Wonderwall

Five

I bolted into the room, fuming, causing the door to slam against the wall and rattle the picture frames upon it. How could Dean expect me to be perfectly fine with this? I mean, I practically put my entire life on hold for him and this is how he decides to repay me? By sticking me in a dirty motel alone? I paced angrily around the room for what seemed like forever, rehearsing how I would approach Dean when they had finally returned. But, even going through the motions of our soon to come altercation couldn’t settle my nerves and after 15 minutes of following his orders, I had decided to leave and meet up with them at the warehouse. I soon realized that walking would be out of the question and with no other sensible options, I was forced to steal a car from the parking lot. I had remembered Dean teaching me how to do this back when we were kids and I figured it wouldn’t be too challenging to figure out the details I had forgotten.

After scoping out the parking lot, I decided on a non-conspicuous gray truck that was quite old and disheveled; and I figured that the owners wouldn’t even notice or acknowledge its absence. I reached the car quickly, sliding a broken bobby pin into the drivers side lock; just as Dean had taught me. After a few twists the door opened with ease, allowing me to situate myself. I leaned down below the dashboard to find various colors of wires all tangled together in a huge mess. After cutting a few with the knife I had grabbed and randomly sparking them together, the car started. I quickly put it into drive and slammed down onto the gas, speeding away to where I thought the warehouse was located.
I flew down the one paved road the town had, looking rapidly at my scenery to try and discover the Impala. After ten minutes of constantly jerking my head from left to right, I finally spotted it within a few large shrubs. Parking closely beside it, I jumped from my car and followed a small dirt path that seemed to lead to a large clearing in the distance. I ran swiftly to the glade, hoping to make an entrance, my feet pounding hard against the cold damp ground.

As the greenery came to an end, I was led directly to the warehouse. It was enormous and rusted, seeming as if it would collapse with too much strain. I could feel myself smile as I quickly approached what I thought to be the entrance that Dean and Sam and entered through. I felt quite accomplished in finding the warehouse with such ease and, I hoped, that this would prove my abilities to Dean.
I stepped easily through an opening between the large metal doors, knowing that this was exactly where they had started. As I began my descent to the boys, I had realized that it was much more darker than I had originally anticipated. I cursed myself for not bringing a flashlight along, being forced to use the dull glow of my phone for guidance. I walked slowly into the first hallway, my heart beginning to quicken its pace. I looked around as I continued on, spotting footprints in the mixture of dirt and dust that lied beneath me. With the shoe tracks as my only lead, I began to follow them through mazes of dark corridors, slowly leading me deeper and deeper into the heart of the factory. Suddenly, the footprints had stopped, causing me to halt abruptly in my place. I looked up from the ground and noticed a small door directly in the location that the trails had ended. I looked around for a moment before placing my ear against the rotted wood. At first, only the sound of silence had made its way to me, but just as I began to lift my head from the door, I heard faint, muffled, hums coming from the other end.

With the chance of it being someone in need, I took no time in busting open the door, slamming it loud against a metal wall. Dust particles flew rapidly around me as I stepped in, my vision clogged with gray clouds of powder. I swung my arms angrily, clearing the air around me, to find Dahlia; all binded up with rope and duct tape. For the first time since being in her company, I finally saw a strike of emotion upon her face; relief.
I ran immediately to her side, freeing her hands first and then helping her undo the knots upon her feet; Dahlia removing the duct tape on her mouth herself. ‘What the hell happened?’ I asked, helping her stand up from the ground.

‘Shape shifter,’ She replied, looking rapidly around the room. ‘He ambushed us the second we entered the warehouse,’

‘We’ll, where did Castiel go? I mean, isn’t he an angel? Couldn’t he have taken the-‘

‘The bastard banished him,’ She pointed to symbols upon the wall in front of us, written in what seemed to be blood. ‘He’s a strong one; stronger than the others I’m used too, and clever. Extremely clever,’ She ran a hand through her hair, letting her emotions fully express themselves. She seemed quite stressed, and although it should’ve caused me to be tenser, it strangely calmed me down.

‘I’m guessing you weren’t the ones to call Sam and Dean then?’ I asked, even though I knew the answer.

She shook her head, her eyebrows furrowing, ‘We need to find them, before that thing does, or else they’re screwed.’

I swallowed hard, the comfort I once felt vanishing from my system.

‘Come one, I think I know where they might be,’ Dahlia walked swiftly out of the room, me following closely. My original plan to stroll gradually through the factory, so as to not startle anything, was thrown entirely out the window because, now, all that mattered was finding Dean and Sam.

We eventually made it out of the labyrinth of hallways and approached a large, open vicinity, filled with shelves upon shelves of lumber. Dahlia and I slowed as we continued, our footsteps quietly echoing through the dark room. I watched as she narrowed her eyes, attempting to focus them on the shadowy settings before us. Granted, it was brighter than the path we had been on, but the details of our surroundings were still difficult to interpret.

Her eyes then flew open wide, focusing on what looked like a person, crumbled up in a corner ahead of us, ‘It’s Sammy,’ She stated, her voice returning to its normal emotionless tone, ‘Go find the other one, I have him covered.’ She then jogged away without another word towards who she believed to be Sammy. I watched until I was sure she was okay before heading off into the darkness.

I walked for a quite awhile, my phone in hand, investigating the endless aisles that filled the room. I had contemplated calling out for Dean, but using the common sense skills I had acquired from watching various horror films that mocked my situation, I decided against it. Instead, I continued my journey through the darkness, aimlessly walking in and out of the passageways. I felt myself zoning out at as I continued, letting my mind wander to the thought of Sam’s condition. I hoped desperately that he was fine and suffered no critical damage, but I felt myself concluding the worst about his situation. I soon became anxious and began to turn around in his direction, when I heard grunting coming from a few aisles ahead. I froze for a second, but quickly began to sprint towards the noises.

There on the floor, twenty feet in front of me, was Dean, with a burly man on top of him, his thick hands wrapped tight around his neck. The shape shifter’s back was too me and I knew that he was unaware of my presence, since he didn’t have any sort of reaction when I approached the battle scene. I could see Dean squirming helplessly, his body convulsing underneath the shape shifter as he attempted to break free. I looked frantically around for something to use, anything that could help me save Dean, and that’s when I spotted it; a silver sword. I picked it up hurriedly and ran over to the fight, closing my eyes and swinging the blade as hard as I could. It felt natural, almost as if I had done it time and time before, like I was taught exactly what to do in this type of situation. I then felt the edge hit an object, a small splash of blood hitting my face. The sword had sliced through whatever I hit with ease and I decided it safe to open my eyes when a heard a thump on the floor. I looked down at where the sound had came from to find the shape shifters head lying at the base of my feet.

Dean pushed the headless body off of his, brushing off the dust on his worn leather jacket. He got up to his feet and finally had noticed who his savior was, his eyes wide with confusion.

“Iris? I thought I told you to-‘ He spoke slowly, unsure of what had just happened.

‘To stay at the motel? We’ll I did, for about 15 minutes, and then I came here to find your sorry ass getting kicked by some low-life monster,’ I smiled slyly, wiping the blood from my face.

‘But how did you.-?’

‘Get here? I hotwired a car, just like you taught me.’

He nodded, taking a second to let the information sink in, ‘I guess I was wrong then. About everything.’

‘Hey, don’t worry about. Just know that the next time you decide to pull a stunt like that, you’ll end up like this shape shifter here,’ I smiled, pointing the sword at the parts of him that lied on the ground.

He laughed, stepping closer to me, ‘Thanks.’

‘Oh, uh, no problem. I mean, it wasn’t that big of a deal, anybody could’ve done it. It was nothing special, really,’ I rambled nervously, as he backed me up against an aisle, lifting his hand to caress my cheek.

He began to lean in towards me, his eyes slowly closing. I could feel my heart beat hard against as my chest as the distance between our mouths became smaller and smaller, my body freezing in its place. I soon felt his breath upon my lips and I then felt it okay to close my eyes, letting go a large breathe as I did so.

‘Hey! There you are, we’ve been looking all-‘ Sam ran into the aisle, stopping shortly in his path, his mouth gaped open. He began to laugh nervously, ‘I didn’t mean to, uh, interrupt anything.’

I shoved Dean away, clearing my throat. My face was burning hot and I thought my flesh was going to seep off of me, ‘Nope, nope. You weren’t interrupting anything, Uh, we…we were, uh just discussing how…how…uh’ I frantically looked around the room, my eyes catching Sam’ shirt, ‘how nice you look in plaid!’ I spat out, before realizing how ridiculous I had sounded, ‘yep, that’s all. Nothing more.’

I looked over at Dean, who didn’t look embarrassed in the slightest; just amused, ‘You do look great in plaid, Sammy,’ he shrugged, acting as if we really were just discussing his brother’s outfit.

‘Right,’ Sammy rolled his eyes before catching a glimpse of the shape shifters body behind us, ‘Who did that?’

‘Iris did actually. She cut the bastard’s head right off, samarui style,’ Dean looked proudly at me, nodding his head in approval.

Sammy was about to speak, when Dahlia interrupted him, emerging from the darkness, ‘There you guys are. We should go, Cas will be worried.’

‘Where the hell is he anyways?’ Dean asked, looking around as if he might find him that way.

‘The shape shifter banished him,’ I replied, beginning the walk back to the entrance.

Dean nodded and followed us, asking questions on events that had occurred until his curiosity was satisfied. After that, the walk was spent in silence, although not awkward. It was more of a content stillness and, truthfully, I had enjoyed it. We reached the cars quickly, leaving the one I had stolen behind at the warehouse. Dean had thought it best to just leave it be, insisting that more harm than good would come out of properly returning it. I eventually agreed wit him and sat in the back of the Impala with Dahlia, not feeling any sort of un-comfort or dismay with being around her as I had the previous times. I had even began to enjoy her presence and I could tell that she had even began to enjoy mine. I had figured that it was the straining predicament we were previously in that had brought all of us closer together, making me feel strangely excited about the next case we would be on. I had felt so at peace with myself, a feeling I have never experienced quite before, and I knew it was because I had finally found my purpose in this world; hunting.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this definitely is my favorite chapter so far. I hope you guys like it as much as i did!