Status: Finished, but beware - the sequel is three times in length :)

Going Bush

03

“What was that?” Isaac’s head snapped up at the sound of Taylor’s voice.
He and Zac listened closely.
“I don’t hear anything.”
“Nah,” Isaac shrugged, “it was probably Tay. Might be on his way back finally.”
Zac nodded his agreement, before they went back to what they’d been doing.

*

Taylor struggled as the larger of the two men held him down, the other going to see if his cries had alerted anyone.
“Alright, we’re clear,” he announced, coming back.
Taylor tried to pull his arms away again, unsuccessfully.
“Swap clothes with him,” the gruff voice ordered.
“Why?” the man asked as Taylor froze.
“So you can go into the streets. I hardly think what you’re wearing would be appropriate.”
Taylor had noticed that both of the men were wearing prison uniforms. That’s what Isaac had been so worried about… there was a prison only miles away. These two must have just broken out, which was exactly what his brother had been afraid of.
“Ok,” the second man finally agreed, already taking his shirt off.
Taylor’s eyes widened as he tried to cry out again, shaking his head.
“You don’t have a choice in the matter,” the gruff voice snarled.
The second man threw his shirt aside.
“Need me to hold him?”
The first man hesitated, as Taylor began to look frantic.
“No. He’ll do it,” he finally said, shoving Taylor forward between the two.
Taylor hesitated, not expecting the sudden release. He looked between them, frightened.
“Strip,” the second man instructed.
Taylor shook his head, looking around. They were beside the tree, so there was only one way to run. Forwards. He bolted.
“Hey!” the younger man yelled after him, taking off in pursuit.
Taylor glanced over his shoulder as he darted between trees, trying to space the distance between them. Unfortunately, the man turned out to be quite a runner, and was slowly catching.
“IKE?!” Taylor cried again, “ZAC?! GUYS HELP!”
He changed direction slightly, trying to head back to where he thought the camp would be. There was now only about ten metres between the two runners, and Taylor knew he was gaining. He finally came to a sort of clearing, only to come face to face with the man he’d run from. He was quite a large man, with a beard and bald head.
It only took a second for him to stop in shock before he was tackled to the ground. He struggled with the younger man for a moment, before the bald man stepped in and managed to pin him to the ground by his shoulders.
“Get off me!”
“Settle,” the man insisted, as the younger one began to pull Taylor’s clothes from him.
It didn’t take him long before they’d switched clothes, and Taylor was out of breath from struggling. He was soon face down on the ground again, the bald man holding his hands behind his back. He looked up at his accomplice.
“Check his camp. We might find something useful,” he suggested.