Status: Active; Trying To Update As Much As Possible

Coffee Shop Soundtrack

Chapter 19: If It's Worth It

Jessica's P.O.V.

I felt bad, like extremely guilty. I couldn't help but smile though as I got off the plain to see one of my best friends in the world: my brother.

After explaining everything in the car, we finally reached the huge band house that all the boys lived in.

I was welcomed in to the house with a hug from everyone and eventually I turned around, expecting one more person to be there. That's when I heard the inevitable voice of the sister I wish was mine.

"MY BITCH."

I whirled around beaming.

"EXCUSE YOU? YOU'RE MY BITCH!"

We started laughing and Michelle jumped on top of me, tackling me in a hug. We eventually stood up laughing, getting the strangest looks from the everyone else.

This. This was home.

Home was the familiar smell of paint radiating through the house. Home was now, sitting in the kitchen with Michelle just talking. Home is Josh just wandering aimlessly around the house, annoying everyone.

I was just sitting there thinking when I was shaken back to reality by Michelle.

"So you just left?" she asked.
"I couldn't stay. I was going to tear them apart. I wasn't gonna let them ruin themselves."
"So you came here of all places?"
"Why not come home? I'm hardly ever here."

I spent the rest of the day walking through the back roads of the Vancouver suburb I used to spend everyday in. That was until I heard a familiar voice call to me from the park.

"JESSICA?!"

I whirled around only to see Derek, the one boy in this world I could never seem to get away from. The boy who broke my heart before Tristant picked up the pieces. This kid was my first boyfriend.

I rolled my eyes at his voice.

"What the hell do you want Derek?"

He laughed at me a bit and I raised my eyebrow.

"Some one's hostile. Having a bad day?" He asked like he genuinely cared.
"Nope. Just taking a walk, enjoying the a place I haven't seen for a while."
"Back in town for a bit?"
"Maybe. If you don't chase me off." I spat out.

I truely hated Derek Miller, I don't know how I was ever attracted to him. He broke my heart, slept with the girl who I had thought to be my best friend. That was the day I learned trust no one. I clung to Josh, but by the time he graduated I had found some kind of friendship in Tristan.

"Look, I know you don't like me -."
"No, you're wrong. I hate you. You're the reason I spent so much time insecure and untrusting. Shut the fuck up and leave me alone because I havn't wanted to see you let alone talk to you since the day I found you fucking Lisa Page."

I didn't wanna hear it, I turned around and walked straight back the way I had come. Along the way I picked up Starbucks, sipping it as I walked back to the house. I smiled a bit as I remembered the first day I saw Alex. I though he was some creepy kid. Granted he was staring at me in a coffee shop.

As I got home, I threw out my empty coffee cup. It was only now I realized how tired I was, and how there was a familiar wetness staining my cheeks.

I walked in to the guest room where I was staying and looked around. For reasons I don't even know my body took over and I punched the wall. The tears were still falling as I leaned against my forearm resting on the wall.

After standing there for heaven knows how long, I finally found the strength to drag myself to my bed. The last thought I had before falling asleep was:

"I hope to God I know what I'm doing."
♠ ♠ ♠
SO I UPDATED!! BE HAPPY AND REJOICE. Just kidding guys. In retrospect though, this is more or less a filler chapter just because I know you guys need something to read. This is the gateway chapter though to everything setting in action and there will be more to come. Howver I hate to say that this story will be done soon. I KNOW I'M CRYING TOO, but all good things must come to an end. I LOVE YOU ALL *MWAH*