Monster

Found

In a cluttered room full of filing cabinets, wires, and computers with barely enough room in it for a person to make their way through sideways is a girl. She huddles beneath a desk on the far side of the room, encased in shadows. Her gaze alights on the color lock next to the door across the room, a steady green meaning the room is secure. The computer screens showcase diagrams, portraits, and numbers; still scrolling through data despite the emergency shutdown. The girl thinks back to when the alarms first sounded and the lights went out. She remembers the panic, people running all while screaming something about 'subjects' escaping. She remember crawling underneath a table in the back as one of the scientists began shoving people out the now locked door and told them to go left; that that way was the way out.

"He lied..." She mutters, shaking her head. "Why did he lie? The exits in this section all close off during shutdown except for the hidden one on the right. He knew that." She frowns shaking her head as she tries to understand, not noticing the color lock change from green to red.

"Is this it?" A smooth voice asks, startling the girl from her thoughts.
Five men shuffle into the room, oddly dressed. The white labcoats worn here are gone, replaced with 'outside' attire.

"This is the last room, we checked everywhere else."

A gold eyed man steps further into the room, going past her hiding place to a smaller computer. The sound of clicking keys resounds in the room and the remaining four shuffle about until they find a space to occupy.

"We're lost." A man with an oxygen mask says, disrupting the period of silence and staring pointedly at the largest screen in the room. His remark earns the attention of the two nearest him and they look at him curiously.

He gestures towards the screen he's been looking at in response.

"We're all that's left. Everyone else is dead, aside from Subject Zero."

"What's the chance that Subject Zero is even here? We've spent hours looking, for all we know she could've escaped by now." A blonde man states from across the room, shaking his head as he scans the monitor which is flashing pictures of the experiments with the words 'terminated' or 'escaped' in large red letters at the top.

"She couldn't escape." Four pairs of eyes turn to study another man in a jean jacket as he picks up a picture frame on the desk. He glances at it briefly, gaze flicking from the picture in the frame to one paperclipped to the paper in his hand, before he throws it over to the others. "The lead scientist would never allow it. Taeyang, I've got some basic information over here. Can you search the database for anything regarding 'Subject Double Zero- Beta'?"

The gold eyed man nods, taking the paper from him and turning back to the computer.

"Why wouldn't he allow her to escape?"

"Think about her number, zero. She'd be pretty important or unstable based on that. She's probably one of the first experiments ever done." The owner of the voice comes to a stop next to the girl's hiding place and leans against the wall, idly twisting a silver tag between his fingers. "Anything?"

"Subject Double Zero-Beta," the gold eyed man says as everyone falls silent. "Also known as Park EunMi, was the very first experiment. Subject Double Zero was age eight at the start of testing and age ten when it ended. Displayed an unusual reaction to the testing drug, mainly shown by fever and died."

"He used his own daughter..."

The girl leans from her hiding place, curiosity getting the better of her as they speak, trying to catch the words on the tag. She leans forward just enough to catch the word etched on the object and starts to retreat, but catches her foot in a tangle of wires. She throws her hands out to stop herself from smacking into the floor; eyes going wide when her fingers come in contact with the someone's shoe. She pulls her hands back into the shadows, but not quickly enough.

The man next to table drops down, peering into the semi darkness. He catches a bit of white in the dim light given off by the computer and reaches for it, his hand enclosing around the girl's and pulls her out from underneath the desk.

Red eyes study her carefully as the gold eyed man, Taeyang, makes his way over.

"Hello, Subject Zero."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts?

Thanks to: Yumho. , park Chanyeol, Garideth, MessyJessy, and Blue to help me fall.