Status: ACTIVE!!!!

Nothing Lasts Forever

Going Camping

"Babe you almost ready?" Alex called through the apartment. I finished putting on my Vans before walking out of the bedroom with my backpack all ready to go. I had been dating Alex for over a year and still haven't met all his friends from work yet. That's why Alex planned this camping trip so we could all get to know each other. Alex and I walked out of the apartment and he locked the door after us. I had never been a huge fan of nature because of all the damn bugs. The one thing I fear more than anything is spiders. Alex took my backpack from me so he could hold my hand. I sighed leaning more into his body. Alex and I met at a club but I didn't like him. I thought he was just some jerk looking to get laid. My friend Steph liked his friend Jake so she ditched me at our table to go dance with him. Alex sat and kept me company. By the end of the night we had exchanged numbers and already planned our first date. Alex and I climbed into his Jeep and set off on our three hour drive to the camping ground. I was excited but nervous to meet all of Alex's friends.

*Three Hours Later*

Alex pulled down another dirt path and we came to a stop in a little clearing of trees. People were already there and had tents set up. Alex turned off the car and got out coming around to open my door. I smiled and leaned up on my tip toes to kiss him.

"There's time for that later." A guy said jokingly from behind Alex. We broke apart to see a taller guy with long blonde hair and pretty blue eyes.

"I'm Paul." the guy says extending his hand towards me.

"Audrey." I say blushing slightly.

"Come on, I'll introduce you to the group." Alex says grabbing my hand. We walk over to a fire pit where some people are sitting around. After introductions Alex and I start taking our stuff out of the Jeep. Paul helps us set up our tent. Paul invites me to play some card games with him and two other guys. I laughed as Paul won yet another game and the guy to my right hit him in his arm for cheating. I glance around and don't see Alex. I glance at my phone and see we've been playing poker for the last two hours.

"Thank you for inviting me to play. I'm going to go find Alex." I say standing up.

"He went to get firewood with Ryan." Paul says standing up also.

"Oh...I'm going to go get my book to read then." I say before turning and walking off.

As I walk closer to our tent I can hear soft moans coming from it. Then I hear Alex groaning. My heart sinks. Is he...cheating on me? I unzip our tent to see Alex in the middle of banging some chick. They both turn their heads in my direction. Alex's eyes become huge when he sees me.

"Audrey..." Alex starts to say but I turn and run.

I dart into the trees not caring if I get lost. I wanted to put as much distance between myself and Alex as possible. I run for a good half an hour before tripping over the root of a tree and falling. I feel the tears behind my eyes and start balling. I hug my knees to my chest and cry. After awhile the tears finally stopped, but I stayed where I was not feeling like moving.

"Audrey?" a voice calls in the distance. The voice makes me stand up quickly. I hear them call my name again and start running. I wasn't ready to face anyone yet. It isn't long before I stumble into a gorgeous meadow. Since it's the beginning of June the flowers are in full bloom. A stick breaking behind me causes me to turn just in time to see Paul walking through the trees.

"Go away!" I call walking in the other direction.

"Audrey stop!" Paul yells catching up to me and grabbing my arm. I yank my arm from his grip.

"I said go away." I snarl turning around to glare at Paul.

"It isn't safe out here! We need to get back to camp." Paul says stern.

"I'll take my chances." I say turning back around. Paul grabs my arm tightly and spins me back around.

"We are going back to camp!" he snarls.

"Let go of me!" I shout pushing at his hand. Suddenly Paul goes completely still.

"Lets go!" he says and starts pulling me.

"No! Get your fucking hands off me!" I yell fighting him every step. At the other end of the meadow several branches break as two giant wolves break through the trees.

"Shit!" Paul snarls. I'm still struggling to get out of his grip when I feel something sharp against my arm. I glance down and see that Paul's nails are suddenly two inches long and really sharp.

"This is all your fault!" Paul snarls. I look up and Paul's teeth have also become sharper. Before I can scream Paul flings me to his right side. My head connects with a rock and makes my vision go blurry. I am vaguely aware that my arm is burning but the pain in my head causes me to black out.

I wake up to a cold sensation on my forehead. I groan trying to move my head from the feeling. I open my eyes but my vision is still blurry. I feel a pair of arms under my body as they pick me up. I want to protest but I close my eyes falling back into the darkness. I slip in and out of consciousness as I'm getting carried through the woods. I open my eyes and blink them several times before noticing that I am being carried by a very tall shirtless guy that I have never seen before.

"She's waking up." the man says looking to his left. I glance over to see a shorter guy with red hair also shirtless.

"Good because we're back." the man with red hair says. I close my eyes when he walks through an opening in the trees because the sun is so bright. The man walks up a flight of stairs before I open my eyes again. We walk through a door and into a beautiful house. The man carries me through a couple hallways before going into a large room. The room is set up like an emergency room. He sets me on the table in the middle of the room.

"Where am I?" I ask bringing my hand to my head. I can feel something wet and when I retract my hand I see blood on my fingers.

"You're safe." The man answers.

"What the hell happened? Where's Paul? What happened to the wolves?" I ask looking between the two men. The taller one is about to answer when another guy with ear length dirty blonde hair walks into the room.

"My name is Giani. I will be taking care of you today." he says walking over and placing a black leather bag down on a counter.

"Are you a doctor?" I ask looking at him in unbelief.

"Yes. What's your name?" he asks walking over to me after putting on a pair of gloves.

"Audrey." I say still looking at him skeptical.

"What happened?" Giani asks looking at the taller man.

"She hit her head. It probably needs stitches." he answers.

"I hurt my arm too." I say unzipping my jacket and taking it off. I wince in pain from the fabric being pulled from my wound. I look down to see four very deep scratch marks on my upper arm. I hear someone take in a sudden breath.

"This will definitely need stitches." Giani says taking a closer look at my arm.

"Call Carlo and Teo I will need some help." Giani says still looking at the taller one.

"I'm going to start an IV to get some fluids in you and start some antibiotics." Giani informs me. He gets all the things he needs and sets them next to me on the bed. He begins by wrapping a blue tourniquet around the top of my left arm since my right arm is injured. He feels my arm for a good vein before wiping the area with an alcohol patch to clean it. Then he inserts the IV in my arm. Giani quickly hooked up the bag of antibiotics to my IV. After the bag of antibiotics were done two more men walked into the room. One was taller with long red hair wearing a stripped tank top and jeans. I could see a tattoo on his chest under his shirt. The second person was shorter than the first with dark brown chin length hair. He was wearing a deep v-neck black shirt and blue jeans.

"You don't look like doctors...or nurses." I stated.

"We're not. Giani is the only one with real credentials." the shorter cute one answered.

"Ok where am I? Who are you people? How did I get hear? Someone better start talking or I'm walking out of here." I said my hand inching towards my IV.

"My name is Beau you're in my house. This is my friend Eric, he helped me save you." Beau said pointing to the shirtless red head next to him. For a ginger he was pretty cute.

"What happened? I remember..." I trailed off before finishing my sentence. What did I remember? I remember Paul finding me and trying to make me go back to camp with him. Then the wolves in the meadow. I remember feeling a pain in my arm and seeing Paul's fingernails start to grow, and his teeth did too. That isn't possible though!

"What do you remember?" Beau inquired walking closer to the table I was laying on.

"I am going to administer some pain medication to you. This should help with your head and your arm." Giani said connecting a syringe to my IV and pushing in the fluid and then flushing my IV with saline.

"Um...I was on a camping trip with...well now my ex. I caught him cheating on me with another girl. I was so upset that I ran into the forest to get away from everyone. I guess I had some delusion that I would walk home. I guess Paul followed me after I ran off because he caught up to me really quickly. We were fighting because he wanted to bring me back to the camp but I didn't want to go. He was giving me the stupid 'it's dangerous out here speech' and then these two huge..." I trailed off feeling the pain medication kick in.

"You were saying?" Eric asked coming to stand next to Beau.

"It sounds crazy but, these two huge wolves walked into the meadow Paul and I were standing in. I mean these things were huge. What happened next is um...hard to explain. It sounds crazy." I said looking away from Beau and over to Giani.

"I'm numbing your arm so I can start stitching you up. Teo will be attending to your head wound." Giani said picking up a syringe and sticking it in my arm. I winced slightly. The guy with dark hair walked around until he was standing next to Beau and started cleaning my head wound. So his name is Teo! What a weird name. I thought as I got lost in his eyes.

"I bet your story isn't that crazy." Teo said smiling down at me. I blushed deeply.

"Well...don't be so sure until you hear it. So Paul and I were fighting and he had grabbed my arm. After the wolves showed up Paul got really angry with me. That's when I felt something painful on my arm. It was Paul's fingernails...they had grown like three inches into claws. That's not the craziest part. When I looked at his face his teeth had started growing into fangs!" I stated glancing between Beau and Teo.

"Can you feel this?" Giani asked gaining my attention.

"Nope." I replied. Since I had no feeling in my upper arm Giani started stitching up my scratches.

"You're story isn't that crazy actually." Beau said casually.

"How is that not crazy? If someone had told me that story I would think the person was hallucinating. How are you so comfortable with this?" I asked looking past Teo at Beau.

"Those two wolves. That was myself and Eric." Beau stated simply.

"What?" I asked going instantly still.

"What do you know about werewolves?" Teo asked me looking completely serious.

"Uh...just what you read in books or see in movies. The whole getting killed with silver, changing every full moon, and generally a danger to society." I said not really seeing the relationship between the question Teo asked and what Beau and I were talking about.

"All myths. We can phase whenever we feel like it." Carlo said making me turn my head quickly in his direction.

"Wait we? Are you saying...you are...werewolves?" I asked looking around the room. I got a head nod from everywhere. I tried to wrap my head around this information. Teo taped a piece of a gauze pad to my head and then walked away to throw away the trash. Thinking about what Carlo said only made my head hurt.

"That's enough share and tell. Audrey needs some rest. Carlo please give her more pain medication." Giani said continuing to stitch my arm. Carlo walked around the table and repeated what Giani had done before and flushing my IV with more saline. As the pain medication kicked in I leaned my head against the bed and slipped into a comfortable sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Audrey's Outfit

What do you think?!
Comment, Subscribe, Recommend!!!!!

XOXO