Status: complete

Kill Me With Words

I do

"Good morning." Emily's already soft voice whispered in his ears. "Happy birthday!" A hint of excitement added a slight volume to her voice but Marcus just turned over in bed and allowed his back to face her.

He never really enjoyed his birthday and it was mostly because he didn't want to celebrate his life. His life was shit.

"Oh, come on." She tried pulling on his shoulder to turn him around again. "You're sister is coming today, isn't she?"

Marcus's eyes opened instantly and he sat up too quickly, banging his head against the top of his bunk. "Fuck!" He shouted, rubbing his sore forehead while Emily chuckled beside him.

"I'm excited to meet her." Emily admitted. "I never got to meet my sister. I hope she'll like me."

Marcus kissed Emily's forehead gently. "I don't see a reason why she wouldn't." He smiled at her blushing cheeks.

Emily loved Marcus, and despite the two of them being together for a while now, she was still afraid of telling him. Marcus didn't love anyone. His sister, sure, but Emily knew it was hard for Marcus to accept the emotion of love and she didn't want him getting angry with her.

Emily smiled weakly at him and let the thought drift about in her mind. "I'll get us some breakfast." She said, standing but Marcus grabbed her wrist and stopped her.

He got out of the bed and looked at her small, porcelain face with her wide eyes, perfectly arched brows, plump pink lips, and her button nose. He wondered how in the world he got so lucky. Emily was the type of girl who liked having a man to protect her. Marcus loved girls who were small and delicate, just the ones in need of protecting. They were a match made in heaven.

"There's something you need to know...about my sister..." He finally spoke.

****


"Uncle Marcus!" Abigail, his six year old niece called out and ran across the parking lot into his arms.

He picked her up and swung her around in the air, giving her a peck on the cheek before setting her down. "Hey munchkin!" He smiled, rubbing the top of her head and messing up her hair. She always got annoyed with him when he did that and Marcus found it incredibly entertaining.

Jessie followed not too far behind her daughter and gave Marcus a smile. "How've you been? She's been asking about seeing you every day." Abigail grabbed onto her mother's hand as Jessie spoke.

Marcus nodded. "Good. Tour is crazy but what else would you expect."

"Well," Jessie held out an envelope . "Happy birthday, big man. Twenty-four already."

"Jess, you didn't have to--" But his sentence was cut off when Abigail started calling for him againand tugging on the hem of his shorts.

"Uncle Marcus, Uncle Marcus!" She called.

"What's up buttercup?" He knelt down so he could be at eye level with her.

"Who's that?" Abigail pointed at someone approaching them.

Marcus craned his neck to see Emily striding effortlessly towards them. "That's my friend, Emily. Do you want to meet her?"

"Yes, yes, yes!" Abigail jumped up and down excitedly. "She looks like a mermaid!"

Marcus chuckled and waved Emily over. "Emily, this is my niece, Abigail."

"Well," Emily spoke softly and knelt down in front of Abigail. "It's very nice to meet you."

"You're pretty!" Abigail exclaimed and touched Emily's pastel green curls. "Are you a mermaid?"

Emily giggled. "Shh, it's a secret. But yes, I am. Would you like mermaid hair like me, too?"

Abigail gasped with delight.

"We have to make sure it's okay with your mommy first." Emily said.

"Mommy, please?!" Abigail begged.

Jessie looked at Emily with a skeptic look.

"It's washable, I promise." Emily informed.

Jessie nodded. "Alright, it's okay with me."

"Yay!" Abigail hugged Emily tightly. "I love you, Emily." She said. "Do you love Marcus? Is he your boyfriend? Are you guys going to get married?"

Emily laughed at the spew of questions. "Yes, Marcus is my boyfriend."

"Do you love him?" She asked again.

Emily looked up at Marcus. "I do."

"Marcus, do you love Emily?" Abigail asked. "You haaave to. She's a mermaid!"

Marcus smiled slightly, and nodded. "I do."
♠ ♠ ♠
aww adorable. So, thinking about putting a sequel up to this on another site but if barely anyone reads it on here, I probably won't bother updating a sequel on here.