Status: Active

To the People

Letter #12: To Someone I Wish I Could Meet

Dear Amy Lee,

Oh my God. I seriously wish I could meet you. Your voice gives me chills and so do your lyrics. Everything about Evanescence is amazing. I love how you include the guys in everything. Not many people do that. Also, I love how you never back down from your opinions. I know too many people who give in but you don’t. Keep doing that!

You’ve really opened up my mind. Before I started listening to Evanescence in early 2011, I was pretty ignorant to the issues some teenagers go through. I was a huge pop fan at the time so I was reluctant to listen to your band at first. But once I started, I couldn’t stop. I started listening to your band and within a week I was more educated about everything. Thank you for that. Now I don’t walk around like a dumbass. You’ve taught me how to deal with pain. I always turn to your music whenever I need something to cope with. Your voice shoots out the emotions I’m feeling.

Not a lot of people know this, but you’re the reason why I kept playing piano. When I was nine I had to drop out of my lessons due to money issues. I only knew simple songs on the white keys. I just gave up. I started up again when I was thirteen because I wanted to learn your songs so badly. I have to teach myself through YouTube videos but it’s better than nothing right.

I think we should be sisters. You’re fifteen years older than me but I don’t care. SISTERS UNITE!

From,
Another Fan