Status: Active; Trying To Update As Much As Possible

Coffee Shop Soundtrack

Chapter 23: The Happiest I've Ever Been

A/N: Dear readers, this will be the last chapter I write before the epilogue. I know, I know but all good things must come to an end. This has been the longest story I've written so far and I have loved writing it. I hope you guys have enjoyed reading it. I love you guys. Now on with the chapter.

*A YEAR LATER*

Jessica's P.O.V.

Over a year. That's how long Alex and I had been together. To be honest it's flown by so quickly, but I've loved every minute of it.

Don't Panic! had been a success, everyone loved it. I was happy for the guys.

Zack had been settling down with Ash, raising Chris. Jack had eventually made everything official with Lacey, though they'd been together all this time. Rian had proposed to and married Cassadee (a move we all saw coming). Me and Alex? We were just fine the way we were.

I smiled, walking in to the cafe the boys were playing at tonight. They were doing an intimate show here in Baltimore because they were in between tours.

For the most part, everything was fine. I just couldn't shake the feeling that something big was about to happen.

Third Person P.O.V.

Alex's palms were sweaty and he was more nervous than he'd ever been.

Suddenly though he was distracted when he heard a scream and the sound of footsteps running around.

The whole band looked up to see Jessica being chased around by Lacey while Cass and Ashlyn just stood there laughing.

Alex and Jack looked at each other, smirking, before running off after them.

Jessica was laughing as she was being chased by her best friend, when she felt fingers go through her belt loops and spin her around. She screaming a bit before she looked up to see her one and only boyfriend.

Jess glared at Alex as he laughed. She turned slightly and realized Jack had Lacey in the same situation. Jessica turned back to Alex and glared at him. He looked at her and gave her the puppy dog eyes.

"Come on Jessie don't be mad at me babe."
"Aleeeeeex you scared me."
"I'm sorry."

Jess giggled and pretended to think for a minute.

"Okay, I guess you're forgiven."

Jessica leaned up and gave him a quick kiss before retreating back to Cassadee and Ashlyn, Lacey following behind her.

~~~~~~~~~DURING THE SHOW~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I don't wanna say goodnight.
The city comes alive, when we're together.
Why can't Thursday last forever?
I don't wanna say goodnight.
I've never been so sure.
Just do it for the memories.
Do it for Baltimore.
Do it for me."

The boys finished For Baltimore, recieving cheers from the kids crammed inside the small space.

"So you guys may or may not know, all four of our lovely ladies are here tonight."

More cheers and clapping.

"Funnily enough. The song we just played is one of the few I wrote for my girlfriend. You guys can thank her too because she helped me write quite a few songs for Don't Panic. But being the sweetheart she is, she never takes credit for her brilliance."

Jessica was red, her head down blushing listening to Alex.

"Alex. dude, what are you on? Your girlfriend is the spawn of the devil."
"Well then our girlfriends really must be related. And who turned your mic on Jack?"

When the laughter died down, movement was quick and soon Alex was on the stage with his acoustic guitar, alone.

"You guys mind if we slow things down a bit?" the cheers made it obvious they didn't care.
"Good because you didn't have a choice anyway."

"He woke up from dreaming and put on his shoes
Started making his way past 2 in the morning
He hasn't been sober for days

Leaning now into the breeze
Remembering Sunday, he falls to his knees
They had breakfast together
But two eggs don't last
Like the feeling of what he needs

Now this place seems familiar to him
She pulled on his hand with a devilish grin
She led him upstairs, she led him upstairs
Left him dying to get in

Forgive me, I'm trying to find
My calling, I'm calling at night
I don't mean to be a bother,
But have you seen this girl?
She's been running through my dreams
And it's driving me crazy, it seems
I'm going to ask her to marry me

Even though she doesn't believe in love,
He's determined to call her bluff
Who could deny these butterflies?
They're filling his gut

Waking the neighbors, unfamiliar faces
He pleads though he tries
But he's only denied
Now he's dying to get inside

Forgive me, I'm trying to find
My calling, I'm calling at night
I don't mean to be a bother,
But have you seen this girl?
She's been running through my dreams
And it's driving me crazy, it seems
I'm going to ask her to marry me

The neighbors said she moved away
Funny how it rained all day
I didn't think much of it then
But it's starting to all make sense
Oh, I can see now that all of these clouds
Are following me in my desperate endeavor
To find my whoever, wherever she may be"

During the song, Zack had managed to worm himself around and find Jessica, hurling her over his shoulder and dragging her to the stage. He left her a mic and disappeared back to where the rest of the band was watching.

Jessica took a shaky breath, knowing it was coming. She had never really sang in front of so many people. However seeing Alex, sitting there waiting for her, gave her the surge of confidence she needed. She stepped on stage and began singing the words she knew so well.

"I'm not coming back (forgive me)
I've done something so terrible
I'm terrified to speak (I'm not calling, I'm not calling)
But you'd expect that from me
I'm mixed up, I'll be blunt, now the rain is just (You're driving me crazy, I'm)
Washing you out of my hair and out of my mind
Keeping an eye on the world,
From so many thousands of feet off the ground, I'm over you now
I'm at home in the clouds, and towering over your head"

Well I guess I'll go home now...
I guess I'll go home now...
I guess I'll go home now...
I guess I'll go home"

Alex stood, putting his guitar down and pulling Jessica in to his side.

"This right here, is the beautiful Jessica Ramsay. The girl I'm lucky enough to call mine."

Jessica's head snapped down, her hair covering her face. As much as she didn't like admitting it, she could be quite shy at moments.

However Alex still continued talking.

"This girl right here, has been with me for over a year now and I love her very, very much."

Suddenly the arm around Jessica slipped away and something entered the corner of her floor vision. Alex's palms began to heat up and his heart beat must have picked up to the speed of a race car. He was more nervous right now than he had been all day.

Slowly, he pulled the small silver ring from his pocket and laid it flat in the palm of his hand. It glinted against the stage light, the reflection off the diamond flickering.

"This is why I want to ask you something, Jess."

Jessica's head shot up, meeting the sight of Alex on one knee in front of her. Her hand flew to her mouth, tears begging to be released. The whole crowd had gone silent, not believing what they were witnessing.

"I'm gonna keep this short, because I know you love the simplicity of things. Jessica Rae Ramsay, will you marry me?"

Jessica had no idea what to say, or do. So she simply got down on her knees infront of Alex, so she was eye level with him. Her emotions were out of control, her meds no use to her right now.

"Yes." was all she whispered before leaning forward and crushing her lips to Alex's.

He kissed her back with as much love as he could find, all while slipping the ring around her finger and knowing it fit perfectly.

With that the show finished and everyone started to file out. So many kids left congratulations and best wishes and Jessica couldn't believe the kindness of these fans. She'd dealt with so many kids saying she wasn't good enough for Alex, and the few times she believed them he constantly proved her wrong.

Jessica went back to the house she now shared with Alex, happier than she'd ever been as she cuddled up to him on their bed.

"I'm so in love with you." Jessica whispered up to Alex through the dark.
"And I'm always going to be in love with you." Alex replied.

Jessica fell asleep how she usually did now, with a smile on her face. This time, she was going to get married, and this time it might actually go right.

She still couldn't believe she had been blessed enough for a second chance at love.
♠ ♠ ♠
ANNNNNNND THAT'S THE LAST CHAPTER. I know I cry too. I'm going to be writing the epilogue and that will be it. So thank you for reading, I really appreciate it. I love you all. *MWAH* <3