Status: Active; Trying To Update As Much As Possible

Coffee Shop Soundtrack

Chapter 9: The City Comes Alive When We're Together

Third Person P.O.V.

She was dressed in navy and black, causing the blue and black in her hair to light up. Her blue skinny jeans were ones she'd splattered with bleach herself, causing white splashes across her legs and her navy vans were perfectly intact (in contradiction to every other pair of shoes she owned). The sleeves of her navy blazer were rolled up to elbows as it perfectly hugged her body over a black tank top. Her blonde hair pleated down her back in a messy braid and her eyes were shadowed in blue, making her ice blue eyes brighten at being surrounded by dark smoke. Anchor earrings sat perfectly in their place and she smiled at her reflection. For once Jessica smiled at the face looking back at her in the mirror.

Jessica may be blonde, but the girl wasn't dumb. She felt like she was though. She felt like an innocent teenager with nothing but a clear conscience... and it was beginning to bother her a bit. She finally let go but guilt still knawed at her head.Piece by piece, bit by bit, and shred by shred her stitches were coming undone. She hated the feeling, that feeling of weakness where she doesn't know what to do. It haunted her that she felt this helpless. Could she really fall in love again? Jess shook her head, letting herself look down. The answe to that was apparently yes because here she was, in love for the first time in about 4 years.

"Doesn't some one look all grown up." "Shut the fuck up Webb." Jess glared playfully at her brother's best friend. Sure her attitude was in top check, but the bitterness that icily surrounded it was present. Jessica tended to grow colder when her emotions were off balance and strewn around her mind like the results of a hurricane.

They were currently stopped somewhere in Southern Canada (most likely Ottawa from the outside view) and the venue was huge. So boys being boys and totally unoriginal, they just had to party. Of course though, Jessica was never a girl to turn down a party.

Calm washed over Jessie as she felt the presence of what have come to be her best friends. It was only with them that she truely felt alive and that maybe she wasn't as bad of a person as she believed herself to be. She felt at peace and ease when surrounded by the members and crew of All Time Low."Jessie I'm so so so so so-" the blonde cut Zack off in a heartbeat "There in no sorry, I've been a snappy bitch lately." Jessica was blunt and her eyes rolled.

Jessica jumped, feeling someone hug her from behind, "How many times do I have to tell you you're not a bitch?" That was when she didn't dare move. Instead her shoulders fell back and relaxed from their straight posture position and she physically felt her entire being relax. She didn't even have to turn around to know who it was. Over the last month or so Alex constatnly told her she wasn't a bitch for being herself. Everyone had always told her that, but she never believed it until he said it. Even then though she constantly needed reminders, something so that she knows she's not completely gone. Yet even then sometimes she swear she saw black flash in her eyes, almost as if inside she was subdued in darkness. Standing there now though, Jessica was too caught up in the electricity running through her veins, almost as if it had replaced her blood. She was lit up like a lightbulb, and Alex? Alex too was wrapped up in the shocks and sparks running up his arm. Something he got just by hugging her and holding her close.

Soon enough, everything was getting to Jessica. She felt as if the world was caving in. The loud music only made it worse to add to the pounding migraine at the back of her skull. She slipped away from Alex and was out the door, desperate to fill her lungs with the cold air surrounding the Ottawa valley. Back inside Alex felt the warmth and electricity leave him. He looked around, not spotting the familiar blonde braid anywhere. He panicked a bit, where the hell could she have gone? Just as he was looking around he caught sight of blonde hair whipping out the door. This time he wasn't going to be an idiot, he was going after her first chance. That's exactly what he did.

Jessica stood outside, leaning back against the brick wall of the building. Her head tilted back and came in to contact with the wall. Her breathing became heavy and she felt her body go numb. She really was going crazy, the careful stitching of her mind coming undone. She was cold, yet not because of the wind bitterly blowing through the city. She felt tears leak down her pale face, the shitty street lamp lighting reflecting off them. Suddenly she felt a presence, a source of warmth in the atmosphere. "I can't do this." Jessica's voice was shaking, her knees going weak. She slid herself down the wall, feeling the air shift as Alex sat beside her. "I can't do this. This. Everything. What am I supposed to do? I feel so guilty and I just can't do it." She was sobbing by now, collapsing her head in to her arms.

Alex was confused, but none the less he hugged her in to his side. "I'm just done. I just finally fell apart." she was laughing, though it was filled with venom and bitter feelings. Suddenly she looked up at the boy by her side, "Why is it always you who follows me?" Jessica asked, unsure of what her answer would be, but her hopes were high. "Because being alone doesn't help anyone. Believe me, I thought the exact same thing. I had to learn the hard way." Jess giggled a bit. "Jess," he started, serious for a second, "What is it your guilty about?" "I feel like I can't even be close to anyone anymore, like he would hate me." "He wouldn't hate you, he loved you too much. Other people love you too Jess, he'd want you to love them just as much." The weight of the words hit them both like a ton of bricks, both on them leaning back against the wall.

Jessica looked at Alex, a smirk gracing her face. "So, do you love me?" she asked, eyebrow raised. All colour drained from his face for a second before he smirked right back at her. "If I didn't, I wouldn't do this." Before a word could come out of her mouth, lips were on her's. Right in that moment, the street lamp light was a little brighter and electricity ran through the atmosphere. The stitches were sewing back together and it was scene, act, and cut. Jessica's mind drew blank and she held no guilt, remorse, or sorrow. Right now the only though she had was that she'd finally given in to Gaskarth.
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: DO YOU GUYS LOVE ME YET?! 'CAUSE I LOVE THIS CHAPTER. This has to have been my favourite chapter to write so far. I'm kind of like, in love with the way I wrote this. Lemme know what you guys think, I'm always open for comments. See you soon for what's next. ;)
xoxo,
Gossip Girl