Wonderwall

Three

I was the first to wake up in our room, turning to face the digital clock on the bedside table. The green numbers on the screen read 7:30; the earliest I had been up in a while. Looking at Dean and Sam I had realized that the two wouldn’t be conscious for at least another hour and there wasn’t anyway that I could force sleep upon myself. I then stretched up my arms above my head and crawled out of the covers as quietly as I could, grabbing a change of clothes and my toothbrush from my bags. I tip toed into the bathroom, closing the door behind me and changing into the outfit I had snatched. I quickly brushed my teeth and exited the bathroom, slipping on my shoes as I headed to towards the door. I then left the room, with twenty dollars in my pocket, and made my way to the front desk to ask where the nearest coffee shop was located. The lady working had directed me to a place down the road and I had decided to walk, not wanting to irritate Dean by driving his car.

I hugged my jacket close against my body as I walked, the autumn wind nipping at my exposed face and hands. The town was small and quiet; the perfect location for a morning walk and it had made it much easier to find the café.

When I entered the shop, it was practically empty, with no long, irritating line to wait in. I walked right up to the counter and ordered two black coffees and a dozen glazed donuts; the boys favorite breakfast. I gave the man at the counter the 20, letting him keep the change, and shoved a handful of cream and sugar packets into my jacket. I then started the walk back to the motel and reached the room at 8:15, finding Sammy at the table, typing away on his laptop.

“You didn’t have to do that, you know,” Sammy looked up as I sat down the food on the table, smiling warmly at me.

‘It was no problem, really. You guys need to eat anyways,’ I took a seat across from him, grabbing a glazed pastry and joining him.

‘Is that donuts I smell?’ Dean rose up from the bed, his voice gruff with sleep.

‘Yeah, Iris got em for us!’ Sammy’s mouth was full of food as he spoke, crumbs of the donut lingering around his lips.

Dean smiled widely, making his way over to the table. He hurriedly picked up a donut and shoved it into his mouth, taking a giant gulp of coffee. ‘Thanks Iris!’

‘Yep, no problem,’ I smiled up at him, finishing off my breakfast.

Cas and Dahlia then walked into the room, their faces rough and stern.
‘Have you figured out what strategy we will be using?’ Castiel asked, his eyes glued to the food.

‘Not exactly. I just got up,’ Dean ran a hand through his hair, retrieving another donut and placing it into his mouth.

‘Do you have any cheeseburgers by chance?’ Cas looked at me for a second before returning his gaze to the food.

‘Cheeseburgers? Its 7:30 in the morning,’ I laughed, holding out a donut towards him, ‘But try this. They’re good.’

Cas looked questioningly at it, furrowing his eyebrows and turning his head slightly to the side.

‘Dammit, Cas, just take it. No need to examine the damn thing,’ Dean scoffed, shaking his head.

Cas slowly took it from me, placing the entire donut into his mouth, ‘It’s extremely delicious. May I have another?’ His facial expression hadn’t changed and I was convinced he was being sarcastic, but I pushed him the box with a smile.

Dean and Sam then began to bicker back and forth on where to start for our search and how to go about entering the town. Dahlia even added her opinion every once in a while, which was surprising, but Cas just sat wide-eyed on the end of the bed, devouring the remainder of the donuts. I had tried sitting quietly on the bed, flipping through pages of the local newspaper, for about a half an hour when I had decided to leave the room and explore. No one had even noticed me exiting and I figured they all needed time alone anyways.

I had decided to walk the opposite directions as the town and had come across a small forest, entering through a slight space in the brush. The trees were large, with thick, brown stumps and the leaves had just begun to change; many of them greenish-yellow in color. I walked along a dirt path I had discovered, passing a flowing creek that divided the forest in two halves, until I had came across a small campsite. It looked very peculiar; foreign symbols were drawn into the dirt and salt rimmed the perimeter of the tent and fire pit. At this point, I had decided to turn around, not wanting to disturb the inhabitants.

I had reached the parking lot, hoping to see them gearing up to leave, but was disappointed when I found no trace of them. I was gone an hour and a half and had thought that it would’ve been plenty of time for the group to argue and come to an agreement, but obviously, it wasn’t.

I got to the room and heard the faint remnants of voices inside, placing the key in the lock and opening the door.

“Where the hell were you?” Dean immediately stormed at me as I entered the room, his voice intense. I could tell he was worried, but had attempted to hide it with anger.

“ I..um..I took a walk,” I stuttered, backing up against the door. I hated seeing him when he was irritated, especially when it was directed towards me.
Dean lowered his voice, but his negative tone remained, ‘Why the hell didn’t you say anything?’
I could feel everyone staring at me which had caused me to tense up and stutter nervously, ‘I…uh… I just-‘

‘Leave her alone, Dean. She didn’t do anything wrong,’ Sammy stated, causing Dean to turn around to look at him.

Dean glanced at me once again, before storming off into the bathroom.

‘Thanks, Sammy,’ I gave him a small smile, taking a seat at the table.

Cas had gone to check on Dean and Dahlia, at the same place when I had left, was seated by the window of the room, gazing out at the parking lot.

‘How was your walk?’ Sammy asked, opening up his laptop once again.

‘It was nice. I found this little forest by our motel and explored for a bit,’ I answered, looking around at the decorations of our room.

‘See anything cool?’ Sammy’s eyes remained on the computer screen as he spoke; his attention directed mostly to whatever he was looking at.

‘Not really,’ I sighed, trying to think if there was anything valuable to share him with, when I had suddenly remembered the campsite, ‘Actually, I did find this campsite. It was really strange. There was all these symbols in the dirt and it was surrounded by what I think was salt. I’m not really sure. I left as soon as I found it.’

Sammy’s head shot up, his eyes wide with curiosity, ‘Where? Is it far?’

‘No, not all. It’s probably like a 15 minute walk, if that,’ I stated, watching Sammy get up from his chair to run over to Dean, ‘Is everything okay?’

‘Do you think you could take us to this campsite?’ Dean walked over to me, his voice now filled with the same curiosity as Sam’s. ‘We think it might be our Dad’s’.

‘Wait, really? Why would you think that?’

‘The symbols that you saw in the dirt were for protection, and the salt is too. It’s what my dad always did,’ Sammy explained, slipping on his jacket.

‘Protection from what?’ I stood up from my chair, raising my eyebrows in confusion.

‘Whatever thing my dad was trying to gank. Its precautions that all us hunters take,’ Dean explained, slipping on his brown boots.

I nodded, trying to make it look like I had understood exactly what the two were explaining when, in all honesty, I had no idea.

‘Iris, would you mind leading us there now?’ Sam asked, his brown eyes filled with an eager intensity.

‘Yeah, sure. Do you think he’s there?’ I kept asking questions, which had made me feel like an annoyance, but I couldn’t help it. I was extremely curious and confused, to say the least.

‘Maybe, maybe not. We’re just hoping the son of a bitch left something to help us out,’ Dean stated, grabbing his keys and rushing out the door.

He had told Cas to stay there with Dahlia, just in case we needed a backup plan to help us out of a dangerous situation, and they agreed without hesitation.

We arrived at the campsite quicker than I had expected, due to the fact that Dean and Sam were practically sprinting through the woods, making it extremely difficult to keep up.

‘It’s definitely Dad’s,’ Sam stated, kneeling down to pick up the salt in between his fingers.

‘Without a doubt,’ Dean agreed, examining the symbols in the dirt.

I had then decided to explore the tent, since Dean and Sam looked as If they had the outside perimeter covered. It was fairly empty, with just a small blanket and pillow, with a few empty water bottles. I then knelt down to move the covers over, when I had discovered a few pieces of old parchment paper. I quickly picked them up and scanned them over, trying to decipher the foreign information on the pages before me.

‘What’d you find?’ Sam asked, looking over my shoulders at the clues I had found.

‘I’m not exactly sure,’ I squinted my eyes and turned one of the pages to the side, trying to understand the strange drawing depicted on it.

‘Dad’s notes,’ Sam whispered under his breathe, taking a page from my hand, ‘He must’ve left this there for us.’

‘What’s a…..shape shifter?’ I asked, reading the description beneath the picture I had been studying.

Sam grabbed it from me; looking it over himself, wonder filling his eyes.

‘It’s this creature that can take the shape of a human. Usually by just touching someone,’ Sam explained, his eyes still glued onto his father’s notes.

‘They’re nasty son’s of bitches too; real hard to track down. Dad must’ve been in the middle of a gig when he left,’ Dean chimed in, entering the tent and observing the inside.

‘We should go into town and see if anything strange has been going on,’ Sam suggested, tossing Dean the papers and exiting the tent.

‘Sounds like a plan, Sammy,’ Dean agreed, walking away from the campsite, notes in hand, towards the car.

‘Do you have any idea why your father would just abandon everything here?’ I asked, following closely behind Dean.

‘To be honest, I have no idea. I just have a feeling that he planned it though, like he wanted us to find this campsite and kill the skin walker for him,’ Sam suggested as we approached the car, opening my door for me.

Dean threw the papers in the back and jumped into the drivers seat, speeding off towards the motel.

‘Aren’t we going into town?’ I asked, confused, as Dean pulled into the motel lot, parking the car carelessly between two spots.

‘First, we got to change. Then we can go,’ Dean exited the car and I followed.

‘Change for what?’
Dean laughed, grabbing something from his pocket to hand it to me. I opened the black flaps and read the words, ‘FBI’ in big blue letters with the name Elisabeth Tyler scrawled beneath it. Beside it was my high school yearbook photo and a gold badge was placed at the bottom.

‘What the hell is this?’ I asked, even more confused than before, ‘And who is Elizabeth Tyler?’

‘You. Welcome aboard, Special Agent,’ Dean smirked, opening our room and retrieving a navy blue suit from his suitcase.

‘The badges and the whole FBI get up is how we find out all of the confidential info in town,’ Sammy elaborated, also grabbing his suit from his bag.

‘You guys do this a lot, don’t you?’ I asked, noticing how oddly accustomed and prepared the boys were to committing fraud

‘All the time,’ Dean replied, throwing me a black skirt and a white blouse, ‘Here, change into that. You’ll need to look convincing.’

Without hesitation, most likely due to the initial shock, I put on the outfit and followed the boys into the car, crossing my fingers that our disguise would go off without a hitch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! c: