Status: Complete like the fresh brownies i just made :D

Once Upon a Time...Fairy Tales Happened in Real Life. Not Now.

Fresh Start..maybe

Tomorrow is my first day at my new school and by fuck would I be lying if I said I wasn't scared... I shoudnt be scared, ive been the most popular kid at every school ive ever been to but honestly I'm terrified, it's not everyday that you move schools. Or continents for that matter, I use to live in England. In a huge city called London, my parents are rich so we could afford to live in a really big mansion that may of being small compared to Buckingham Palace but made even some of the finer houses in all of London look well... Tiny. It had thirteen rooms, each of them bigger then the size of the average house. Mine was right at the back, I had a lovely view of the palace from my room. In fact, we were so posh my mother was friends with the queen. But none of that matters now, in Jersey. Or what ever this place Is... It's dirty, small and nothing like London. On the way to our house, if you can even call it that. It's so small, it only has three rooms! And there not big at all, we moved here because dad can get paid more if he works over here. You'd think they'd of got a bigger house knowing that were going to have more money, not like we can't afford a big house... But as I was saying, on the way to our 'house' I saw a group of six kids beating up another kid. One guy steal somebody else's motorbike, two houses on fire and about seven people made aggressive or rude signs at our car. I just want to be back home, in London. But according to mum, this is our new home. I don't know how I'll ever survive, mum said something about us finally being a normal family for once. I didn't realise we were ever not normal. And if the people I've seen today are 'normal' then we're all doomed...

I grab my backpack out of the boot of the car, hosting it onto my back before heaving my two suitcases out and slowly making my way towards the house. Of course, here is where I get my first look at my neighbours. Sets of beady eyes, watching me as I struggle to carry my luggage up to the front door. I drop my two suitcases to the ground fishing around in my pocket for the key to the front door, my long spindly fingers latch onto it, yanking it out and sticking it in the lock. A few twists and turns later and I'm finally in. I put my key back in my pocket, before reaching down and picking up my suitcase again.

I place my luggage down on the floor, heading back out to help Mikey with his. It seems he's struggling more then I was, even though I had deemed that impossible. I grab his largest suitcase dragging it along behind me, because it turns out Mikeys suitcases have wheels. Even though Mikey isn't using them to his advantage. I slowly pull Mikeys luggage along behind me, pushing open the now unlocked door and dumping his luggage inside. Leaving my luggage where it is, I start to head upstairs. May as well survey the house properly, plus since I'm the oldest I should get first choice of the bedrooms. Not that there's much to choice from, I enter the first room. It's lacking in life extremely, a thin layer of dust coating the, obviously cheap furniture inside. I pull a face in disgust and leave the room, shutting the door. That one can be Mikeys, I check the next room. It's slightly bigger then the last. I believe that this one is meant to be the master bedroom, it's definitely set out like one. A four poster, double bed in the middle with matching tables either side. Who ever decorated this room, tried to hard. It just looks likes something out of a cheap sitcom. Where's the colour, the life? The final room I enter is just as cheap and tacky as the rest, this house is going to need a serious make over.

I walk back down stairs, a down that I hadn't seen on my way in catching my eye. An old black door, that looks like it hasn't been used in years, situated next to the front door. So when you open the front door, this door is hidden. I walk up to the door, shaking the rusted up handle. The door doesn't budge, I'll have to get Dad to fix it later, but until then ill have to let my imagination of what's behind the door run wild.

By the end of the day, mum and dad has decide on the 'master bedroom' Mikeys in the room, I'd decided was for him anyway and the only room left is the small tacky one at the end of the hallway. Well, it's that or sleep on the couch and since you can't bring furniture over the border the couch we have looks slightly more comfortable then the hard wood floor. Dads trying to get the mysterious door unlocked, while mum and Mikey are next door at the neighbours. Apparently mingling with the community will be good for our family. Although, in my opinion they should be gracing us with gifts and kiss the ground we walk on. Filthy street urchins they are, they're not worth the ground we walk on. Mum doesn't see it this way though and when I tried to voice my opinions she called me arrogant and selfish... I have no idea what she means by that, I always think of other people. Not that they deserve it. I'm currently sat in the living room, there isn't much to do in this house. It's to small and since I haven't decided whether I want the couch or the bedroom upstairs I don't have anything to decorate. I loud bang echos through the house, it sounds like it came from the hallway. Probably dad.

'I did, it Gerard. I think it's the basement.' Dad shouts through to me, it takes me a few moments to work out what dads shouting about. But then I remember, the door. It leads to the basement, I've always wanted a basement bedroom...

-----------

I started un packing my things, dad said I could have the basement room as long as I helped clean it out. It took a good few hours but now it's done, it doesn't look to bad and it's the biggest room in the house. The hardest part of it all was carrying the bed from the spare room all the way down to the basement without breaking anything, but believe it our not. We managed it. I survey my room, writing down a list of things I'm going to need to make this room perfect.
-Paint (Black)
-Posters (Iron Maiden, Misfits, Black Flag)
-New Furniture
-A Carpet
My room definitely needs a lot of improvements but, not as much as the other rooms do. I'll start work on them tomorrow after school. But for now, I have to sleep.

---------

I'd love to say, I had a great nights sleep but that bed was as comfortable as it looked and trust me it did not look to good. I ran my hand through my long black hair, I really needed to trim it slightly. It was almost touching my shoulders, I walked towards my mirror. Kneeling down on the cold wooden floor so I could see my self properly. I looked like death, nothing a quick shower and some eyeliner couldn't fix though.

I'm up and ready for schoo, by 8am. We need to be there for half past but apparently me and Mikey are walking with the neighbours son at ten past. Mikey seems to think that this guy, 'Ray' or whatever Mikey said he was called, is awesome.

---------

Mikey was right, Ray is kind of awesome. He's into all the same music as me and he's just as nerdy. Although, apparently he isn't popular so I'm not sure how much longer ill be talking to him for. I don't want some social reject dragging me down the popularity ladder. We're about halfway to school, we're meeting some friend of Rays apparently. Another social reject, no doubt. The guys name, is Frank apparently. To be honest, the fact that he's called Frank is probably enough to get him beat up daily.

'Ray!' I loud voice squeals from behind us. Ray spins around, obviously anticipating some form of attack. He was right, the young boy jumps onto Ray. Before jumping down and staring at me and Mikey. I take one look at the boy and realise that I should be kissing the ground this boy walks on. He's... Perfect. The way his bright green eyes are smudged beautifully with black eyeliner, which contrasts amazingly with his pale skin. His hair, is different. It's strange but I like it... No, I love it. The sides are short, almost shaved, and bright red but the middle is black and goes into a huge fringe that covers over one of his eyes. He's just all round perfection, and I don't say that often.

'You brought friends!' I hear him, squeal. Before hugging both me and Mikey, wrapping us both in his embrace. I look up at Ray, slightly uncomfortable at the fact I'm been touched and he mouths a small sorry to me. In all fairness, I must say hanging around Ray and Frank is definitely going to be... Interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, that was quite a long introduction. I got my co-author so I hand you over to the fabulous: *insert drum roll here* NaturalBornKiller

Courtney x