In Her Eyes

Bribery Is a Crazy Thing

I ran to school.
Even though i was late, there is something I could try.

As I approached the front lawn of Atwell Highschool, I took one last look before I stepped through the front door. I cant believe I'm going to do this again..

I walked right through the door, and there stood Mrs.Moore, the secretary, with the Tardy sign in sheet waiting for me. "That's another detention Emily.." She said. "We'll see.." I said. "She gave me that Oh-no-please-tell-me-you-arent-going-to-do-that look. "I can't get another detention!" I said. "Emily!" She yelled, right when Mr. James walked into the front office. I smiled at him. He stopped walking and tilted his head a little. I nodded. He turned around and walked up the stairs. Mrs. Moore looked at me. "Emily, your 15, you shouldn't be doing this." "Please dont tell anyone! Please!" I begged. She turned around and started doing her paperwork.

I ran to homeroom and checked in with my teacher. "Sorry I'm late, Mr.James and I were having a meeting about my grades, and I still getting counted tardy?" "Not if you have a note" Ms. Heaton said. "No problem!" I said and flashed a smile at her, and ran up the stairs.

I snuck into Room 109, where Mr.James was seated, waiting for me. "Write the note first." I said. "What's the excuse?" He asked. "Meeting about my grades" I told him. He laughed, and gave me the note. "Ugh, now what do you want for it?" "What do you have in mind?" He asked and stepped closer to me. "You name it, but I'm not having sex with you again, Mrs. Moore caught us last time, I'm still having to bribe her not to tell anyone. I'm running out of shit to do for her." I said. "But she knows were going to do something again, I heard you two talking." He told me. "But still, I'm not going to have sex with you." I told him, and stepped away, folding my arms. "Maybe that's what I want."