Status: Active; Trying To Update As Much As Possible

Coffee Shop Soundtrack

Chapter 5: Break Down These Walls

Jessica's P.O.V.

I couldn't say I wasn't enjoying this, because I was. I felt free for once. Hell some days I woke up and I didn't even bother putting my tags on, they stayed hidden away under my pillow. Today was one of those days. I was wearing black skinnies and a purple hoodie open over my black Ravens tank top, a purple snapback over my hair. Josh's eyes grew wide when he looked at me. "Where the fuck are you dog tags Jessie?" he asked, being careful in case I had just forgotten them. "They're under my pillow, Joshie." I replied, smiling. I swear I sent him in to a state of shock.It was quite funny, but after a while I had to pinch him back to reality.

Later in the day I was outside running around. I've always loved running -and anything that involved running, or skating. So I pretty much loved every sport that's ever existed. The answer to your question is hell yes, I'm extremely athletic. Not that anyone cared, but I was that girl. That one girl who seemed like she could do it all. I was top of all my classes and I was on every sports team you could find. Along with being in an array of different clubs. I was popular, even though I was one of the many rebellious kids in our town. Instead of being bullied for dying my hair, piercing my tongue, and all eyeliner, I was instead liked for being funny and nice and I didn't hate anyone who didn't give me a reason to. That being said, I got just as much hate because let's face it, I'm a blunt person. I speak my mind, but like I cared.

My parents had been right. I was a girl who hated the mere thought of high school, but it turned out to be the best years I'd ever had. Then I got my technology degrees and I was the happiest girl on the planet with a ring on my finger. I had my whole future planned out. On top of being a graphic designer, I was asked to model on my board one day and then I was taking two jobs on. It crashed and burned the day I found Sargent Miller standing on my doorstep. I suddenly stopped on a dime, halfway around the parking lot track I had formed. I shok my head, blurring the memory in my mind.

So what did my mind decide to flip to? Alex. Of course. It was weird though. Even with the months of being home in Vancouver and the multiple sessions my family pushed me in to. I had never been ready to let go. I kept the picture and wore the necklace religiously. Then I met Alex, and it was like a reset button on everything. Memories began fading and as much I remembered that I loved Tristan, he wasn't here. I loved him, but I wasn't in love with him or his memory anymore. I guess that's why I'm bitchy with Alex, because he made me want to move on and I just tore apart. He was the reason I wanted to let go now, because I looked at him and I saw something I'd only seen with Tristan. I didn't know what it was, I guess you could call it their aura or some shit like it. It was like they radiated the same energy.

Then it made it worse for me, all the staring. It was like freshman year all over again. Thats when it started tearing me apart, because I didn't know what to think or do. So instead my bitch level shot up and I let my mouth run. Then we were at the rink and that guy just could not take a hint. I didn't even realized Alex had followed me until he showed up behind me. That was when I decided I should give the kid a chance, on the condition he's start to actually talk around me. Then last night, I had lost track of time sitting outside, but I needed to sit and think. I was contemplating either ripping the picture to shreds or tucking it back in to the box I kept it in. When I threw that picture in the fire, I was not only trying to tell Alex something, I was doing something that was long over-due. Cutting my ties.

While I'd been running, I wasn't keeping track of time. So I stopped and grabbed my board, hoping to just relax a little bit more. To help I put my ear phones in and drowned out the rest of the world and replaced it with Matchbox Twenty.

Alex's P.O.V.

We (meaning the band) were watching Jessica run lap after lap around the parking lot. "How the fuck does she do it?" Rian asked "She's a runner. Plus she plays about every sport known to mankind." at this point she was on her skateboard, ear phones in and not giving a fuck. I caught sight of the tank top under her hoodie, "Looks like there's hope for the world after all. The girl's a Ravens fan." I said, laughing a bit. "Just don't talk to her about hockey. Jess may live in Baltimore, but she's a Canadian girl at heart." Zack said, and his face changed as if he realized something, "I HEARD THE WORD HOCKEY." a voice rang out through the lot. "Shit, she shouldn't have been able to hear me." he mumbled, not realizing the blonde right behind him. "You should know Zack, that me of all people have their ears tuned for specific words. Words like hockey." Jessica smirked, taking a seat beside me.

Jess kept her eyes on the field in front of us. Yet some how she saw Jack's mouth open, probably to once again use a line on her. "Any word comes out of your mouth, Barakat, and I will choke you." she snapped and I laughed as he shut his mouth snap tight."Come on, don't be so harsh. We kinda need our guitarist." I told her and this time she laughed, "It gets repetitive. By the end of the 11th grade I'd heard every line in the book." it wasn't a question why. If she was half as beautiful as she was now, she must have been stunning. "Now about that hockey conversation." she trailed off and laughed at the look on our faces "Relax, I'm only bad when a game is actually happening." she shook her head "Besides, season's over. Kings won." and her shoulder slumped down a bit, "Awh. Some one a Canucks fan?" I teased and she shot me a glare which quickly turned in to a smirk. "Actually, it's Bruins all the way." she said, and she burst out laughing, "Oh god, I can't even keep my own joke. Naw, it IS Canucks fo sho."

We all spent the day talking until we had to go for soundcheck. It was nice, we were all getting alone. Even Jessica and Jack were kind of ok, seeing as he stopped with all the shitty lines. "Jessica, really? You stole my band?" we all heard that voice and froze a bit, where as Jess burst out laughing. "Awh come on Matty. Even you love me. You must admit I am quite the catch." she flipped her hair over her shoulder and to my surprise, Flyzik was laughing (A/N: I'M SORRY IF I CAN'T SPELL! I'M TOO LAZY TO GOOGLE THIS SHIT) "That you are Jessie, that you are." and he took off. "Did Flyzik not just yell at us?" Jack asked in awe. "There are advantages to being me." Jessica smirked a bit. "Like what? Being so incredibly amazing that no one can hate you?" I asked. I think was the first time I've ever seen her blush. Point for Gaskarth.

"Oh you wouldn't believe how many people hate me." and I was shocked. I thought she was pretty fucking awesome. I was going to speak when the call for soundcheck stopped me. "Come on. Let's get you over there before Matt kills you. Granted, I'd probably stand there laughing, but-" and she shrugged, giggling as she held her hand out for me. I took her hand a froze as I stood up. I could've sworn a shock of electricity ran through my arm. Looks like Jess felt it too because she was glued to her spot. She quickly dropped my hand and hopped on her board, skating all the was to the arena before walking inside. I shook my head and shoved my hands in my pockets, following her as the rest of the guys were behind us, and I could feel them staring.