Status: One shot

You Already Had My Heart

One

I watched his eyes as he looked at me. His eyes were staring at me, only me. I smiled softly at him.
“Mike, go… go visit your team.” I spoke softly.

“No, you’re sad and I need to be here. I want to be with you,” I looked at my feet. He wanted to be with me. He’s told me that a million times today and each time he says it, I’m reminded of the growing possibility that I believe it.

“No, Mike. Don’t.” I murmured as his hand reached for mine. If he grabbed my hand, I’d be done. I would melt into him and it would be bad. I glanced back where the team was. Claude and Jeff were looking at us from the kitchen.

“Jess, just please listen to me.” I shook my head as I kept my head down. “Please,” he begged. I lifted my head and looked at him.

“Ok,” I said softly.

“I know you don’t believe me when I say this but I am completely crazy about you, and I know you’re scared. You’re scared because he was just like the other cocky hockey guys.” I stopped him.

“Stop talking about him like that because you’re exactly the same way!” My voice echoed and all the voices in the kitchen stopped. “You see a different girl every night!”

“There’s a difference between him and I, Jess!” his voice just got as loud as mine.

“What is it?” I asked quieter.

“I don’t cheat when I’m in a relationship and I haven’t fucked a girl since I started to like you!” he screamed. Tears pricked at my eyes. “Jess…” he murmured as I started walking towards the kitchen.

As I walked past the guys, one arm stopped me. I looked up with tears falling down onto my cheeks, it was Danny.

“Hold on,” I nodded as I wiped the tears away. I watched as Danny walked to where Mike was. The guys were staring at Danny and Mike but Jeff walked over to me.

“I know Richie can be a dick sometimes but what he’s saying is true,” Jeff wrapped his arms around me as I hid my face in his chest and cried. I felt more arms wrap around Jeff and I.

“Jess, c-can I talk to you?” I heard Mike’s voice. The boys slowly fell away and I lifted my head off of Jeff. I sniffled before nodded. “Outside,” he said softly as I walked towards him. We walked through the living room to the front door. He opened it and let me walk out first. I sat on the porch swing that he had, as he sat down next to me I didn’t know whether I was surprised or not.
“I’m sorry Jess. I just can’t stand knowing that you doubt me,” he spoke softly.

“I… I don’t doubt you. I believe you and that scares me.” I explain quietly.

“I could never, ever hurt you,” his voice was louder. I bit my tongue so the sarcastic comment wouldn’t come out. I looked at his eyes. They were searching, waiting.

“I know Mike, but neither of us is good with relationships.”

“We’re amazing together though,” he smiled at me as his fingers slowly traced mindless patterns on my bare thigh. I scooted over closer to him and leaned my head on his shoulder.

“I’m scared that I’ll push you away,” I murmured before squeezing my eyes shut to prevent more tears. His other hand went to my chin and made me look at him.

“I won’t let you, once I have what I want… I don’t let them go without a fight.” He stated before kissing my lips. It was passionate but soft and as he pulled away slightly, I wished he would kiss me again. My hand went to his neck and I giggled softly as he pressed a soft kiss to my nose. “I’ve liked you for months baby, let me have a chance to prove you wrong.” His hand that was making patterns on my thigh went to my waist and pulled me closer. His lips found mine again. Once his lips touched mine, I was gone. I was sold. He had my heart already. He has for a while.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heyy!
I decided to write this because I really miss Carts and Richie on the Flyers. I hope you enjoy!