Status: Active; Trying To Update As Much As Possible

Coffee Shop Soundtrack

Chapter 16: Leaving You To Be Forever Seventeen

Alex's P.O.V.

I woke up (in the morning for once) to the sight of a curled up ball of plae skin and blonde and purple hair. I smiled, slowly pulling myself off the couch we had fallen asleep on. I made sure to close the door behind me, letting Jessica get some sleep.

I made my way to the front of the bus, being careful not to wake up everyone else up. Today was the day I decided to not play the jerk that woke us all up. Naw that job was reserved for Flyzik.

I honestly didn't think anyone was going to be up. I was proved wrong though when I heard footsteps come up behind me. I spun around, now leaning against the counter. To say I was surpirsed when I found Zack standing across from me might have been an uderstatement.

Before I could even say anything Zack started speaking.

"What's going on with you and Jessica?"

I almost started choking, that I wasn't expecting.

"Nothing. I have no idea what you're talking about." I couldn't help but notice my voice crack.
"Bullshit."
"Excuse me?"
"I know you. You don't just share your lyrics with anyone. You're not just that close with anyone. So I'm going to as you again: what's going on with you and Jessica?"

I rolled my eyes at that, he had nothing. There was no concrete proof of anything other than we were close. No one had to know what we were because truth be told, I had no fucking idea either.

When Zack realized I had no intention if answering him, he flicked something around in his hand. It was a balck iPhone.... with a black studded case around it.... Jessica's phone. My eyes widened a bit, he actually went through her phone.

Eventually he stopped flickering on the screen, stopping and holding it up for me to see. It was the picture Jess had taken of us, sitting in the back lounge. The one of us kissing.

"That is not nothing."
"She's going to be so pissed you went through her phone."

Zack rolled his eyes at me.

"Why do you even care?" I asked
"She's my best friend."
"Really? Because you sure as hell don't act like it. Aren't best friends supposed to treat each other like family? You know, have trust? The fact that this is happening right now is proof that you don't trust Jess at all."
"I trust her - "
"No you don't. If you trusted her you would stay out of her business and not go through her phone. And if you actually did trust her, you wouldn't call her fucking doctor."

I didn't feel bad for snapping. We were at each other's throats when I heard a door creak open.

"Hello? Anyone up? Has anyone seen my - "

Jessica stopped at the sight of me and Zack. Her eyebrow raised and she eyed us.

"What's going on?" her voice was heavy with sleep. Her eyes weren't even completely open yet.
"Nothing Jess. Go back to sleep." Zack looked at her like nothing was even happening.
"Bullshit. But whatever. Look has anyone seen my phone? I need to call Lace."
"Yeah." Zack tossed her her phone, "Found it on the counter."

In her sleepy state Jess had no idea that he was lying. Though the look of confusin that crossed her face told me she knew something was up.

"I could have sworn I left it on the couch..."

With that Jess walked off mumbling. I glared at Zack, did he really just lie to her?

"You just lied to her. Tell me now you trust her." I snapped.

Zack stalked away at that comment, and I knew I had won. For now. This wasn't over. The real question was: what the hell is up with Zack?

Shaking my head, I made my way back to Jess. I knew damn well she wasn't going back to sleep. She never does.

Jessica's P.O.V.

I just hung up the phone from talking to Lacey. God that girl made me feel better. Reasons why we've been best friends since I moved down to Maryland.

I felt something beside me and I looked over to see Alex beside me, looking at me expectantly. Automatically I glued myself to his side and cuddled in to him. That's when something weasled its way in to my head.

"Alex?"
"Yes?"
"What happens when we get back to Baltimore?" I asked
"Well, I'm hoping that we will hang out and I will get to see you a lot more."
"You're chessy."
"But you love it."
"Mmmmh I guess I do." I said smiling.

We must have sat there for what felt like forever. It was nice though, I felt like I never had to talk to enjoy time with Alex. I was never bored with just spending time together.

"I'm scared." I whispered out of nowhere, it just came out.
"I know." Alex rubbed my arm.
"What do you think, Peter Pan? Run away with me to Neverland?" I asked, giggling a bit.
"I don't know Wendy. I think we might have to stay for a while."

We sat in silence for a while, not really bothered to do anything.

"Are our lives this sad?" I wondered.
"I don't know, are they?"
"Maybe." I answered
"I have an idea."
"And what might that be?" I asked.
"When we get back home, will you, Jessica, go on a date with me?"

I was a little surprise, but nonetheless my answer rolled off my tongue.

"You know what? I would love to."

To be honest, I thought the kid would never ask. Suddenly I looked at the clock, realizing how long I've been up now.

"Shit! I need to go take my pills."

Without explanation I rushed to my bag, getting a glass of water and swallowing two of my hormone balancers. I turned around and as I was expecting, Alex was looking at me for an explanation.

"Please, please, please don't hate me." I begged.

I took a deep breath and confessed something few knew about me.

"When I was 17 I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. I take a hormone balancer to even out the levels but I'm still moody. It's the reason I'm so moody and blunt and bitchy. Then when Tristan died I was depressed and they told me it would be okay but it wasn't because anti-depressants spike levels and my balncers counteract it and I almost went in to cardiac arrest because my hormone levels were so off balance."

Before I could even know comprehend what was happening Alex had his arms wrapped around me in a hug. I didn't even realize I was crying until now.

"You're. Not. Bitchy." He said, kissing me between each word.
"Why is it I only believe you when you say that?" I wondered out loud.
"Maybe because I actually mean it."

Suddenly what I had been wondering all morning came back to me. The question I had.

"Alex, what happened this morning with Zack?"

He froze for a moment.

"You don't have to tell me - "
"No. It's okay. Just stressful things going on. We're thinking about leaving the label."

I could tell that was only a fraction of the problem, the tone in his voice told there was something more. If Alex didn't want to tell me though I wouldn't force him.

"Really? I'm actually really proud of that." I confessed.
"I thought you might be."

Suddenly things got serious.

"Jess?"
"Yeah?"
"I just - I know you're scared and you don't want to go alone.... How would you feel about me driving you to your doctor when we get back?"

Alex was looking away from me, almost as if he was scared I was going to like, hit him or something.

"I would love that, actually. I really would."

Leaning up, I kissed him. It was nothing but sweet and innocent. Pulling back I realized I had been given something that anyone hardly ever recieved. A second chance. A second chance at love.
♠ ♠ ♠
I FINALLY FINISHED THIS CHAPTER. God it feels good. I have been writing this for about 3 days now. I actually want to just just bring attention to the title a little bit. Uhm, obviously I'm quoting The Girls A Straight Up Hustler, but this particular line I think embodies the entire story in a way because basically Jess was left with only memories. She was literally left and stuck being foever seventeen living in the past. That's just my thoughts. ALSO, what do you guys think is up with Zack? Or, what do you think might happen with Alex and Jess and mabe even the doctor?? COMMENT PLEASE AND LET ME KNOW. So, hope you guys enjoy and I love you. *MWAH*