Status: We need more baseball stories on this sight, so here ya go!~

Weight of the World

The Pretender

Autumn sat beside her sister, watching her flip through a bridal magazine with a wide smile upon her face. The diamond she wore on her finger made Autumn cringe. As if she wasn’t already annoyed with her sister’s excitement over her engagement, she was engaged to her best friend.

“Oh, I love this one. What do you think, Autumn?” Her sister asked with a bit of enthusiasm.

“It’s great, Kennedy.” She told her, giving her a fake smile that she surprisingly bought.

Kennedy filed through the magazine quickly, marking every dress she was interested in.

Autumn didn’t understand her sister, or how they could even be related. They were so different in so many ways that she honestly didn’t know how they got along.

Autumn was a much different girl than most. While most girls said this, it was actually true with her. She didn’t dye her hair every other week and she didn’t get her nails done. Her hair stayed the natural black she was blessed with and it would be hard to play drums with fake nails on. She didn’t go tanning, she got tattoos. Dresses weren’t in her wardrobe, ripped jeans and band t shirts were the basics of her closet.

After realizing Autumn didn’t have much interest in her dress search, she went on to look with her mother.

Autumn took a peek at the clock, seeing that she had to leave for work and said her goodbyes.

Hopping into her 69’ z28 Chevrolet Camaro, she started the engine, loving the rumble of it. She could never understand how so many people could drive around in boring cars when they had such beauties to choose from.

Pulling into her dad’s garage, she took off her leather jacket and left in the car, walking into her dads office.

“Hey dad,” She said, his face automatically lighting up with a smile. He brought her into a hug and the smell of grease quickly filled her nostrils. “Have any work for me?”

“I have an oil change you can do. Billy’s working on brakes later.” He informed her and she nodded and grabbed the paper work to the car and quickly went to work.

“Autumn!” Billy yelled, startling Autumn as she came out from under the car, giving him a glare. “Ah ha, I gotcha ya.” He said with a proud smile forming over his face.

“You are a genuine jackass, Billy.” She informed him, standing from the ground and grabbing a rag to clean her hands off.

“Tell me something I don’t know.” He countered with a grin on his face.

Autumn rolled her eyes with a smile, “What do you want Billy?”

“I have an extra ticket to the Angels game, wanna come?” He asked.

“David isn’t going with you?” She asked.

“No, he’s got double time at the bar and you’re off tonight so yeah, let’s go.” He smiled.

“Alright, sounds fun.” She said, giving him a smile in return.

After she finished working, she headed back the apartment she shared with Steven, otherwise known as her sisters fiancée. Unlocking and opening the door, she listened to see if anyone was there. Sighing, she heard Steven in his room.

She closed the door and automatically made her way to her room before getting stopped by Steven. “Autumn?” Closing her eyes, she turned around and looked at Steven.

“Yeah?” She asked.

“Did you see Kennedy today?” He asked hesitantly.

“Yeah, she wouldn’t leave me alone with dress ideas.” She informed him.

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you, I was going to but I know you’d be upset.” He said.

“I’m not upset. Congratulations.” She said, forming a fake smile on her face. Steven was relieved but Autumn wasn’t.

Entering her room, she closed the door and let out a frustrated sigh. She was upset, far beyond that in fact. Her and Steven had been friends since they were about five. They did everything together. They even made a promise as teenagers that neither of them would ever get married, simply because both of their parents were divorced and they never wanted that.

They may had been kids, but Autumn was serious when she made that promise.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story, Trout will be in the next chapter this is just the introduction of Autumn. (: