Status: new story, just testing it out

Realize

I can't tell where the journey will end, but I know where to start

“So, what are your plans?”

I raised my eyebrow. “What plans are you talking about, Pam?”

“Well, it’s Thanksgiving. You have a boyfriend now, so I’m only assuming your plans have changed.”

I scoffed. “I’m not so sure about that. My plans did change a bit. I mean, with the broski home, I’m probably going to go to my folks’ house. Other than that, the weekend plans haven’t changed.”

Pam sent a creepy smile my way. “Well, you know that James is invited here anytime.”

“I know,” I got up off the couch. “Thanks.”

I walked to my room, and began to get ready for work. I hated working the night before Thanksgiving, but it was like an honoured tradition. I work, then have a chick flick night with D and Pam, then have a huge lavish dinner with the boyfriends. Of course, this year is a bit different. For the first time since we all moved in together, I have a boyfriend.

After getting dressed, I made my way to the door. Opening it, I saw the smiling face of said boyfriend.

“Why, hello, sir. What can I do for you on this fine Wednesday?”

He smiled and cocked his head to the side. “Well, I wanted to see if you would like a ride to work.”

I smiled. “Well, then how would I get home?”

“Well, I was hoping you could come with me somewhere.”

I turned and saw Pamela smirking. Turning back to James, I shook my head. “Well, we have trad—“

“She’d love to.” Pam walked up and wrapped an arm around my shoulders. I gave her a “what the hell?” look and turned to James. He had a shit-eatin’ grin on his face.

“Looks like you’re in.”

“I’m in.” I walked out of the door and looped my arm through James’.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

James’ POV

While driving Roxy to work, I was wondering whether or not to tell her about the plans I had in place for after her shift. I figured she would have some kind of plans for Thanksgiving so I decided to try and snake her away for a night of our own.

I looked over at her when we were at a red light. She was looking out the window. I found myself just allowing the smile to form on my face. I didn’t hold it back. I must have been staring at her for the whole light change, because Roxy brought my out of my trance.

“James, the light is green.”

I looked away from Roxy and continued through the intersection.

“Sorry, I was..”

“Being creepy and staring at me?”

“No! I wasn’t being creepy!” I shook my head. “I was just thinking about tonight.”

“About that. Do I even get a hint as to what we’re doing?”

I shrugged my shoulders. “I don’t know. Do you deserve a hint?”

“What is this Christmas? Are you making a naughty or nice list?”

“No,” I laughed. “I’m just asking.”

“Well, I think I do.”

The car stopped in the parking lot at her work. I turned to Roxy and leaned close to her.

“I’ll text you the details.” I whispered against her lips. She pressed her lips against mine. Pulling away, she rested her forehead on mine.

“Okay. I guess I can live with that. I have something to ask you when you come get me, too.”

“Uh oh, should I be worried?”

I watched her bangs shake over my eyes. “No, not at all.”

With one last kiss, and a smile, she was out of my car and walked into the bar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Roxy’s POV

My shift was half done and it was break time. I ran over to my jacket to see if I had gotten a text message. Opening my phone, I saw that I had seven unread messages. I smiled, hoping one of them would be James.

Dinner is a 4:00 tomorrow. I scoffed. Thanks for the umpteenth reminder, Mom.

Clue #1: You and me. I raised an eyebrow. What the heck does that mean, James?

Clue #2: Dinner and a movie

Clue #3: Clothing optional I felt my cheeks get red. Trying not to read into it too much and have someone like Roman come in and see my like this, I moved on to the next message.

Are you bringing this James boy your brother has told me about? I smirked.

The other two were from Denise and Pamela, telling me to have a good time with James. I smiled and was about to put my phone away. I heard my phone begin to ring and looked at the call display.

“Well, doesn’t someone know when I’m on break?”

I heard a chuckle on the other end of the line. “Well, I was going to leave a provocative voicemail, but I guess that’s out of the question.”

“Provocative, huh? How so?”

“Well, you know I’d talk about…things, and…us…and, such.”

“James, I’m sorry, but if that is your dirty talk, you may need lessons.”

“I’m sorry, I just wasn’t expecting you to answer. I got…tongue-tied.”

“Okay, okay. Did you want me to hang up and then you can call back and I won’t answer?”

“Now, you’re just making fun of me.” I laughed.

“Okay, I’m sorry.”

“So, I’ll pick up right after work, then we’ll come back to my place is that okay?”

“Of course. I’m all about traditions, but I now have someone else to think about, so I’m just gonna make new traditions.”

“Speaking of having new people in our lives, what was that thing you wanted to ask me?”

I bit my lip, wondering if I should ask him or not. I wasn’t sure as to just where we were in our relationship. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

“It can wait.”

“Okay. I’ll let you get back to work.”

We hung up and I leaned against the wall where my jacket hung. My phone buzzed in my hand.

By the way, your brother invited me to dinner tomorrow. I hope that’s okay.

I closed my eyes and let out a heavy sigh. Before I would reply to James, I had something to say to someone else. I let my fingers do the talking.

Thank you
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I was going to post this big long chapter, but I decided to tweak it just a little bit. I didn't want to take too long with this chapter, so I broke it into two parts. I love the ending of the second part, but I'm still iffy on the ending of this one.

Hope y'all like it.

steph <3

Chapter title from "wake me up" by Avicii