the day tour rolled into their hometown and she couldn't be more excited to see her Dad.

Her phone buzzed on the table and she glanced down to see a text from Andy.

Andy: You busy?

Beth: I just woke up, why?

Andy: Rumor has it there's supposed to be a surprise band for this date. Any idea who it could be?

Beth: No idea. I would think you would know before me.


"Some people have been saying AFI is here?" Spencer walked out into the lounge, ruffling the back of his head.

Beth ran up to him and grabbed him by both shoulders. Her eyes were wild. "Did you just say... AFI?AFI is here. In our home town. AFI."

Spencer tried to draw away from her but her grip on him was too tight. "That's what everyone has been saying. I don't know if it's true though."

Beth released her venom grip on him and relaxed her shoulders. "If AFI is here," She stated as calmly as possible. "I will literally have a heart attack."

"Oh...kay..." Spencer said and brushed past her. "If today's set gets cancelled or postponed or whatever, can we go hang out with your dad at your house for a bit?" He grabbed a bowl from the cabinet and started pouring his cereal.

Beth rested her hands on her hips and let her spine curve into a slumped position. "Yeah, I guess I don't see why not."

"Your dad should come to tour and see you play for christ sake." Marcus piped up.

Beth shrugged and folded her arms over her chest. "I know..." She agreed. "He's been busy planning some reunion tour with his band mates and besides, I know he hates Warped Tour."

"He only hates it because of the people who go." Heidi appeared in the doorway. "But that's no reason not to come see you perform."

Beth looked over at her and then looked down at her feet. "It's whatever." She mumbled to herself.

"You went to all of his shows as a kid." Heidi continued. "You would think he would at least show up to one of yours."

"It doesn't matter!" Beth raised her voice at her. "I only went with him to his shows because there was no one else to take care of me after my mom died."

The room fell silent and a deep tension seeped in and spread throughout the room. Beth looked around at everyone before dashing to the bunks and closing the door. Heidi sat down on the couch and looked over at Spencer. He appeared to be ignoring her and avoiding confronting her about what had happened the other night. Marcus and Emily were too invested in themselves to even notice Heidi was there. She was alone in a room of people. She had dug a hole for herself that was too deep to get out of and now she found herself stuck.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kinda short, kinda fillery but I know the general direction I want this to go. I'm just not sure how to continue just yet.

Shout outs:

-EDWARD_SEXY_LOVE_GEE

Also, does anyone have any fic requests preferably BVB, AFI (I know there's like none of those...) Pierce The Veil, Motionless in White, or anything similar to those? I'll read most band fics. I just really want to get back into reading but I'm too lazy to search for good fics and I trust you guys to have decent taste in fics since, I mean, you're reading my stuff haha but in all seriousness, I would love for more stuff to read.