Status: I'm working on it when I can - just in case you actually like the story.

WIP

Poetic Shmoetic

So you two sat across from each other in your seats, you officially exchanged names, and introduced yourselves and such after collecting your finally on time coffee.

All the while you sat there, still doodling, not even worrying to keep drawings towards you.
Of course all of the details had been figured out a few minutes into the second day of knowing each other, now it was more enjoying each other's company. You know you enjoyed it, he was quite the comedian. You assumed that he thought it was nice too. He seemed too shy of the type to get out and converse much.

No offense of course.

And so days passed. It may have been a week, you weren't sure, you met up in the small but crowded coffee shop.

Yes, numbers had been exchanged. Putting his number into your phone as a contact you had to convince yourself that it was only for business.

You were still working on that.

One night your conversation had run a little long. The warm California sky was actually growing dark. Once you had noticed you two said your good byes, and walking out of the door, went your separate ways.

And someone was grabbed.

Pulled into an alleyway to be hidden for the night only to be released in the morn too embarrassed to reveal what happened.

And it wasn't the strong twenty-one year old man, that was for certain.

You didn't go to the coffee shop that day.

You didn't have a missed call from a worried someone waiting for you.

The day after you went back. Cringing, eyes dulled, laugh... a bit less natural.

Still there were no worried words to help.

That night before slowly drifting to sleep, something did show.

The little light of your small cell phone glowing in the back of your room.
Too exhausted you simply fell asleep.

In the morning you hear the words you were unknowingly longing for.
"Hey, you seemed a bit off today. Is there anything wrong? You know you can talk to me."
Eyes blurry you didn't quite catch the name as you hurried to your usual appointment at the coffee shop.

This time there was a piece of cake waiting for you.

You ate it, sure. You have no idea what it tasted like though.

"So how are you today?" Jordan asked. How cute, he was turning his head like the curious little puppy he so closely resembled.

"Oh," you were a bit taken aback, "I'm just fine, a little tired."

He turned his head the other way, taking in your face, almost out-right staring.

"You know if you aren't getting enough sleep at home I'd be fine with you taking a nap at my house or something today. We can go ahead and bring another piece of cake for when we get there too if you'd like," he was smiling.

You don't know why.

You nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
ah
ahaahhhhh
I'm writing this so differently from the first chapter gosh.
I like it though.
Sorry for this taking so long; teachers hounding about unnecessary things are so bothersome.
I hope you don't hate it <3