‹ Prequel: Going Bush

Going Bush 2: Suburbia

25

Taylor and Zac had been getting some more sleep when they were suddenly awoken by the door being opened and a torchlight shining in Taylor’s face.
“Get up 352,” came the order.
Taylor grimaced as he struggled to roll onto his side, Zac sitting up slightly to watch what would happen. Taylor made it onto his knees before rough hands pulled him to his feet and unlocked the padlock holding him to the main chain.
“What’s going on?” he squinted, receiving yet another hit across the jaw for his efforts.
Zac flinched as Taylor was hit, wishing he was in a position to do something about it. He watched as his brother was half dragged from the room and whispered a quiet prayer for him as the door was locked once again.
Taylor was pulled down the corridor, barely registering that he was passing doors very similar to the one he’d come from. It made him wonder exactly how many people they had down there.
When they had almost made it to the end he was pushed through a door to his left. The room was again mostly bare, lit by multiple fluorescents, and contained a single chair and table. The table held a box that looked suspiciously like the one that had been in the van that had picked them up, and it set Taylor’s nerves on edge from the start.
One of the two men who’d fetched him walked in to greet the man who’d been waiting there, while the second closed the door behind them and forced Taylor down onto his knees on the floor.
“Ready to begin?” he asked.
“Yes,” the man who’d been waiting confirmed as he pulled on a pair of gloves, “this one needs to be moved quickly. No time to lose.”
Taylor was about to ask what was going on again, before catching a look from one of them and closing his mouth again. The one who’d caught his eye smirked.
The two who’d brought him in took a step back and pulled up positions in front of the door, in emphasis that Taylor wasn’t leaving anytime soon. Taylor’s eyes followed them before being pulled back to the much older man as he spoke.
“Your friend Nathaniel has graciously offered you a position in our program,” he began in an authoritative tone, “you can repay him by fulfilling your obedience training with similar grace.”
Taylor closed his eyes for a moment as it registered that the training Nate had spoken about was what was about to happen to him. He opened them again in time to see him reach into the box and pull out some black cuffs adorned with silver rings. It took a lot of self-control for Taylor to not simply stand up and back off.
His eyes never blinked as he watched the man come over to him and begin to fasten them to each of his wrists just below where the chains sat. Once they were on, the man looked him in the eye.
“Now. I’m about to remove the chains,” he said flatly, “but you are not to move from that position. Understand?”
Taylor nodded, already glad for the prospect of stretching his arms out, “yes Sir.”
As the man used a produced key to unlock them, he continued talking in a calm manner.
“In order to get introductions out of the way, you’ll simply be known as your entrant number when you must be referred to. You will only know me as ‘Master’. Not by Sir, and not by my name. Do you understand?”
Taylor nodded, his nerves clearly beginning to show.
“When I ask you a question, you will respond verbally,” the man went on, “do you understand?”