Status: Three Updates Today (26-28) FINISHED!

Symphonies of the Damned

Just A Lock To Bleed

“What the fuck just happened.”
Keeping silent, I watched as the door swung shut behind Andy’s retreating figure.
He was completely pissed, muttering profanities under his breath.
His knuckles had turned white as he clenched the neck of the bottle, intent on drinking every last drop.
“Andy!” I called out once more, hoping he’d return.
Nothing.
He walked off without a second glance; hell, he didn’t even mutter a fucking goodbye to me.
“I don’t even know who I’m pissed at.” I admitted, still glaring intently at the metal door.
“What do you mean?” Ronnie asked, looking hesitant.
He didn’t even want to ask the question, taking in the anger that had formed on my face.
“Should I be pissed off at Andy for walking off without batting an eyelash, or should I be pissed at Jake?” I clarified.
“Jake.” Jinxx spoke up. “Definitely be pissed at Jake.”
“I am.”
“I think we all are.” Ronnie muttered, glancing towards the closed door that was hiding Jake’s closed-minded self.
Gripping the edge of the table, I debated if I should march into the backroom and yell at the cunt.
“Don’t Ash.” Jinxx warned me, placing a hand on my shoulder. “You’ll only make things worse if you speak out of anger.”
“How much worse could I even make things?” I muttered.
“Ashley…”
“I know, I know!” I sighed, putting up my hands in defeat. “I won’t say anything until we’ve all calmed down.”
“Thanks.” Jinxx smiled, gratefully.
“So, who likes my kitten?” CC spoke up, in an attempt to distract from the tense atmosphere.
He was holding Eloise in his arms, cradling her like a child.
“I think she’s perfect.” I smiled, reaching for the tiny stripped cat. “I want to pet her.”
“She’s purrfect.” Ronnie grinned.
“You’re such a dork.” CC laughed, slapping him playfully across the chest before smirking. “I thought you didn’t like her.”
Ronnie shrugged, petting the kitty’s chin. “What can I say? She grew on me, with those giant eyes.”
Shaking my head at them, I pulled out my phone.
Scrolling through my contacts, I clicked on Andy’s name and waited as it began to ring.
Voicemail.
Rolling my eyes, I pocketed my phone and went back to staring at the ogling couple in front of me.
They were so in love with that damn kitten.
“Someone better tell Charlie he’s been replaced.” I piped up, watching their movements.
“No!” CC yelled, horrified. “He might come and just eat her!”
“Charlie wouldn’t do that!” Ronnie defended.
“Yes, he would!”
“No, he wouldn…okay, yeah. He would.” Ronnie mumbled, shaking his head in defeat.
“Should we look for Andy…?” I asked, looking towards the door.
“Not yet.” Jinxx decided. “He obviously needs some time to cool off, he’ll come around soon.”
“I guess.”
It was just slightly upsetting; Andy rarely stalked off with a bottle of alcohol in his hands.
The man loved his whiskey, but still…
He preferred to talk things out and come across a solution right away, instead of wallowing.
He was capable of drinking a lot, and when he was drunk…he did some pretty stupid shit.
“I’m going out.” I muttered, getting up.
“Where are you going?”
“I’m just going to walk around, maybe hang out with someone or something.” I shrugged.
“Okay.”
Part of me was hoping I’d find Andy.
Maybe he was leaning against the side of the bus with a cigarette and an untouched bottle.
Stepping into the chilly air, I wrapped my arms around my torso as I glanced around.
There wasn’t a sign of Andy.
I couldn’t stand still, I needed to look for him.
Pulling out a box of Marlboro’s and a lighter, I ignited the rolled piece of paper and watched the smoke dance away.
Taking in a drag, I let the warm poison fill my lungs before releasing the silvered strings into the air.
Heading in the direction of the venue, I let the silence surround me and just enjoyed the cancer stick.
If I was lucky, I’d run into Andy.
Otherwise, I wasn’t going to spend time worrying about where he had gone.
Jinxx was right.
He just wanted time to think and be alone; he’d come back on his own accord when he was ready.
By the time I reached the end of the parking lot, I had finished the entire cigarette.
It had been a relaxing tactic, keeping my thoughts at bay.
Pulling out another one, I was fumbling for my lighter when a small flame was lit in front of me.
“An eye for an eye?” the voice asked.
Nodding, I took out another cigarette and handed it off to Chris Motionless.
He lit them both.
“Thanks Purdy.” Chris nodded, leaning against a wall.
“How’s it going?”
“Shit’s been better.” I shrugged, exhaling another bout of smoke.
“What’s the matter?” he asked, thin trails of gray escaping his lips with each syllable.
“Jake’s being a cunt, and Andy ran off.”
“Why’s that?”
He seemed sympathetic, waiting for my reply with interest.
“Andy and I are dating.” I started, watching him for his reaction of the fact.
He broke out into a grin.
“I know, and it’s fucking cute.” Chris grinned.
“You know?”
“Ash, it’s pretty damn obvious. Besides, I saw you guys making out in Seattle.”
“Oh.”
“Anyway, continue.” Chris demanded. “How is Jake a cunt?”
“He doesn’t want us to date, and he was pretty fucking rude about it. He’s convinced we’re going to lose fans.”
“Because you’re gay?” Chris raised an eyebrow.
“Yeah.”
“That’s fifty shades of fucked up.”
I laughed, watching the golden embers fall off the cigar and turn to white as they caught wind.
“Pretty much.”
“Anyway, is that why Andy ran off?”
“Jake was being such an ass. He outright insulted us, and implied we didn’t deserve happiness, so Andy stalked off the bus.”
“There’s something you’re not telling me.” Chris hinted.
“He ran off with a bottle of whiskey, and I’m worried. He doesn’t drink when he’s angry, but when he’s drunk…”
“He’s a fucking idiot.” Chris nodded, remembering something.
“Basically.”
“Have you tried calling him?”
“Not recently.”
Chris gave me a look that meant he wanted me to call again. Pulling out my phone, I clicked his name.
It was on speaker, and we both heard it start ringing…and go to voicemail.
“Well, there’s that.” I muttered.
“I’m sorry.”
I didn’t reply, instead focusing on the cigarette as I dropped it. Putting it out with the heel of my boot, I sighed.
“Chris!” a voice called out.
A tall man with messy black hair walked up, his lip piercings glinting in the vague light.
“Hey!” Chris smiled, blushing slightly as Ricky stepped forward.
He put his arm around Chris in a friendly gesture, nodding his head in greeting towards me.
“I was wondering, do you want to grab dinner before the show?”
“I’d love to…” Chris trailed off, glancing at me.
“Go ahead.” I urged, giving him a smirk. “There’s just something I have to ask you first.”
“Okay, I’ll go grab a jacket!” Ricky announced, running back towards their tour bus.
“What?” Chris asked, looking at the ground.
He was still blushing lightly.
“You like him.” I pointed out, stating the facts.
“Yeah, so?” Chris muttered, still looking down. “It’s not like anything could ever happen.”
“Uh-huh…” I laughed, bemused by his obliviousness. “He fucking likes you Chris. He just asked you out, dumbass.”
“No, he…” Chris stopped, realizing I was right.
“Yeah.” I grinned. “Have fun, and remember to wear protection if you guys have sex.”
“Ashley!”
“Bye!” I called out, backtracking.
“See you later, asshole.” Chris laughed. “If I see Jake, he’s fucking dead by the way!”
I don’t doubt it one bit.
That sort of shit doesn’t stir well with Chris Motionless.
Heading back towards my bus, I stopped at the doorway and thought about what could happen.
If Jake was still locked in the back, I would grab my laptop and watch a movie or something.
If Andy wasn’t back before the show, then I would go looking for his scrawny ass.
If Jake was in the front… I would walk off before I punched him and then look for Andy.
Opening the door, I let out a sigh of relief as I realized he wasn’t anywhere in sight.
Jinxx and Ronnie were gone too.
Kayla was here, cuddled up against CC and playing with Eloise.
“Hey Love Birds.” I called out, stepping on.
“Ashley!”
Offering Kayla a hug, I petted Eloise briefly before grabbing my laptop and headphones.
Secluding myself inside the cramped bunk, I flicked through Netflix for something to watch.
American Horror Story.
Half an episode later, I turned off the computer as I realized it was time to get ready for the concert.
Dragging myself into the bathroom, I turned on the flat iron and went to search through my suitcase.
Most of my clothing was dirty, so I had to pull on last night’s skinny jeans and borrow a shirt from Andy.
It was a little tight, but it showed off my muscles with every movement.
That’s always a plus.
After my hair was straightened and teased, I walked towards the front of the bus where Jinxx and CC were.
Jake still hadn’t come out from hiding.
“Is Andy back?” I asked, grabbing my cowboy hat from its box.
“No…” Jinxx frowned, pulling out his phone.
He called Andy’s phone, letting out a sigh of frustration as reached his voicemail as well.
“Andy!” he yelled, biting his lip. “If you don’t get your ass over here now, you’re in fucking trouble. We have to leave for the venue!”
Hanging up, he glared at the door.
“Jake! You better be fucking ready, and if you’re not you better be by the time we get back with Andy!”
Taking my hand and CC’s, he dragged me off the bus and towards the main drag of the city.
It was a fairly large place, but it was well lit.
“You take this block.” Jinxx decided. “CC, go check the other band’s buses, and I’ll check the damn venue.”
He was getting pissed. Understandable, since the show started in less than twenty minutes.
“Call if you find him.”
We set off, going our separate ways.
“Andy!” I called out. “Andy!”
There were a couple people who glanced at me oddly, but anyone else was too drunk to understand.
I had reached the end of the block, but no Andy.
I was about to turn back, when a flashing sign caught my attention.
It was a bar.
Walking in, I started looking around the dim place.
It smelled disgusting, but there was alcohol nonetheless. When Andy wanted to drink, he didn’t care about sanity.
There were drunken bodies making out, but I couldn’t identify anyone as Andy here.
“Do you want a drink?” a bartender asked.
“Uh, just a soda.” I shrugged.
“Not here for a drink, huh?” he asked, pouring me a glass of Pepsi.
“I’m looking for someone actually.”
“Aren’t we all?” he laughed.
“No, I’m looking for my boyfriend. Has he come in here? He’s really fucking tall, thin, and pale. He’s got long black hair and bright blue eyes…”
“Ripped skinnies and a leather jacket?”
“Yes!” I shouted, excited.
“He came by an hour ago.” The bartender shrugged, placing the cup in front of me.
Downing it, I thanked him and handed off a five before running out.
If he was drunk, he couldn’t have gotten very far.
I decided to call him again.
This time, he actually picked up the phone.
“Andy!” I yelled, half frustrated and half relieved. The show started in two fucking minutes!
There wasn’t a reply, instead a scuffled sound.
“Andy?” I questioned.
I could hear frantic breathing, the sound becoming faster and panicked.
“Andy?”
“I’m going to show you what I can do…” an unrecognizable voice spoke up angrily. “Then…I’m going to kill you.”
“Andy!” I shouted, nearly dropping the phone.
Before I could really process what was happening, my legs were carrying me somewhere.
I’m not sure where, since I didn’t know where he was.
I didn’t hang up, listening in case something really did happen to my perfect boyfriend.
Slowing down, I looked into every corner.
Nothing.
There was an incoming call, cutting off the distressed sounds from Andy.
Jinxx.
“Hello?” I answered, breathlessly.
“Have you fucking found him?” Jinxx demanded, completely pissed off. The show started a while ago.
Thank fuck Motionless in White played before us.
“Yeah! Sort of. I mean, I don’t know where the fuck he is, but he’s in trouble!” I stuttered.
Hanging up, I prayed I hadn’t lost the call with Andy.
Silence.
Fuck!
Picking up the pace, I kept walking and searching.
I was passing a seemingly empty alley when I heard that strikingly familiar voice yell out.
“You’re fucking done for!”
Andy!
Creeping into the darkness, I watched as a black man had his foot over a shaking lump.
He was shooting daggers as he leaned in, holding a blade against the other man’s neck.
That’s when I realized it was Andy.
“Get the fuck off him!” I yelled, before really thinking about what I had done and walked into.
Startled, the man straightened up and glared at me.
Taking out my phone, I started punching in numbers behind my back.
9-1-1.
Pressing speaker, I turned up the volume and watched them with pure anger radiating from my eyes.
“Hello, 911. What’s your emergent?” a tinny voice spoke out.
The other guys’ eyes widened in fear and they took off, leaving this one alone as he pinned Andy.
“Get the fuck off him!” I yelled, stepping closer.
Without a word, the man took a blade and stuck it deep in Andy’s torso before running off.
Gasping, Andy clutched at his torso.
“Andy!” I shouted, running towards his side.
“Hello, sir?” the operator questioned.
“Oh, yeah! We need an ambulance!” I informed, slightly hysterical as I recalled and street name and hung up.
“Andy, are you okay?!” I shrieked, lifting his shirt a little.
Blood was seeping through the fabric, pooling at the sides of his limp body as he took ragged breaths.
With each heave, his ribcage rose and fell back against the ground.
It was jostling the knife, ripping against his skin just a little bit more and allowing more blood to flow.
“Andy, calm down…” I suggested, putting a hand above his chest. “You’re going to make it worse.”
He didn’t listen, his breathing rate increasing.
“Andy, deep breaths.” I whispered, breathing deeply so he could follow suit and not tear something.
“Ashley…” he choked out, his hand gripping mine. “It hurts.”
“No shit, you just got stabbed.” I shook my head in bewilderment. I should really call Jinxx.
“Head to the hospital.” I texted, sending a mass message to Jinxx, CC, Ronnie, Jon, and even Jake.
“What happened?!” came the instant reply from Jinxx.
I didn’t text back; I’d return the message once Andy was safe in the hands of the paramedic.
It wasn’t until then, that I realized Andy had calmed down.
His breathing was slowing down.
“Andy…” I began. “Andy, can you hear me?”
“Y-yeah…”
His eyes were fluttering a little, but he was fighting to keep them open.
I wasn’t about to lose him.
“Andy, come on, speak to me.” I urged. “What happened?”
“I was drunk…” came his soft reply. “I ran into them and said some stupid shit…they didn’t like it.”
“Of course.” I muttered, letting out a sigh of relief as the flashing red lights approached and the sirens sounded.
My hands were tinged in blood, which I hastily wiped off on my jeans.
Whatever.
They were black anyway.
“Over here!” I yelled, keeping my hand against Andy’s chest.
I wanted to make sure his breathing didn’t spike up again.
Two paramedics approached us, carrying a starched white stretcher in their hands.
Another was following, holding a large duffel bag with a First Aid cross printed on the side.
“You’re going to be okay.” I promised, stepping aside.
They lifted him up, taking him into the back of the ambulance and let me in before they closed the doors.
They were working over him, carefully pulling out the knife.
His held in gasp made my chest hurt.
My poor baby.
He was going to be okay though. He was safe.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Built For Blame; Get Scared

I'm liking this chapter :)
Sorry for stabbing Andy guys.