Status: We need more baseball stories on this sight, so here ya go!~

Weight of the World

Alone I Break

Autumn pulled up to Billy’s house, trying to shake off any thoughts she was having of Steven. She wanted to tell him off, but she was trying to convince herself that she was just being foolish and that promise didn’t really mean anything.

Truth was, when she made that promise, she never wanted to get married to anyone except the person she made the promise with.

“Remind me to ride with you more places.” Billy said with a smile on his face as he hopped in Autumn’s car. All she did was chuckle at him and head to the stadium.

Scanning their tickets, Autumn automatically had a smile on her face. She hadn’t been to a game in quite sometime and there was some players she was looking forward to seeing for the first time. Like their new pitcher, CJ Wilson and first baseman Albert Pujols, along with their star rookie Mike Trout.

Taking their seats, it was pretty close to game time so Billy went and got them a couple of beers.

The game started and Autumn had forgotten just how much she enjoyed coming to the games and experiencing everything with the fans.

Nothing happened for the first two innings, leaving the score zero to zero. In the third, the Mariners had two homeruns in the inning, making the score five to zero. But their lucky rookie, Mike Trout homered, bringing in three runs to make it only a two run deficit.

The game tied in the fifth and the Angels went on to win it with a Walk Off. Autumn was really excited to see everything, be there with the fans who were going crazy. She was actually happy and content at the moment.

“Thanks for bringing me Billy.” She said, sending him a smile. He returned it.

Autumn dropped off Billy and made her way home, seeing that her sister was there. Groaning, she entered the apartment, hearing exactly what she didn’t want to hear. Quickly making it into her room, she turned on her stereo and started blasting Metallica. She knew that would ruin their time together and that’s what she wanted to do.

The following week Autumn was excited to be a work and actually have stuff to do. She kept busy which meant she kept her mind off of her sisters engagement because that’s all she would hear about.

Changing the spark plugs in a car, someone called for a assistance in the office. “Billy! Dad!” She called, trying to get someone’s attention so she didn’t have to stop working. “Dammit.” She groaned, wiping off her hands and walking into the office, surprised at the person that stood at the counter. “Sorry about the wait.” She said and he shook his head.

“Don’t worry about it.” He told her and she smiled.

“How can I help you?” She asked him and he shrugged.

“I’m not exactly sure what is wrong with the car. I’ve only had for a few months but it’s making this weird noise in the front.” He informed her and she nodded. The two walked out to the car and Autumn immediately got onto the floor and started looking under the car.

“Go ahead and start it up.” She told him and he did just that. Still having no clue on what the problem could be, she spotted the axel and sighed in relieve, happy it wasn‘t something with the engine. “Turn the wheel.” She said, hearing the noise and nodding, standing from the floor. “It’s your axel, it looks to be pretty bad.”

“My luck.” He mumbled.

“No worries, it’s an easy fix. I can have it done in about an hour.” Shocked to hear that, he nodded, now relieved he would have the car back today. “Uh, you could stick around here or go get something to eat, there’s a really good burger joint right up the street.” She told him.

“I’ll just stick around here. I’m, uh, on a diet.” He said, making her chuckle.

“Because you’re a baseball player?” She asked with an amused smile.

He let out a small laugh and nodded. “Right.”

“You don’t even need to be a baseball fan to know who you are, Mr. Trout.” She said, making him smile.

Autumn asked Billy if he could finish up the car she was doing before and he agreed to.

Pulling the car into the garage, she immediately got it onto jacks and started taking off the wheel. “Billy, go get my iPod and put on some music!” She yelled.

“Yes, sir!” He said, saluting her, causing her to laugh at him.

Smiling as she heard Pantera start blaring through the speakers of the shop, she sang along with the song as she worked on the axel. “That’s your car?” Mike asked.

Autumn looked over at Mike, then the direction he was looking in. She saw her Camaro come into view and smiled, nodding to his question. “That’s my baby Gracie. It took me six months and a lot of blood, sweat and tears to restore her but, I eventually got there.”

“That’s a really nice car, you did a good job.” He praised her and she smiled at him.

She continued working on the axel until she had finally finished, putting the wheel back together. Autumn walked with Mike to the counter and wrote out his receipt. “So, I’m going to assume you’re an Angels fan?” He asked.

“All my life, I grew up going to that stadium.” She said, smiling at him.

He smiled at her, “Thanks for everything.” He said and she smiled.

“Anytime.” With that, Mike left, captivated by Autumn. She was extremely different from any other girl he had met. Something was telling him to turn around and just ask her out.

Autumn was happy at the moment. She actually had a really good time fixing his car and he seemed like a pretty decent guy. “I can’t believe Mike Trout came here.” Billy said, still surprised at him coming to the shop.

Autumn rolled her eyes and nudge him, “Stop fangirling.” She told him.
♠ ♠ ♠
4 subscribers on just the first chapter?! :D
Thanks for the support.