Status: Three Updates Today (26-28) FINISHED!

Symphonies of the Damned

My Darkest Desire

It was in the early hours of the morning when the plane hit the Los Angeles runway, after a long flight from New York.
“Andy, wake up.” I nudged him.
He stirred for a minute, before turning in the uncomfortable seat and mumbling a quiet no.
“Come on, we’re here.” I prodded, shaking him.
“Fine.” He sighed, rubbing his eyes and stretching lightly before pulling himself up and facing me.
“Will you carry me?” he asked, yawning adorably with bright eyes.
“I don’t think so Doll.” I laughed, guiding him off the plane and towards the luggage carousel.
The next hour became hectic as we assured every piece of luggage had been accounted for and loaded onto the bus.
Wrapping an arm around Andy’s half-asleep body, we trudged towards the steps of the awaiting tour bus.
He was so out of it; he didn’t even make a cocky remark towards our airbrushed faces on the side of the vehicle.
“You can sleep now.” I whispered, pressing my lips against his forehead as he climbed into his empty bunk.
It would be another hour before he was home.
By the time we had helped Jake, Jinxx, and CC unload their suitcases at their homes, it was nearing seven.
The Californian sunshine was peaking behind stretched, silvery clouds when the bus pulled in front of my place.
I was gathering my things, when his curtains were pulled back and Andy appeared, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.
“Morning Ashy.” He murmured softly, smiling.
“Good morning.” I returned the smile, before turning and double checking nothing of mine was left on the bus.
“Where are you going?” he asked, confused.
“Home.” I laughed. “We’ve already dropped everyone off. After I get off, Jon is driving you home and we’re meeting tomorrow for dinner.”
“Wait, I’m going to be left alone?” he pouted, getting out of bed.
“Yeah.”
“Can I stay with you Ashy? I don’t want to be with Juliet yet.”
After a moment of debating, I agreed. “Grab your things then, but we’re going back to sleep.”
“Okay.”
Unlocking the front door, I dropped my suitcases in the front walkway and continued to my bedroom.
“I’m going back to sleep.” I announced, after checking that Andy locked the door behind him.
“Can I take a shower?” he asked, running a hand through his hair.
“Sure.”
He didn’t need direction; he just nodded and headed towards the downstairs bathroom where I wouldn’t hear the water running.

“Ashley, wake up!”
It was a five minute nap later that Andy was shaking me awake. His hair was washed, dried, straightened, and styled already.
Damn, the kid was fast.
He had borrowed one of my shirts, paring it with the cleanest pair of skinny jeans from touring.
“What the fuck.” I mumbled, sitting up.
“It’s after noon already, and I’m bored.” He complained, jumping on the edge of the bed.
“Oh.”
I had been asleep for nearly five hours already.
“I wasn’t going to wake you up, but I’m hungry and you don’t have any fucking food Purdy!”
“We were in another country for two months!” I pointed out. “What did you expect that I had someone go grocery shopping for me last night?”
“Yes!”
Throwing my pillow at him, I curled up on my side and tried to go back to sleep. It was better than dealing with his hungry ass.
“Ashley!” Andy yelled, jumping on top of me.
“Get the fuck off me!” I shouted, opening my eyes and I was met with those bright blue eyes that I had fallen in love with.
He smiled slightly, before leaning down and pressing his lips against mine for a fraction of a second.
“I’ve been wanting to do that.” He blushed.
“Yeah.” I breathed, sitting up.
He scrambled off my lap before sending me a mock glare. “In return, I’d like some fucking breakfast!”
“Let’s go to Denny’s.” I suggested.
“Yes!”
“Let me just take a shower.” I laughed, locking myself in the bathroom.
An hour later, I had dried my hair and pulled on a pair of gray sweatpants and a tank top with a change of plans in mind.
“Hey, Andy.” I called out, stepping into the living room.
He was curled up on the couch, watching a missed episode of American Horror Story.
“Yeah?”
“It’s after two already, so why don’t we just order Chinese food and catch up on AHS?”
“I’m good with that.”
We spent the rest of the afternoon watching American Horror Story and stealing bites out of each other’s take-out boxes.
“Wait, what the fuck happened to Grace?!” Andy shouted at the television as the credits rolled on the screen.
“Guess we’ll find out next week.” I sung.
“Wait! That was the last episode?!” he asked, exasperated.
“Yep.”
“Damn it!”
Laughing, I turned the TV off and faced him.
He was scrolling through his phone, worry etching on his face.
“What’s wrong?” I asked.
“Juliet knows we’re back and wants to see me.” He groaned. “Sammi called her, excited that Jinxx is back.”
“What did you tell her?” I wondered.
“That I was tired and crashed at your place.” He shrugged. “It’s the truth anyway. I should get going.”
“Sure thing.” I nodded.
“I’ll see you tomorrow at the band dinner.” He promised. “I’ll text everyone the details when I figure that out.”
“Alright.”
“I guess it’s time to deal with Juliet.” He muttered, sending me a small smile. He kissed my cheek quickly.
“I’ll miss you Ashy, I had fun.”
“Me too.”
He went outside to smoke a cigarette while he waited for Juliet to come by and pick him up.

--
I spent the evening just lounging around.
I cleaned up the house a bit and wrote a couple chords on my bass; thinking of the new album we had in front of us.
My phone was next to me, waiting in anticipation for a text or call from Andy.
Before I knew it, it was late enough to go to bed.
The next morning, I was awakened from an incoming phone call from Andy. It was around eleven in the morning.
“Morning.” I mumbled, a smile tugging at my lips.
“Ashley!”
“What’s up?” I yawned, getting out of bed.
“We’re having dinner at Fraser’s tonight, around six. I have a big announcement, so make sure you’re there!”
That gave me enough time to go grocery shopping this morning, before having to get ready for dinner.

By the time five rolled around, the kitchen was stocked with enough food for the next two weeks off from tour.
- Including Andy’s peanut butter.
I was getting ready for dinner, thinking of what would be fitting of a gourmet Italian restaurant.
Settling on ripped skinny jeans and a button down dress shirt, I grabbed my phone and wallet before leaving.

Everyone minus Andy was gathered around a large table, which I suspected was more than one.
A round of champagne was set up for everyone, with two extra seats.
Sitting down besides Christian, I nodded towards everyone in greeting and took a sip of the crisp wine.
“Have you seen Andy?” Jinxx asked me.
“No, but he seemed excited about something, so I’ll doubt he wouldn’t come tonight.” I laughed.
“True.”
"Andy said he and Juliet would be here soon." Jake announced, looking up from his phone.
Juliet?
After a couple minutes of empty conversations, Andy arrived at the table with Juliet on his arm.
"Hey there!"
He pulled back her chair, allowing her to sit down.
Before anyone could speak, he signaled a waiter over and ordered an iced lemonade for Juliet.
"No alcohol for her, thanks."
While the waiter fetched her drink, there was a round of greetings and smiles from Juliet and Andy.
The conversation slowly slipped towards the new record.
"I have this idea." Andy began, fixing his skinny tie. "I want it to tell a story, like a concept record."
Despite the starched shirt and tie, he was still wearing skinny jeans, and he looked fucking hot.
“I like that idea.” I offered, thinking of an idea.
“I’m seeing something in my head based off our EP, Rebels. I want it to be a story about a group of Rebels who revolt against common society…who attempt to show everyone that we are people too.”
Ideas were tossed around as we ordered dinner.
“Ashley!” Andy whispered quietly.
Looking over he sent me a smile, halfway between a smirk and a shy grin.
Every now and then, we’d catch eyes and offer smiles and glances before continuing the conversation about the record.
Between bites of salad, bread, and steak the conversation dissipated from the record to smaller, side conversations about tour.
Witty little stories, epic stage moments, sweet fan encounters, crazy late nights, and laugh-worthy tales with band mates were shared.
“Just so you guys know,” Andy began “we need to find a new supporting act, because Ronnie kicked I See Stars off the set.”
“Why?”
“Something about them being irresponsible and doing drugs after Ronnie specifically mentioned he didn’t want that on this tour.”
“It’s not his tour.” Jake muttered.
“I didn’t really like them anyway.” Jinxx hesitated. “They were kind of irresponsible.”
“Who are we replacing them with?” I asked.
“I’m thinking Farewell, My Love is a good idea.” Andy suggested. “We’ve already given them a couple shout-outs at past shows, why not?”
“They are on our record label.” Jon pointed out, cutting into his steak.
“I’m down with that, Robbie is pretty cool.” CC agreed.
“It’s decided then!”
Our dishes were cleared, and a dessert menu was brought.
When the orders were placed, Andy stood up and clinked a fork against his wine glass.
"I have an announcement to make!" He started, sending a sly smile in my direction.
Siting up straighter, I listened expectantly.
Had Juliet taken the news so well, they were still friends?
Searching through his jacket pocket, he pushed his chair out of the way and faced Juliet.
There was a tiny dark blue box in his hand.
"Jules, I don't even know how to put my feelings into words. You mean more to me than you could ever imagine. It hasn't been very long, but I'm ready for this. Your little surprise is an amazing thing, and now I've got a surprise of my own."
He smiled, kneeling down in front of her.
Everyone was leaning over their seats in anticipation, but I could literally feel my heart drop.
"Juliet Nicole Simms, will you marry me? I love you, you and our coming child."
There was cheering surrounding me. Not just from the table, but from the other diners, from the staff as well.
I could barely hear it though; it was like a numbing haze had settled over me.
I couldn't hear.
I couldn't think.
I couldn't feel.
All I could see was Andy slipping an engagement band on his fiancée's finger.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Devil's Choir; Black Veil Brides

So...yeah!
Comment please! If I get enough comments, I might update tomorrow!