Status: complete

Kill Me With Words

Hold my hand as I wish for death

Everyone was getting worried about Beth. She had been in the bathroom for much longer than she should have.

"I'm going to see what's wrong." Emily stood from the table and hurried to the bathroom. She pushed open the door and walked by an older woman to face the stall that she assumed Beth was in, since the other two were open. "Beth?" Emily called.

"Go away, Emily. I don't want to talk about it." Beth grumbled.

Emily glanced at the older woman who was washing her hands and giving Emily a dirty look. It was clear the woman wasn't fond of Emily's bright blue hair. Emily ignored her, and continued to lure Beth out of the stall.

"Come on, Beth. Spencer and Marcus are waiting out there." Emily said, trying to convince her to come out. The older woman at the sink rolled her eyes at Emily before exiting the bathroom. "Alright, Beth. It's just you and me in here. You have to tell me what's going on."

"No." Beth refused.

"You have Spencer thinking he did something wrong." Emily said. "He really cares about you, you know. He likes you a lot."

Beth unlocked the stall door and opened it. "He does?" She said with hope in her eyes.

"Yeah," Emily smiled weakly. "He really does."

Beth looked down at the tiled floor and let a small smile slip.

"Now please tell me what's going on." Emily let her hands find Beth's cold ones. "I've never seen you this bad before, and I've seen you at your worst."

Beth didn't speak. She just stood there, thinking of Andy. The image of him staring after Heidi was burned in her mind. No guy ever looked at her that way, and Andy never would.

"It's Andy, isn't it." Emily guessed.

Beth nodded slightly and broke. She inhaled sharply as tears stung her eyes. Her body shook as she rested her forehead against Emily's shoulder as Emily wrapped her arms around her best friend protectively. Beth had never felt so alone in her whole life. She had three great friends that she spent almost every waking moment with, but still her life felt incomplete. A fog was settled over her eyes, and she couldn't see past it. She couldn't see how truly loved she really was. All she felt was alone all the time.

****


Spencer sat across from Marcus with his hands wringing together under the table. "I'm getting really worried about Beth." He admitted.

"I'm sure Emily has it under control." Marcus sat back, locking his fingers together and cracking his joints before resting his hands behind his head.

Spencer looked down and shifted his glass up on his nose with his index finger. All he could think of was Beth. "How do you do it, Marcus?"

"Do what?" Marcus asked, sitting up straight.

"Be... You know... So calm all the time. It's as though you don't really care about anything." Spencer observed. He wanted to be more like Marcus. Marcus was always so calm about everything. He had this aura of rebellion surrounding him. He was mysterious, and Spencer wanted to be like that. Spencer was tired of being walked all over by Heidi and wanted most of all to finally tell Beth how he really felt. His shyness overpowered his confidence and held him back.

"You don't want to be like me Spence." Marcus spoke almost as if he had read Spencer's mind. "There's only three things in this world that I truly care about: Our band, you and Beth, and especially Emily. But I'll never know how to show Emily that I really care about her." Marcus admitted, letting his tough side back down for the first time. "I see the way you look at Beth. I want to know how to look at Emily like that."

Spencer was surprised at Marcus's sensitive side. "Well, what if we taught each other what the other wants to know. You can help me become more confident, and how to stand up for myself. And I'll help you show Emily you care about her."

"You'd do that for me, man?" Marcus cracked a smile.

"Of course." Spencer smiled back. And then he saw Emily and Beth making their way back to the table. Beth's eyes were red and swollen. Emily had her arm around Beth in a supportive manner. Emily looked as though all the joy had been sucked from her soul. Spencer's smile faded. He didn't know what had happened in that bathroom, but from the look of it, it couldn't have been good.
♠ ♠ ♠
so yay I got around to this story.

vero i h9 u betch

Shout outs:

-cr3ature_