Status: complete

Kill Me With Words

Love drunk

Heidi stared at Ashley with the roses resting in her arms like a child. Had he liked her all this time and she just never knew?

"I've liked you ever since we started hanging out." He said. "Well, by hanging out I mean... You know what I mean."

Heidi smiled, the bright red lipstick bringing out the whiteness of her teeth. "I know." She nodded. "And I'm sorry about that." It was the first time she had ever apologized to someone in quite some time. She figured she was always apologizing in high school for being so unattractive. Now that she was all that she could ever imagine, she didn't feel the need to apologize for anything. Until now. Until she realized she fucked up.

"What do you say we get out of here?" Ashley smirked.

Heidi felt like she was in a dream. She could feel her heart floating on air, until reality hit. "The signing. I'm late for our signing. Fuck." She realized. She threw the roses back at Ashley and turned swiftly on her heel. "I'll text you when I'm done!" She called back to him as she ran away.

Ashley clutched the roses against his chest and for the first time in his life, felt his heart flutter. Heidi was his girl; well, he hoped she was. She was everything he'd ever wanted in his life.

Heidi hurried through crowds of people and slipped into her place next to Spencer under the tent. "I'm sorry..." She apologized.

"Where have you been?" Spencer looked at her.

"With Ashley." Heidi smiled, hearts in her eyes.

Spencer paused, signed a poster for a fan, then looked at her and nodded. "Good. I think he'll be good for you."

Heidi signed a CD and handed it off to Spencer to sign. "I knew you were going to say that." She nudged him in the arm with her shoulder. Ashley admitting his feelings for Heidi changed her whole demeanor. She felt like she had wanted to feel her whole life. "He gave me roses." She leaned over to tell Spencer.

Spencer looked at her with a big smile on his face. "Wow. For Ashley, that's a big deal."

"I know!" Heidi squealed.

A fan approached Heidi and smiled weakly. He had heard rumors of Heidi being a stone cold bitch but she was his favorite in the band. "H-hey." He stuttered. "I just, I just wanted you to have this." He gave her a letter. "I really love you. You're my favorite in the band and you inspired me to start playing bass and I know--"

Heidi cut him off by reaching out to him for a hug. Heidi never hugged fans but she was so high on cloud Ashley, she couldn't help but feel like hugging fans today. She kissed his forehead and smiled, seeing she left a red lipstick stain on his skin. He beamed with joy and moved on to Spencer.

Spencer signed his CD and looked at Heidi with confusion spread across his face. "That's unlike you."

Heidi shrugged. "I can't help it. Ashley is just so..." She sighed.

When the last couple fans had gotten through the line, Heidi ditched the tent and practically ran to the gate, flashing her badge at the security guard. She pulled her phone out, furiously texting Ashley letting him know that she was done with her signing.

She was so invested in her phone, she didn't even realize Ashley was texting her at the same time, and walking towards her. They collided, both their phones falling onto the pavement.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." She reached for her phone at the same time he did. Their hands touched and at first she pulled away, but then let her hand travel back to his.

"It's all good." He chuckled, smiling at their touching hands. He picked up both their phones and stood up while she followed his lead. He handed her phone to her and slipped his back in his pocket. "You ready? I think I've found the perfect place for us to go."

Heidi nodded furiously and took Ashley's extended hand. She was ready for the date of her dreams with a guy she never thought she'd be dating. As they walked by the BVB bus, she saw Andy watching them through the window, and everything she had felt for Ashley dissipated.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wrote this while drinking champagne and getting drunk on my 20th birthday; probably why I called this chapter love drunk. If I go back and read this tomorrow sober, I might do some editing if it makes no sense