Status: Active; Trying To Update As Much As Possible

Coffee Shop Soundtrack

Chapter 15: Our Song Has Not Been Sung

Jessica's P.O.V.

Late at night we were still driving down a long stretch of highway.I was bored and tired, yet I didn't find myself falling asleep. It was almost as if something was keeping me awake. I just had this nagging feeling that I shouldn't be anything but awake right now.

Sighing, I eventually found the energy to get up and walk around this god forsaken bus. Maybe it was just because I was used to not sleeping. Josh and I both had a history with insomnia. Seems everything came to us being the two youngest. It freaked everyone out most of the time.

I came down the hallway, and winced a little bit as I notice a light coming from under the door to the back lounge. Taking a moment to adjust my sight, I managed to make my way to the door, noticing it being slighty ajar. I slowly opened it and quietly stepped inside.

I smiled a bit at the sight infront of me. A small lamp was illuminating the room and there sat Alex, curled up with a notebook in his lap.

"Can't sleep either?" I asked

He jumped and turned around, but his expression changed when he saw me.

"Naw. Just trying to get some stuff done."

I nodded and by now I was standing behind Alex, trying to peer in to what he was writing. He moved his hand to close the book but I grabbed his wrist.

"Please?" I asked and he nodded, silently handing me his writing.

I let my eyes scan across the pages, the words that filled them were definitely songs. They were amazing. Sure most of them were half-done but I couldn't stop myself from knowing that they would be brilliant. I stopped on one that was actually finished. I let my eyes scan down the page and I smiled at what I was reading.

"Sing this for me? Please?"

I jumped over the back of the couch and sat beside Alex, handing him the book and curling up closer to him. His voice came out quiet (seeing as it was like 2 am), but it was strong. I smiled as I heard the lyrics put in to melody and I was right, it was amazing.

".... So long live us." he finished, and looked to me to say something.
"That was- Alex that was amazing."

He smiled, but I could tell something was wrong.

"What? What's wrong? Alex all of those songs are amazing."
"Yeah but it's like going back to our older stuff."
"I see nothing wrong with that,"
"Yeah well the label does."
"You have to be kidding me." I said, rolling my eyes.
"Nope."
"Bullshit. Then stop trying to please the fucking label."

I got a blank stare in return. Almost as if what I was saying was complete mutiny. To him it probably was.

"I know you know you want people to hear these. The answer is simple. Stop trying to please everyone else and write and play what you want to hear. Obviously the songs you've written, they all mean something to you, you've flooded out your emotions with them. If they don't want to accept that this what you want to play than simply say goodbye and be on your way."

Alex stared at me for a moment before wrapping his arms around me and pulling me in closer than I already was. So now I was half-sitting in his lap.

"Why do you make everything easier?" he asked, his voice muffled a bit by my hair.
"Because you over-think everything." I replied.

Slowly I reached for the book that Alex was still holding on to.

"Come on. I'll help you."
"Don't you need sleep?"
"Psh. Who needs sleep?"

We went on like that for the rest of the night, writing and talking and even managing to finish a song or two. Some where in between the caffeine and guitar chords, I fell in love all over again.

Third Person P.O.V.

The two sat there in the early morning, sunshine managing to find its way it. They didn't even care, they were too caught up in each other to pay attention to anything around them. This is probably the reason why they didn't even hear everybody else get up. Or how they didn't notice everyone behind them at the door, just watching.

Jessica shook her head, grabbing on to Alex's hand which held the pen moving across the page.

"No. Try putting this here."

She moved his hand with hers, guiding his writing. When she was done she gingerly let go of his wrist and watched him look over what she'd done. Obviously she had done something right because he looked up at smiled at her.

"Anyone ever tell you you're brilliant?" Alex asked, his british accent coming through a bit.
"No. You'd be the first."
"Well then. You. Are. Brilliant."

Jess shook her head, laughing a bit.

"And you are cheesy."
"But you love it." Alex said in a sing-song voice.
"Do I now? And by the way, don't think I don't see you guys creeping on us."

Everyone jumped in surprise and Jess only started laughing.

"This is sad. Alex, can't we get them girlfriends?"
"Well Rian already has one, and believe me I've tried."

Jessica shook her head, thinking for a moment. At this point the guys were still standing there watching the two talk like they hadn't even been acknowledged. Well, except for Rian who was still on the phone with Cassadee.

"Well I've already been trying to get Zack to ask Ashlyn out for how long - I swear those two are like meant to be and - OH. MY. GOD. I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING."
"And that would be...?"
"Okay this is majorly fucking weird. My best friend is exactly like your best friend."
"You don't mean -" Zack spoke up, but was cut off by Jess.
"Yes. Oh my God Jack has to meet Lacey. They'd be a fucking match made in Candyland." Jess explained.
"I HEARD CANDYLAND."

Before they knew it a head of brown and blonde hair was jumped in between Alex and Jessica.

Jessica had taken out her phone was was looking through pictures, eventually finding one of her and her 3 best friends. Pointing them all out to the two boys.

"That's Melody." She said, pointing to a girl with shoulder length brown hair.

One thing think that was noticed was that all the girls were shorter than Jessica.

"This was actually taken a few days after she got back from her honeymoon, hence why she has a massive tan in the middle of a Baltimore autumn. ANYWAY, that one's Ashlyn."

Jessica pointed to a girl with long dark hair and an eyebrow ring. They could understand why Zack liked her so much.

"She's quiet actually, but sweet. And finally, that is Lacey. Which, Jesus Christ I just realized this now they even look alike dear lord."

The final girl had Jessica's arm around her shoulders and her tongue was sticking out, like Jess. Her hair was a deep brown but faded in to bleached ends.

More or less to say Jack was excited to get back to Baltimore. Just as everyone finally left them alone, Alex turned back to Jess.

"You really are fucking brilliant."
"Oh I know." She replied, and he pouted a little bit.
"But that doesn't mean I don't like hearing it. Thank you." Jess said before leaning forward and kissing him.

They both smiled in to the kiss as Jessica's phone made a snap, capturing the picture she was taking. Moments like this had to be captured because let's face it, they were picture perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guys I think this might be the longest chapter I've ever written. YAY! I know it's cheesy but it's really cute and I loved writing it. <3 Keep on reading. LOVE YA'S *MWAH*