Status: Three Updates Today (26-28) FINISHED!

Symphonies of the Damned

It's Beating For You Anyway

"For the love of Fuck!" I yelled.
There were red and blue flashing lights reflecting off my rearview mirror, and I was forced into a stop.
Rolling down my window, I rummaged through the front compartment for the insurance papers.
"You know you were doing sixty in a forty speed limit?" the man asked, his lips curled into a frown.
"Yeah, sorry." I mumbled, handing him the registration papers and my drivers license.
"What's the hurry?" he asked, shining a flashlight over the stack of paperwork I had handed him.
"I need to get to the hospital." I let out a frustrated sigh, tapping my fingers against the steering wheel.
It was nearing one in the morning; there were barely any cars. It wasn't like I was going to hurt anyone.
"Why's that?"
"What is this, twenty questions?!" I groaned. "I don't have a fucking clue, alright?!"
"Sir, I'm going to need you to step out of the vehicle."
"For God's sake." I obliged. "Look, my best friend called me. Either he's hurt, or my fiancee is about to go into labor!"
It seemed more likely I'd be let go if I mentioned it was my baby, or something.
"You have a baby on the way?"
"Yes!"
"Alright, I'll let you off his time. Come on, just follow me."
He gave me back my license before turning back to the parked police car. He drove in front of me and guided.
At least I was able to bypass all the stoplights, for fuck's sake.
While we were driving, I pulled out my cellphone and pressed Andy's speeddial.
"Ashley?"
"Yeah, hey!" I greeted. "So, I got pulled over for parking and I cussed him out for wasting my time."
"Ashley!"
"Anyway, I lied and said it was my baby, so if he follows me inside to make sure, could you go along with it?" I pleaded.
This wasn't the time to get arrested; I'm surprised he didn't smell the alcohol on me.
"Yeah, sure babe." Andy laughed, hanging up.
When we reached the hospital, I parked near the entrance and headed towards the door.
Sure enough, the police man crept out of the car and followed too.
Inside, I wasn't sure what to do.
"Ashley!"
Andy was walking towards me, a giant smile plastered on his face. He waved me forward, catching sight of the officer.
Following him, he led me down a maze of hallways before we reached a private room in the pregnancy ward.
As we entered the double doors, I looked back to see the officer walking away; satisfied.
"That was close." I let out a sigh of relief.
"For the love of God, what were you thinking?" Andy smacked my shoulder. "You could have been arrested!"
"I wasn't thinking!" I admitted. "But, you didn't tell me anything! I was afraid you were hurt."
"Oh, sorry."
He kept walking past the door, nearing the end of the hallway.
"Wait right here." Andy mumbled, putting a hand on my chest to stop me.
He walked through a doorway.
"Alright..." I sighed, leaning against the wall for a good minute. Before long ,Andy was back.
He was carrying a small bundle, wrapped in a pink and white blanket.
Her skin was pale as fuck, and she had the darkest and longest eyelashes I had seen on a baby.
The pink hat was covering half of her face, but her tiny hands kept attempting to push it off.
There was a hospital bracelet on her wrist, but I couldn't read it.
"Ashley." Andy started, with the biggest smile on his face. I had never seen him happier before. "I want you to meet my - our - daughter, Annabella."
"Oh..."
As Andy spoke her name, Anna's eyes opened to reveal these bright blue eyes that just rejoiced with new life.
"She's beautiful." I breathed, motioning if I could hold her.
He placed her in my arms, the light bundle barely weighing anything as I held her.
"Annabella..." I repeated, smiling."
"It means 'easy to love'." Andy explained. "And if anything, this angel is going to be easy to love."
"It's perfect." I offered, kissing her forehead.
"I'm sorry for missing my own birthday date." Andy apologized awkwardly. "I'm sure you understand..."
"Don't worry about it." I assured. "This was definitely worth missing out on our weekend trip."
"Yeah..."
We both stood there, staring at the baby with gentle smiles and love-filled eyes, not speaking.
"You know what would make this moment perfect?" Andy asked.
"What?"
He didn't answer, instead leaning forward and pressing his lips against mine. He let his tongue flick my lower lip as we lost ourselves in a lovely, passionate kiss for the moment.
It didn't get heated, but the emotion kept running.
For once, everything was perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Caraphernelia; Pierce The Veil

Oh, look. Another update.

There's one more chapter left, guys! Then it's onto Senseless.
I might start it today, I might not.