Wonderwall

Six

Dean's Point of View:

It’s been about 6 weeks since Iris and I’s almost kiss; 6 hell filled weeks of her pushing me away and pretending that it never even happened. All of my clever attempts to bring up the incident are always stopped before I can get to any of the good details, usually by a random fit of coughing or her sudden urge to tell such a long pointless story that I forget to even bring the damn thing up. Maybe I shouldn’t have tried to kiss her, maybe I should’ve known that it would’ve made things more awkward between us, Maybe, just maybe, if I could’ve used my brain for two goddamn seconds, I could’ve seen the consequences of me making a move on her; but, since I’ve always acted first and asked questions later, I didn’t.

The weird thing about this whole thing, though, is not the rejection itself, but my reaction to it. Usually after being vetoed by my desired broad of the night, I move on and look for someone else; which let me just say rarely ever happens because my pick up system is fool-proof. But, with Iris, it didn’t happen that way. Instead of me moving on to someone else, someone more my type, I found myself having a hard time getting her out of my head. I mean, from the moment I got up in the morning till the moment I went to sleep, that girl was all I could ever wrap my brain around. Hell, the only female I’ve ever actually cared about like this, before her, was my mother; which is probably the reason I’ve been acting like a total virgin around Iris. I have no fricken clue what to do about the way I feel about her and until I can figure out some sort of ‘grand romantic gesture’ that she would actually enjoy, I’ve decided to lay low.
The one positive thing I can say about the past 6 weeks is how awesome Iris has gotten at hunting; probably one the most awesome chick-hunters I have seen. Her aim with a handgun is practically perfect (thanks to me), her fighting skills are right up to par (again, thanks to me), and she even knows how to draw a devil’s trap, (Thanks to Sammy, since he wanted to teach her something.) I was worried, at first, on how Iris would adjust to the Winchester way of life, but, after these past couple of weeks, I was confident that she would be just fine.

‘How long until we get there?’ Iris whined from the backseat, breaking the silence.

‘A couple more minutes, we should be pulling into the subdivision soon,’ I replied, turning into the Green Meadows entrance. We were currently hunting down a lady, Jeanine Canterbury, who scarily looks exactly like those real housewife monsters and was using witchcraft to kill off her competition for the town’s beauty competition.

We soon pulled up in front of her place; a blue 1950’s style house, complete with a wrap around porch and a white picket fence. The neighborhood was practically infested with these types of homes and I knew that this ‘American Dream’ style was the norm in places like this.

‘God, I hate this town,’ I scoffed, rolling my eyes in disgust. I swiftly exited the Impala and walked towards the front door, Iris and Sam following behind me, both of them looking around at the perfectly trimmed lawn and garden, ‘Fricken creepy, isn’t it?’

Iris nodded, motioning to the door, ‘should we knock?

‘The beauty queen already knows were coming, we might as well just let ourselves in,’ I grinned, easily unlocking the door with my lock pick.

I pushed it open slowly and stepped inside, drawing my gun from my side pocket, ‘Sam you take the upstairs, Iris you get the basement. I’ll cover up here,’ I whispered, just loud enough so the two of them could hear me.

We then split up and I entered the kitchen first; always my favorite room in a house. There weren’t many places to hide in there so I quickly moved on to the living room, checking behind the couches and underneath tables. The house, from where I could see, was creepy clean. I mean, I probably couldn’t even find a crumb if I had tried too.

I had just started too look around in the study when I thought I could hear thumping coming from below me. I hurriedly got up from kneeling on the floor and walked back into the main hallway, trying to see if I could hear what the hell was making those noises that had seemed to be coming from the basement. That’s when I remembered; Iris was down there.

I sprinted towards the basement door, skipping multiple steps as I made my way to the bottom. It was dark as all hell when I finally reached the last step, forcing me to stop and try to decide where to head next. I listened closely, whipping my head around the room to see if I could find any trace of Iris. It was oddly quiet, which made me feel even more uneasy about the situation, and once I realized that my eyes were done adjusting, I headed blindly into the darkness.

I ran into every wall and object possible as I searched for Iris and I was pretty sure my entire body was going to be banged up after this job. I cursed beneath my breath as I continued searching for her, trying to think of the perfect comment to make when I finally find her. But, as I entered a small room, I could then hear low whispers coming from a shadow that seemed to be about 10 feet from me, causing me to stop zoning out. A small window was on the top of the room and shined to the side of the figure.

The whispers were quiet and extremely hard to understand, but the second I realized they were in Latin, I ripped out my blade and jumped at the thing in front of me, ripping my knife through their middle. I whipped my arm back, making the blade exit what I hoped was the witch, and she fell into the spot of light, revealing that she was in fact Jeanine. I breathed a sigh of relief and then kneeled beside Iris, shaking her awake.

‘Iris, Iris! You okay?’ I touched her face softly with my hand, feeling her pulse with my other; just to make sure she wasn’t dead.

‘Dean?’ She asked, slowly opening her eyes. She kept them closed for a while before she sat up from the floor, grabbing her head.

‘What the hell happened?’ I asked, helping her to stand.

‘Well, from what I can remember, I was exploring down here and out of nowhere she jumped on top of me and started attacking. I could’ve taken her, but she slammed me against a wall a little too hard and I guess I was knocked out,’ She kept rubbing at her head, wincing every time she took a step towards the stairs. After watching her limp around for a few, i decided that carrying her would be much faster and less painful for the both of us. So, without asking her permission, i snatched her from the ground and placed her in my arms, quickly pacing towards the exit of the basement.

When we finally had made it upstairs, Sam was just coming down from the upper level.

‘We found the witch,’ Iris laughed, wincing in pain as if even laughing had hurt, ‘Or more like she found me.’

‘I think she put a spell on Iris,’ I said as serious as I could, trying to show Sam that I wasn’t making a joke.

‘We’ll call Cas on our way out of town, just to make sure, but right now we need to get out of here,’ Sam hurried us out the door with Iris hanging loosely in my arms. I told Sam to drive, since I had decided that I needed to take care of Iris to try and bridge the huge gap I had made when I attempted to kiss her. I placed her gently into the backseat and sat beside her, letting her collapse into me. I could tell she was in a hell of a lot of pain, with her not having any trouble being this damn close to me, which made me feel incredibly guilty for having her cover the basement. I decided to apologize later, not wanting to make her feel worse.

I began to pray to Cas the second we reached the highway, since I knew we were finally safe, ‘Castiel, we need your help. We got into some trouble and we really need you to-‘

‘What is it, Dean?’ Cas appeared next to Iris, looking immediately down at her, ‘What happened?’

‘Iris got into a fight with a witch that we were hunting and it knocked her out cold. When I found Iris, the bitch was on top of her saying something in Latin. I couldn’t hear a word, I just knew it was in Latin,’ I explained, looking down at the new bruises that were forming on her arms. She was still as Cas and I spoke, which made me feel even more uneasy.

Cas nodded intensely, raising his hand to place on her forehead. Iris squirmed uncomfortably and groaned in pain, his hand glowing against her skin. He left it there for a few seconds and then removed it, his face looking more serious than it usually did.

‘I’m afraid to say that Iris is indeed cursed,’ He spoke gravely, his eyes never looking up from her.

‘What kind of curse exactly?’ Sam asked, turning nervously to look at us.

‘It’s not a pleasant one. In fact, it’s quite tortuous. It causes the victim to experience intense internal pain and excrete, by mouth, their insides one by one, until eventually they die,’ Cas looked up to meet my gaze, ‘Unfortunately, there is nothing us Angels can do about spells like this. This one is extremely powerful and I am submissive against it. I’m very sorry.’ And with his last words, Cas disappeared into thin air; again.

‘What the hell are we supposed to do now, Dean? If Cas cant even help, who can?’ Sam's voice was angry now and he began to drive faster.

‘Bobby. Bobby Singer.’ I said, without hesitation. I knew that if there were anyone that knew or could do anything about a type of spell like this, it would be him. Granted, we haven’t seen the old bastard in a few years, but something told me he would be pretty excited to see us.

‘Bobby? We haven’t seen him in-‘

‘Just trust me, Sam. I have a feeling.’

‘Okay, Dean. Okay.’

And without another word, we were off to Sioux Falls, South Dakota; Bobby’s last known location. I figured there wasn’t a chance in hell he would’ve moved though, especially with his wife being buried there and all. From what I can remember of the guy, Bobby was always drunk and always angry, yet he never lost a damn bit of his wit. He was the best hunter I knew, besides my Dad, and if there was anyone out there to save Iris, it would most definitely be him.