Status: Complete like the fresh brownies i just made :D

Once Upon a Time...Fairy Tales Happened in Real Life. Not Now.

Chapter 22

Gerard's POV

I begin to shake, running round my room like a madman grabbing everything I can and shoving it into a backpack for me and Frank. I run a hand through my hair, blocking out all the sounds around me. I need to focus, the sooner we leave, the better.

"Gerard?" Frank shouts, I hope he hasn't been shouting for ages. I look up at him my eyes wide.

"Yes babe?" I replied, trying - and probably failing - at hiding my concern. Afterall I'm meant to be the strong on here.

"Uh...are you sure she's...she's...she's dead?" He asks me trembling. I sigh, looking down at the floor. I can't stand that fact that he's probably scared of me now. I came into his life, caused more trouble for him then ended up killing somebody practically in front of him. What must he think of me?

"Yes Frankie, I'm sure," I replied, I shook my head, getting rid of the images in my mind, the dreadful images from the second I pushed her to the second she hit her head. It was replaying in my mind over and over again, the terror in her eyes as she fell... I wasn't going to sleep easy tonight. Or tomorrow night, maybe not even ever. I begin packing again, shoving in a few more pairs of pants and some more shirts.

"Frankie?" I question, standing directly behind him, he was half asleep resting his head on the door frame. I don't know how he can stand there un affected by Lyn-z's body. I shudder as he turns around. I smile at how close we are, but now isn't the time!

"Yes?" He replies

"You ready?" I ask, he nods slightly not breaking eye contact. I search his eyes for any hint that he's scared of me. None. I turn around and look at my old bedroom, I sigh. This room had so many memories attached to it, I may of only lived here in Jersery for a few months but so much has

"This was my safe haven," I say with a chuckle, suddenly remembering the time that Lyn-Z caught Frank under my bed and totally flipped out. Only to be totally owned by Frank...

"And now you are," I finish, looking down at him and smiling. All I could think about was him, my beautiful boy, Frankie. I look a Frank again, noticing that his face has flushed bright red, awh he's blushing! I smile before leaning down and connecting out lips. Frank presses his body agaisn't mine, adding more force to the kiss. He giggles slightly, making my lips vibrate. His hands making there way down to my hips. Evantually we parted, so that we could breath.

"Your beautiful," I admit causing him to blush once again. I want this moment to last forever, me and Frank. Like this, minus a dead Lindsey less then an metre away...

"I could say the same to you," He states, breaking the silence. This time its me who's blushing. The things this boy does to me. Frank giggles, I guess it's now or never right.

"Let's go," I announce grabbing his hand and leading him upstairs quickly.

"Frank? Gerard? Is that you?" My mom calls out. I tense and squeeze Frankie's hand. If mum finds us leaving she'll try to stop us.

"Yes! Now bye mom!" I yell out as I yank Frank to the front door.

"Wait! But is..." she didn't get to finish her sentence because we were running out the door.

I kept a firm grip on Franks hand as I pulled him through alley ways and short cuts. I had no idea where we we're going but I just needed to be as far away from home as possible. As Far away from New Jersey as I could.

"Gerard where are we going?!" Frank asked, I knew that he'd want to know evantually, I didn't want to seem weak by not knowing but I hadn't exactly planned on running away.

"I dont know!" I admitted. The school was coming into sight, I quickly pulled him along, stopping behind the school for a break.

"Frankie come here," I state, he looks scared out of his mind. His face is flushed and panicky his pupils wide... He practically threw himself into my arms. I pushed my hands into his hait, stroking his head. Getting rid of all the knots and kinks.

"Baby I'm here," I mumbled, humming one of my favourites songs. I feel Frank relax agaisn't me.

"Gee I'm scared," He admits, I nod before remembering that he can't see my face.

"I know me to," I reply. Frank lifts his head up, looking at me, directly in the eyes,

"Promise you'll never leave me?" He blurts out, causing my eyes to widen in shock. Where the hell did he get that idea? Of course i'd never leave him, this guy is my life!

"Frank I would never leave you!" I state, causing him to smile and bury his face inte crook of my neck. I smile to, I wanna hold him forever.

"I love you," I suddenly, shocking myself and probably Frank too.

"I love you to," He replied, causing me to mentally sigh in relief. I smile and kiss him softly. He smiles agains't my lips as we wrap our arms round each other.

"Well well well, the two faggots," we hear a voice thats not to hard to recognize.

"Shut the fuck up!" I yell making Frank flinch at the sound.

"where's Lyn-Z? The last thing I remember is her going to win you back and now I find you to dry humping eachother," the one jock says, his asshole friends snickering at us. I gulp, as I swallow down the guilt. She may of deserved everything that she got but I still can't help but feel bad. I tensed up at the memories.

"You know what!" Frank shouts,

"My boyfriend doesn't want Lyn-Z okay? He's mine! And guess what he never liked her anyway! He wanted me the whole time! She's fucking over! I'm sick of you preying on me! I never done anything to you! And so what if we were dry humping, which we weren't! At least I could get some action and have someone who actually wants me! Now shut the fuck up and leave me and MY boyfriend alone!" He screamed, wow. Franks hot when he's angry, but yet again this really isn't the time.

"Think your tough short shit?" the leader says to Frank. My Frank. I wrapped my arms around his waist protectively, there was no way I letting Gerard get hurt.

"Hah you need your boyfriend to protect you! Oh please!" he mocks. Frank went to stand up but I quickly pulled him back down.

"Gerard stop!" He yells at me,

"Let me!" He whines, I can't let him go. No matter what, the jocks will hurt him even more if he provokes them. And as much as I would want to, I wouldn't be strong enough to stop it from happening.

"Frank no," I state calmly,

"Hes not worth it," I try to reason. Frank was pissed off, I could feel it. His full body was tense and his fists were clenched by his side.

"Gerard, where's Lyn-Z?" he asks him. I tense up once again, what can I say? They'll kill me if they find out!

"None of your business," I reply, trying to calm myself.

"Oh so you won't tell me huh? I'll make you tell me!" he spits out and lunges at us. I quickly stand pulling Frank along with me! Fuck, this can't be happening. My arm moves enough for Frank to free himself. He jumps onto the lead jock, attacking the jock with all his might.

"Fuck!" The jock yells as he's knocked down. Frank raises his fists pounding them into the jocks face. I begin to shake, they're going to hurt Frank. I can tell, they won't take kindly to a beating like that!

"Fuck you!" Frank yelled.

"Leave us alone!" The jock was trying to fight back, but Frank was to over powering. One of the other jocks grabbed Frank I rushed forward desperate to help but was grabbed by the two other jocks. Frank was pinned to the ground, screaming bloody murder, I always loved that about him, he never gave up. I felt tears threatening to fall as I saw that Frank was in pain, why are they hurting him? Can't they see how perfect he is...

"Let him go!" I shouted, it's now or never. They're going to hurt Frank and this is the only way I can stop them!
"He had nothing to do with this! Let him go I killed her okay! Let him go!" Everyone froze at my comment. I couldn't take it back now. Everyone's eyes were on me, they all knew now. I was done for, I let the tears fall.

"You what?" the lead jock hissed.

"I accidentally pushed her too hard because she was all up on me and her head hit the door hard. Knocking her out cold...forever," I stated. I looked at Frank, he was crying. My heart ached for him, I just wanted to give him a hug, stroke his hair like I had earlier.

The jock started walking towards me, I couldn't be scared now. I had to stand up for was about to happen to me. The jock was crying, another pang of guilt.

"You killed her?" he asked. I nodded, clenching my fist so I was reday for the attack that was about to happen. The jock extended his arm bringing his fist to my jaw.

"NOOO!" Frank cried out , earning a smack to the face.

"You fucking killed my best friend! I loved her you mother fucker bastard piece of faggot shit!" he shouts at me, pounding his fists into my face again and again. I winced in pain, at the brutal attack, but then again after what I've done I deserve nothing else. I sobbed again.

"Stop!" Frank yells, I sigh in relief as the jock turns away and removes his fists.

"Stop? Did he stop to think when he pushed her? Huh!? Did he stop! No! So why should I?!" he yells at Frank, I wince at the noise. My head is pounding.

"Because I love him you asshole!" Frank screams, my heart swells with pride. I just want to tell Frank I love him too but my mouth won't move. I think the jock may of broke my jaw.

"Well I love her! But she's not here now is she?! You stupid fuck! He tortured me by taking something I can't live without!" he stopped. It took me a few seconds to work out what he meant... No! No! No! I opened my mouth, trying to scream out words of protest, but my voice was fucked.

"Taking something he can't live without," he repeats but this time clearly about me. I pushed with all my might, trying to say anything that will stop whats about to happen.

"No!" I force out,

"NOOO!"I try to get up but the jock pushes me back down, my wrist snaps not been able to hold my weight. I whimper in pain, I can't do this.

"Kill him," The jock says feverishly to his friends. They all looked at Frank.
Franks the thing that I can't live without.

"Frank Fight back please fight back!" I beg, my heart slowly breaking into pieces. They grab him, pulling him up, Frank kicks out trying anything to escape. I silently pray to the gods, to anyone who might be listening up there. That can save Frank.

"Quit it you short fuck!" They curse. I try one final pray, my hand and head are pounding but even the slightest chance that Frank will live is the only hope I have to grasp onto.

I hear a click and a snap and I freeze. Right there in front of Frank the lead jock is a holding a 45. My stomach dropped my hopes faded, That's when I get my idea, they won't be killing Frank tonight. But, unfortunately I know that they won't be leaving here without killing somebody. That somebody needs to be me. I close my eyes, praying for another way for tonight to end. Nothing... I guess that this is my ultimate trial. I look up at Frank, he was staring back at me, our eyes connecting. Full of love, life, lust, and of all...pain.

He snapped back the handle to make sure it's properly loaded and clicked off the safety. I started in shock as the jock aimed the gun at Frank.

"Any last words faggot?" he asks Frank.

"I love you Gerard," He states, I begin to sob as I realise that this is it.

"No Frankie!" I shouted, any glimmer of hope I had now gone...

"How pathetic," the lead jock chuckled and placed his finger on the trigger. I watched his finger pull back the metal, Frank closes his eyes and its almost as the whole world stands still.

"No!" I shout, jumping infront of Frank. My heart was pounding so rapidly that it was the only sound I could hear.

I scream in pain as the bullet enters my body. The pain courses through me, ripping me open, I can't bear it. I roll over, facing Frank who has now dropped to floor aswell and is staring at me wide eyed. He screams, I try to cover my ears. But pain rips through my body when I try to move. I scream in pain once again, Frank stops screaming and rushes to my side.

"I love you so much, Gerard! Please, please, please be okay!!" He states,

"I love you too, Frankie." I choke out, and it's true. I've never meant it more then I did now. I close my eyes as memories form my childhood start appearing before me!

"No! Gerard, you're not leaving me like this, not now not ever!" Frank sobs, placing his lips on mine. My cold, blue lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awh, I'm so sorry guys!! I know that you would all love for Gerard to live but hey ho, life isn't all fairytale endings anyway.

Well, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!! :)

Courtney x