Wonderwall

Thirteen

I waited alone, for what seemed like forever, hoping that the boys had some sort of plan for my rescue, which was a slim chance since they almost always went into problems gun blazing. I heard the door opening, light pouring into the blackness, my heart beating in the anticipation of the unknown.

‘Alright, Iris. You ready to play your part?’ Katie walked up to the cage, unlocking the door with an old key. She was with two other male vampires this time, all of them not bothering to hide their fangs.

I backed to the far end of the cage, ‘If you think I’m going to willingly help you kill my friends, you’re dead wrong.’

‘Luckily, your consent is not needed,’ Katie snapped her fingers, the two men lunging at me. I kicked as hard as I could, thrashing my body in an effort to free myself from their arms, but it was no use. They carried me out of the cage with ease, placing me down in a worn wooden chair in the center of the room. I was then bounded to it by thick rope, my mouth being covered with a dirty, white rag.

‘Now, that wasn’t so hard, was it?’ Katie patted my head, walking over to a power switch and turning it on, bringing light into the dark abyss I had become used to.

I blinked hard, adjusting my eyes to the now normally lit room. All the vampires from before, even Sebastian, were crowded around me, awaiting the arrival of the Winchesters.

‘Remember the plan, friends,’ Sebastian spoke, his voice calm. He didn’t seem as anxious as the others, standing tall and still.

‘Are you sure about this, boss? I mean-‘ One of the vampires spoke, his tone apprehensive.

‘I’m certain, Nate. Do not doubt my decision, it is best for us all.’

I kept my gaze on Katie as the other vampires conversed, my distrust being the greatest for her. She was a loose cannon, even for a vampire, and I knew that she had been eyeing the veins in my neck since the moment I was captured.

She caught me staring at her, her lips curling up in her famous smile, ‘Maybe we should take a little taste of our guest here, boss. I’m sure her little boyfriend wouldn’t mind if I had just a small sip,’ Katie walked over to me, bending down to my neck. She swiftly moved my hair to the side and smelt my skin, laughing. I sucked in a breath, closing my eyes, hoping that someone would stop her.

‘You get the hell away from her, you bitch!’ Dean busted into the door, Sammy close behind him, a large machete in hand.

‘Ah, how charming,’ Katie scoffed, backing away from me.

The vampires hissed, crouching down into what I assumed to be their attacking positions. I shook the chair, trying to escape, the wooden legs knocking against the floor.

‘Hello, Dean, Sam. Pleasure to finally meet you,’ Sebastian stepped forward, his fangs still hidden within a charming smile.

‘I just came for Iris. That’s all I want,’ Dean looked back and forth from Sebastian and I, trying his best to look under control; although I knew he was on the edge of being unglued.

‘Are you sure that’s all you came for, Dean? Because I’ve been hearing things, you know, that you’ve been searching for something else,’ Sebastian paused, seeing if Dean or Sam would catch on to where he was going, but neither of them replied, standing guarded with their weapons ready, ‘A gun to be more exact. You people call it the colt, I believe.’

‘What do you know about the colt?’ Sammy spoke up, stepping forward to stand next to dean.

‘More than you think, Sam. It’s a powerful weapon, far too dangerous for you mere mortals to handle. I mean, it can kill any supernatural being and you buffoons would waste this special gift on a revenge kill for the demon that murdered your poor, innocent mother. Tragic as it is, I just don’t think you deserve it.’

‘You have the colt?’ Dean asked, narrowing his eyes.

Sebastian smiled, ‘Yes, I do, Dean. And I’m willing to make a trade for it,’ He paused again, this time for a dramatic affect, ‘The girl or the gun.’

Dean and Sam were silent, both of them looking at each other with hopeless eyes.

‘The girl,’ Dean finally stated, stepping closer towards me.

‘Are you sure about this?’ Sebastian asked, seeming surprised by their answer.

‘100 percent positive.’

‘Very well then, Dean. Realease her,’ Sebastian motioned to Katie, the ropes around me being slowly loosened. The skin around my ankles and wrists were red and irritated, making it feel as if my skin had been burned.

‘Wait a minute,’ Sebastian stopped me as I began my descent to Sam and Dean, my stomach dropping with the thoughts of what might come next. I couldn’t even imagine what he wanted now, but I was certain it wasn’t anything pleasant for us. He laughed for a few minutes, smiling suspiciously at the boys, the tension in the room running high, ‘Did you honestly think we were going to give her to you and just let you go like that? I thought you Winchester’s were supposed to be smart.’

The vampires around me began laughing, their fangs coming into view. I watched as Dean clenched his hands into fits, his face loosing all remnants of rationality.

‘We don’t want any trouble,’ Sam stepped beside his brother, trying to talk reason into creatures that had no moral code of ethics. It was useless, but Sammy continued to pry.

‘Look, it’s just the way the cycle goes, boys. You kill one of us, we kill 3 of you. It’s simple. I’m just sorry we didn’t have more time to connect,’ Sebastian spoke calmly, a smile still spread across his pale face, snapping his finger to signal his vampire followers to attack. Katie grabbed onto me instantly, while four large male vampires rushed to circle Sam and Dean.

I squirmed as best as I could, but Katie’s inhuman strength over-powered me easily and without a weapon of any sorts, I was rendered helpless.

‘You’ll never get away with this, you son of a bitch,’ Dean screamed, as the rest of the clan made their way over to them.

Katie was still laughing, holding onto me for dear life, her long fingers clutching desperately at my arms. She was extremely anxious, waiting for Sebastian’s final signal, the signal that would end all three of our lives. I kept my gaze on their leader, like Katie had been doing, wanting to know the exact moment when her fangs would break though my neck, causing what I imagined to be an excruciating amount of pain. I never imagined the possibility of actually dying like this, I always thought that there would be some way we could get around it, some way we could escape from being cornered, but there wasn’t a damn thing any of us could do now. Even if Sam and Dean had weapons, it wouldn’t be enough to kill the fifteen vampires that now circled them hungrily, their dark eyes filled with a bloodthirsty lust. I found myself, in the arms of a vicious predator, trying to come to terms with my life in the brief time that I had left.

‘You leave my family alone, Sebastian,’ I heard a yell from the corner of the room, the vampires now becoming eerily silent.

‘John…’, Sebastian’s faced drop, replacing his smile for a dark scowl.

‘You didn’t think I would miss this re-union, did you?’ John walked over to us, smiling like he was greeting an old friend.
I looked over at Dean and Sam, their mouths dropped down and eyes opened wide. I watched as a small smile began to form on Dean’s face, despite the fact that he was surrounded by killers.

‘I have something you want,’ John began, whistling to someone outside. Bobby then walked in with a small woman in his arms, who was tied up much like I had been.

‘Serafina?’ Sebastian yelled, his face twisting with concern.

‘That’s right. You thought we would just come in here without a plan? I thought you vampires were supposed to be smarter than that,’ John retorted, a smile still present on his face.

Sebastian sighed in defeat, ‘Okay, okay. I’ll give you the girl if you give me mine.’

‘Not good enough,’ Bobby said.

‘It’s a fair trade, John. I’m letting you live, despite the fact that you killed my brethren,’ Sebastian was loosing his calm now, fitting in more with the rest of his followers.

Katie’s grip was beginning to loosen, her fingers slowly lifting from my arms. She was concerned, obviously, for her leader and didn’t seem to notice when I grabbed the knife from her belt. I held it tight in my hands, ready to use it if need be.

‘Give us the colt, Sebastian,’ John narrowed his eyebrows, ‘Or we’ll kill you all.’

Everyone laughed like John had told a joke, but I knew he wasn’t kidding. It wasn’t impossible and John thrived on taking slim chances.

‘Kill us? You wouldn’t even be able to injure one of my children,’ Sebastian continued laughing, his smile back on his face.

John nodded, pausing for a second.

I knew then that our attack was going to begin, so I took a quick look around me to see the predators I would have to defeat. There was Katie, who still had somewhat of a grip on me, and then three others. Sebastian was in the middle and there was about seven around Sam and Dean, but with Bobby and John there, they would have them cleared out in no time.

‘Let’s just see about that,’ John said, swishing out a blade from his back and slicing the head from one of the seven around on his boys. Bobby quickly killed Serafina, running to John’s aid.

Katie’s grip tightened around me as the fight began and I heard her fangs coming close to my neck, my hands being ready to strike with the blade. It was small, but big enough to buy me some time. I then swung my arm, the knife making contact with her head. She pushed away immediately and I pulled it from her, backing up to put some space in between us.

‘Iris, take this!’ Bobby yelled, throwing over a sword.

The four vampires around me looked at it as it dinged against their floor, their eyes slowly moving back to me. I lunged for it, as did they, my fingers reaching the handle first. Katie jumped towards me, her fangs out and ready. I swung the blade as she came closer, her head and body flopping down to the ground separately.

I then got up, blade in hand; ready to take on the other three that now surrounded me. It was quick, though, all of them lunging at me one at a time, making it easy to eliminate them. I was bloody by the end of it, my white t-shirt and jeans stained permanently with red.

The boys were finishing up once I was done, with only Sebastian left. I watched as he handed them over a gun, which I assumed to be the colt, regret painted on his face.

‘That’s what you get for underestimating the Winchesters,’ John said, slashing his blade one last time against Sebastian’s neck.

We stood in silence for a while, looking around at the turmoil we had caused. The room was now a mess, bodies with missing heads scattered around on the now bloodstained floor. We had wiped out an entire nest of Vampires, which obviously, wasn’t a very easy thing to do.

‘Iris!’ Dean yelled, running over to me and placing his arms around me. ‘Are you okay?’ He checked my neck and arms for any bite marks, nervously scanning me over.

‘I’m fine, really,’ I attempted to smile, placing my hand on his check to calm him down.

‘Good to see you again, Iris,’ Bobby walked over now, throwing his arms around me for a big hug.

‘You too, Bobby. How’s the FBI headquarters holding up?’ I asked.

He laughed, throwing his arm around me, ‘It’s good, real good. My friend Rufus is handling that right now.’

I nodded, my gaze moving over to John.

‘Iris,’ He stated, ‘Long time no see, kid,’ he threw his arms around me like the others had, ‘You got so big!’

‘That does seem to happen,’ I smiled as we parted, Sammy coming over to us now.

We went through the routine of hugging and being happy the other was okay, Bobby pulling up the car as we talked. We piled in once the Impala had made its way to the doors, driving off into the night.

The ride home was silent, like they always were after hunts. It was a time for us to reflect on what we could’ve done better and how things could’ve ended up differently; good or bad. I looked out the window, darkness covering every inch of scenery that had been there before. There wasn’t much to look at, but watching the occasional glimpse of light pass by was calming.

We arrived at the motel within a few minutes, piling out of the car and into the room. I took an immediate seat on the bed, Sammy rushing towards the shower before the others had even made it to the room. We all were soaked in blood, sweat and dirt, but Sam always had a problem with being dirty for long periods of time.

‘Iris, can I talk to you?’ John peeked through the doorway, Dean pushing the door fully open and walking around him.

‘Sure,’ I stated, grabbing Dean’s jacket and hugging it around myself.

I then walked outside, quickly, following John into the darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to get this posted! Hope you guys enjoy it! c: