Status: ACTIVE!!!!

Nothing Lasts Forever

A New Beginning

Giani walked into my room with Carlo following him. They were talking to each other and it sounded like they were making plans.

"What's going on?" I asked slightly sitting up.

"Tonight is a full moon. You will be alone just after midnight because we all phase on a full moon. I'm trying to make the phase for Teo as comfortable as possible since he isn't healed fully." Giani explained while checking my vital signs.

"Uh...good luck? What do I say?" I asked laughing slightly.

"Good luck works." Carlo responded with a smile. After Giani was done checking on me he walked out of the room taking Carlo with him.

The whole day Giani was busy getting stuff ready which left me alone. I slept most of the time thanks to the pain medication. Luca walked into my room with a slight smile.

"I know we haven't gotten to know each other much. I wanted to come keep you company since everyone else is busy." he said in his accent.

"Thanks, I have been kind of bored." I admitted.

"Do you want to play video games?" he asked getting excited.

"Oh my god yes!" I said scooting up in my bed. Luca left to go get the video games and Xbox from the living room. He came back in and hooked everything up to the tv in the corner of the room.

"Ok, Halo 2 or Black Ops 2?" Luca asked with a smile.

"Halo 2 it's my favorite!" I beamed. Luca put in the game and then handed me my controller.

"I'll go easy on you." Luca said with a smirk.

"Pshh have fun trying to keep up with me." I responded. Four games later I had won three and Luca won one. We were in the last minutes of our game when Giani said it was time to go.

"Awwww I'm about to finish kicking Luca's ass!" I whined when Giani made us pause the game.

"You're winning? At Halo? Wow, none of us have been able to beat Luca." Giani said with a smile.

"We will finish our game tomorrow." Luca said smiling and standing up.

I sighed when I heard the front door close behind everyone. The house was way too quiet without all the boys. I grabbed my bottle of Vicodin that was next to me and took a pill with some water. I turned off the TV and settled in to go to bed.

I woke with a start to a sharp pain that started in the middle of my body and radiated outwards. I gasped rolling to the side and falling off the bed. My whole body felt like it was trying to explode.

"Giani!" I cried as my spine cracked, changing into something else. Every bone in my body started to break. My body was literally trying to explode. I was screaming and crying. I stood up and hobbled to the door. The pressure on my leg ripped open my stitches causing blood to start pouring down my leg. I fell into the door frame and fell to the floor writhing in agony. I started to crawl towards the front door leaving a trail of blood behind me. I stopped next to the couch to catch my breath when unexpectedly I exploded into a wolf. My sudden transformation into a wolf caused the couch and coffee table to be pushed back three feet. Pieces of my clothing were still falling through the air. I turned disoriented only to knock over an armchair. I glanced in front of me and saw the front door-freedom.
I rushed forward forgetting I was a wolf, and bulldozed through the front door. The door broke off the hinges and crashed onto the front porch with an echoing thud.

My head still felt fuzzy from the pain medication that was still in my system. I walked almost in a daze down the porch steps. I shook my head to clear it but it only made me dizzy. I sat down and started thinking about what just happened. Giani had explained that the only way a person could become a werewolf was to be bitten. I had only been scratched. Unless....Giani had mentioned something about purebreeds, but what the hell was it? Purebreeds are the result of two werewolves having a kid. But my parents are normal! My mom is a preschool teacher and my dad is a lawyer. I think I would have noticed them change into giant wolves every full moon! The next thought that popped into my head made me suck in a deep breath. It wouldn't make sense unless I was adopted. If I was adopted and didn't know about it, then there was a real possibility that my 'real' parents were wolves.

I began taking deep breaths to keep from crying. A weird noise made me stop and listen. I realized that low whines were coming from my mouth. In the middle of my meltdown I heard something big crashing through the woods. I could smell that it was another wolf, and male. I was also sensing that whoever was about to come through the trees was not a friend. Three huge wolves burst through the trees with their hackles up growling.

I yelped and fell backwards trying to get away. The wolf closest to me snapped in my direction. I stood and ran into the woods. My surroundings started to blur past me the faster I ran. My hands that were now huge paws with sharp claws tore up the forest floor with every advance I made. The snarling and crashing behind me started sounding closer and closer, and my leg was killing me! I broke through a low part in some trees and crashed into another wolf. While we were tumbling I realized it was Carlo who I had just smashed into. He snarled and rolled me over hard so he was looming over me.

"CARLO!" I screamed, but it only came out in a frightened bark.

I heard another bark and tossed my head back to see four more wolves suddenly very intent on me. I tried talking again but it kept coming out as barking or whining. The other wolves were barking back and forth at each other, which meant they were communicating. So why couldn't anyone understand me? I wiggled my out from under Carlo just in time for one of the three wolves that had chased me to tackle me. The wolf has a white face outlined with black, and a bit of black on his nose. The rest of his body is a mixture of black and white fur. I hit the dirt hard and caused the dirt to puff up around us. I looked up into the other wolf's eyes trying to plead with him. He bent his head and bit the scruff of my neck. I yelped in pain and shock. I struggled to get free which only caused him to bite down harder. I cried out looking to my right and locked eyes with a pair of light blue eyes which I knew could only be Luca's. Luca was mostly black but he had white fur mixed with the back along his spine. I whined from the pain again.

"Luca! Please!" I cried, but again it was nothing more than a bark.

Without warning Luca bounded over and knocked the other black and white wolf off of me. The black and white wolf snarled at Luca looking ready to pounce. I whined getting up and limping over to Luca. I snuggled my face into his chest breathing heavy from the pain in my body. Luca rubbed his face into the top of my head. I glanced up to look at Luca when I noticed another wolf approaching us who was a mixture of black, white, gray, and brown. The wolf had very inviting warm brown eyes. The wolf stopped in front of me and gently touched his nose with mine.

"Bree can you understand me?" I heard Giani say. I glanced around confused; it was as if the voice was in my head.

"Bree I'm the wolf standing in front of you." the same voice said. My head snapped forward and this time when I looked into those warm brown eyes I knew it was Giani.

"Giani? What the hell is going on?" I ask looking around again.

"I'm not sure. You are very lucky Luca recognized you otherwise Ben would have tore your throat out." Giani said motioning his head back to the black and white wolf.

"I knew it was you because of the pain in your eyes. I've seen that back at the house." Luca stated from beside me.

"Thank you! I was so terrified no one could understand me. Hey! Wait, how come you two can understand me now?" I asked looking back to Giani.

"When you are part of a pack if the leader touches noses with you it connects your mind to the rest of the pack. In other words we can hear each other through our thoughts while in wolf form." Giani explained. A slight groan made me whip my head behind me. A black wolf with white fur mixed throughout his body way laying on the ground panting.

"Teo?! Oh my god!" I trotted over to him and bent down next to him.

"Hey Bree! Looks like I have a new running partner!" Teo slightly smiled up at me.

"Don't even think about it!" Giani said sounding very authoritative and walking over to us. I glanced down at Teo and saw that his collarbone and shoulder were still broken. Seeing Teo's injuries made me remember mine...just one problem mine didn't hurt anymore. I took a deep breath and no sharp pain came from my ribs. I looked back to my leg which was stained bright red against my pure white fur, but it didn't hurt at all.

"Uh...Giani...I know this is going to sound weird, but I think I'm completely healed." I say glancing at him.

"Stand up let me have a look." he commands. I do so immediately.

"Your fur is stained with blood, so your stitches probably broke open while fazing. But I can't seem to feel an open wound...or a scar for that matter. Take a deep breath for me?" he asks while prodding my leg and then my ribs. I take a huge breath in and hold if for a few seconds before letting it out.

"Interesting..." Giani says trailing off.

"What does that mean?" I ask looking half scared at Giani.

"I'm not sure...we should do tests when we are back in human form and at the house." Giani decides.

"Oh yeah...about the house...I sort of broke the living room...oh and the front door." I say looking sheepish now. Luca and the others laugh at my comment.

"I figured as much. The change from human to wolf form is a bit explosive...which is why we try to do it outside." Giani says laughing slightly. Barking makes us turn our heads back to the opening of the clearing where I tore through the trees. The three wolves that chased me have now been joined by two more wolves.
♠ ♠ ♠
I AM SO SORRY!!!!!! Life got crazy for a little bit, but I'm back to writing so expect updates more often now! <3

Ben's Wolf Form

Luca's Wolf Form

Giani's Wolf Form