Status: Active; Trying To Update As Much As Possible

Coffee Shop Soundtrack

Chapter 2: Sex in Stereo; Don't Turn The Radio Down

Jessica's P.O.V.

I'm not going to lie, I really didn't like Alex or Jack. Don't yell at me yet fangirls, I have good reasons. Literally every day went like this: I get up, go see Zack, talk to Rian (who's actually really chill), hang out with Zack, have Jack hit on me literally at least 10 times and all Alex does is stare at me, watch the shows, and then I go to sleep. I'll give them one thing though, I actually was a fan of their music. They reminded me of my brother, they found their element on stage, and that was something special. Actually, I think I just enjoyed any time they weren't annoying me. If this was only the first week, the rest of the tour was going to be harder than expected.

Speaking of the two idiots, they had managed the sit themselves on either side of me as I sat working on their bus. "Whatcha doin?" and I rolled my eyes. "If you guys have to know, I'm working with some prints and I needed Zack's help." "Wait, I thought you were just a model?" Rian asked me as he walked in. "Naw. I have degrees in Graphic Design and Media Art Layout. It would be stupid if I didn't use that." and I saw jaws drop. "What? I can be pretty but I can't be smart?" I asked. Do you now see why I hated staying on that bus for too long?

Whatever, I looked over and started on my work again, my eyes scanning over the pictures they gave me. "Zack, why doesn't your girlfriend like us?" "I'm not his girlfriend." I snapped, my hand reaching for the dog tags tucked neatly under my shirt. That was it, I've had enough. I went on ignoring them and eventually Jack left me alone. That didn't mean I wasn't less annoyed. I could feel Alex staring holes in to me. "You know, you could try this thing called talking to me." I said. I wasn't going to lie to myself, I thought Alex was incredibly cute and I know Zack worries about him sometimes. I just couldn't bring myself to like him though because I hated it when people stared at me. I'm used to having eyes on me all the time, but this was different. His stare made me uncomfortable, but not in a bad way. I guess it just freaked me out a little that only one other person has been able to make me feel like that, and I don't talk about him.

Seeing as I wasn't getting answers out of anyone, I finally finished my layout. "Hey Zack, what time does set up start?" I asked "About 4, why?" I looked at the clock, it was only about 12:30. "Nothing, I just need the main stage, which is already set up. Bye." and I waved as I walked out the door, making my way to the outdoor stage they were playing it. It was unusually warm for January in Canada, but who said I was complaining?

Alex's P.O.V.

All 4 of us watched Jessica walk off the bus. That was the minute Jack started whining. "Why does she only like Zack and Rian?" "Maybe because we don't hit on her every 5 minutes." Rian snorted."Whatever. Zaaack, why doesn't your girlfriend like us?" "She's not my girlfriend!" was his only reply "Why not?" I spoke up, finding my voice again. Zack looked at me confused, "Why is she not your girlfriend?" I asked and he shrugged. "We always fit better as friends, I don't look at her like that. And, she doesn't really date anymore." he mumbled the last part.

That's when our heads snapped to attention. We didn't even have to say anything, he knew we wanted and explanation. "It's not my story to tell, it's Jessie's." and I guess we were supposed to leave it at that. By that, Jack went back to whining. "Maybe if you calm down a little bit, she'll come around." was the only answer we got. I pretty much spent the time quiet, which was unusual. I was unusually quiet these days. I was snapped out of it when we had to go for soundcheck. "Coming" I mumbled and I walked out the bus door with the others.

We played an amazing show, like we always did. The entire time we were playing, my eyes were on Jessica. She was front row and center for every show and she stayed there for all the bands. Through every set, I saw something in her you don't see in most people at concerts. She closes her eyes the minute the song starts, letting the music just sink in instead of jumping around screaming. There was something about her that I couldn't escape. Hell, the girl was even in my dreams. She's smart, sarcastic, and doesn't take shit from anyone. Yet at the same time, she's sweet and she cares for everyone. I knew that's why I found her that much more attractive, she was beautiful inside and out.