Status: Active; Trying To Update As Much As Possible

Coffee Shop Soundtrack

Chapter 12: How We Operate

Alex's P.O.V.

I'll give credit when it's due. The girl knows how to play the game and play it well. Every step I took it's like she was 2 ahead of me. It was frustrating because she pissed me off just enough to make me want her more. That's usually my play. Smart, smart girl. Speaking of her, she was jumping around our bus. The fuck? I stood there watching, wondering why the hell she was here. Before I could say anything she beat me to it.

"Josh wouldn't let me put TSN on. World Juniors are playing."

I shrugged, whatever. Not like I was complaining she was hanging around. Every idea or plan I had got thrown out a window with her. Jessica never has and never will be a jealous person, there went that idea. It was likt the only thing that pissed her off was me, and even that a slim shot. Jess had these really fucking weird mood swings. So some days she was happy all the time, and some days she was pissed off, and some days she just wasn't here. I worried about her, a lot. I heard a crash and stood there laughing seeing as Rian fell out of his bunk. He glared at me, opening his mouth to yell when I shook my head.

"DON'T." I mouthed and that got a confused look.
"Jessica and hockey." and he understood.

We'd all grown used to having to shut the fuck up when hockey was on, unless it was to talk about hockey. She really was Canadian, I'd give her that much. I decided to break the silence, this chance might be the only one I got for a while.

"Jess, who's playing?"
"Canada and Slovakia."
"Who's winning?"
"Canada -WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT. THAT WAS BLANTENTLY TRIPPING."

Jess looked like she was about to throw something. So I walked over and sat down, pulling her by her arm to sit down beside me. I knew what would get her to calm down a bit.

"Come on, calm down and explain this shit to me."

I watched her face light up she relaxed and let me pull her closer. She started trying to explain exactly what was happening and why shit was going on. By the end of the game she was sitting in my lap and not yelling at everything and everyone anymore. I've never seen her so calm watching a a game.... for any sport. To make her happier, Canada had won.

"We're going home tomorrow." Jessica sighed

Everyone knew she wasn't keen on going home right now. Who would be when you had to go back only to be pushed off to somewhere you didn't want to be?

"You know you're going to be okay, right? They're just worried about you."
"I know but it's not fair. To think you're better only to be pushed back and told you're still wrong."

I kissed the top of her head. It wasn't fair to her, but she had to go. Jess has admitted more than once that she was just scared because if something really was wrong she'd have to live with that. It was a scary feeling, the thougt that something was really wrong. She had a couple days though, why not take her mind off of it? So we spent the day hanging out and seeing her smile has been the best thing all day.

Zack's P.O.V. (DUN DUN DUN SHAKING THINGS UP)

I watched Jessica throw popcorn at Alex across the bus. I laughed as it him across the head.

"KILL SHOT! I WIN!" Jess jumped around in a circle before collapsing and laughing.

I have to admit, as much as I loved how well she now got along with everyone else I had to be a bit jealous. It took a long time for her to be open with me, but some how Alex managed to dig deep in 3 months. Not to mention Jess was still a bit mad at me for calling Ash. You can't blame me for being worried. She went from being closed off to opening up in less than a week. Worry that was -again- mixed with jealousy. Why couldn't I have been the one to help her? We had been friends for years yet she never opened to me as much as she did for the others. Even when we hung out now she just never opened herself up all the way.

I shook my head, it wasn't that I wasn't her best friend. I guess it was just how comfotable she was. I was so lost in thought I hadn't noticed that Jessica had Alex pinned to the floor. That's what being the most atheletic person ever gave you. She was stronger than any of us. Even me. I decided to get her off of him because A. we need a lead singer and B. Matt would kill us if we were late. Knowing Jessica she'd just stand there and laugh.

"Come on guys. It's time for soundcheck."
"I WANNA HELP." I smirked watching Jess race out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
So did you guys like Zack's little inner monlogue? I just felt like it had to be written, because it WILL be important for later on. Other than that, this was mostly just a filler thing because I needed something written for before they went back to Baltimore. So I will see you later lovlies. ;)
xoxo,
Gossip Girl