Wonderwall

Seven

There aren’t many details about the drive to Bobby’s house that I can recall, besides the immense amount of discomfort I was feeling. Luckily, I kept slipping in and out of consciousness as we drove, the pain being too much for my body to handle. When my eyes were open though, which wasn’t often, my vision was cloudy and unfocused and my ears continuously rang with a loud, piercing tone. Like Castiel had described, I had felt the curse kicking in; slowly and then all at once. Within the first hour, it felt just like the typical stomachache, but as time continued on I could feel my condition worsening. By the second hour, I was sure my insides were literally spinning in circles inside of me. I then began to cough viciously, usually for ten minutes at a time, before Sam was forced to pull over so that I was able to spit up the mixture of blood and internal organs that clogged up my breathing.

I tried to keep my whimpering and moaning down though, not wanting to worry Dean and Sam more than they already were. I could feel the tension between all of us as we drove and I hated knowing that I was the reason for it. I even attempted to sit up at one point, hoping that this would comfort the two of them, but I collapsed helplessly into Dean before I could even lift my head from his chest. Dean had held me throughout the entirety of the journey, humming small bits of all of my favorite Kansas songs in an attempt to ease my agony. It was something he used to do back when we were kids and it always seemed to work; no matter the amount of distress I was in. Even now, with all the chaos stirring up inside of me, the small gesture Dean had made strangely comforted me a lot. I had been pushing him away for a while now, and although I still planned on continuing this after I was cured, I was quite content in his arms. I knew without a doubt that I had feelings for him, whatever they may be, but I also knew that us staying friends would be the best decision for all of us. It was hard enough to just be around them for such long periods of time and with the troubles of a relationship mixed in, there would be no possible way we could all stay focused on finding John. I realized this the second after Sam discovered Dean and I, and I knew right then that I would have to keep pretending until Dean ceased to make anymore moves. It was one the most hardest tasks I’ve ever had to do, but with the greater good of the group on my mind I knew that I had to continue on with it. Now, with me being too weak to push him away or even want to, I would have to try extremely hard, once I’m in better condition, to re-establish my non-romantic feelings for him; which I knew would be much more difficult with today’s happeneings.

I felt the car move from smooth pavement to what seemed to be a bumpy dirt road, causing me to open my eyes in curiousty. I shifted my gaze to Dean’s watch and saw that it was 4:00 pm, which had meant that we’d been driving an entire day without stopping. I looked through the windows beside me and tried to see our new surroundings, but I couldn’t decipher much from my placement in Dean’s arms.

Within a few minutes of driving on the dirt path, we came to a halt in front of what seemed to be a run-down house. Dean didn’t hesitate to exit the car and he slung me gentely in his arms, walking up the rotted front steps. From what I could see, no sane person would ever choose to live here and I was certain the house had to be vacant for a few decades. I glanced around at the yard, or what should’ve been the yard but was instead infested with old, scrap cars. I let out a hopless moan and closed my eyes, not wanting to see anymore of what was my only hope for survival. Dean, even with seeing the mess around us, knocked loudly upon the front door, calling for whoever this Bobby man was.

‘Bobby? Bobby, you in there? It’s me; Dean. Dean Winchester,’ Dean continued knocking until the door swung open, a man standing at the threshold. At this point I opened my eyes to put a face to the name and was surprised to see a normal looking guy staring back at me. I had expected someone who looked more like a wizard of some sort, but Bobby definietely wasn’t that. He was unshaven and wore old, grease stained clothes, a tattered hat upon his head.

‘Sam? Dean?’ Bobby asked, taking a step back.

‘Yeah, it’s us Bobby. We need-‘ Sam began, but was interrupted by a bottle, of what looked to be water, being splashed upon him. He did the same to Dean and I before he grabbed Sam into his arms.

‘It’s good to see you, boy,’ He let go of Sammy and walked over to Dean and I, giving him a small pat on the back.

‘Who do we got here?’ Bobby asked, looking down at me.

I tried my best to say my name, but was unseccsessful when a fit of coughing interrupted me.

‘This is Iris,’ Dean answered for me, stepping into the home.

‘She catch a nasty bug or something?’ Bobby asked while looking curiously at me. I knew I probably looked half dead at this point and would’ve been hesitant to let someone in my condition into my home.

‘She’s cursed actually, with some organ-ganking spell,’ Dean answered for me once again, placing me down on an old, lumpy couch. The room we were now in was in similar condition to the outside of the house. It was disorganized, with books stacked up 6 feet high all around us. The wall paper was peeling off and besides from the couch I was resided on, the only piece of furniture in the room was a wooden desk piled high with papers and weird objects. It wasn’t exactly my definition of home, but I had to admit that I was glad to be out of the car.

‘We were hoping you could reverse it,’ Sam brought up the real reason to our visit, walking towards Bobby who was now seated behind his desk. I watched quietly as everyone spoke, not being able to do much more than that. At this point, I was no longer able to escape the pain with sleep and I was now forced to endure it conscious, making it much more difficult to hide my agony.

Bobby nodded and leaned back in his chair, placing his feet upon the mess on his desk, ‘I only know one type of cure for a spell like that and at this point, I’m not even sure it’ll work.’

‘What are the chances she walkes away from something like this unharmed?’ Dean asked, his face looking sympathetic and nervous.

‘I’d say 60/40,’ Bobby answered, placing his feet on the floor to sit up straight

’60 she’ll be fine and-‘

‘No. 40% chance she’ll be fine, 60% chance she wont. Im not a miracle worker, Dean and from what I can see the spell we’re dealing with isn’t some petty little charmed type magic. This is real, black stuff and I don’t think my antidote will do much.’

‘We can at least give the damn thing a shot, Bobby,’ I could tell Dean was getting frustrated now, his body becoming more tense. He ran a hand through his hair and rubbed his mouth, one of his many anxious habits he had.

‘Dean’s right. We cant just sit here and let her die like this. It isn’t fair,’ Sam chimed in, his voice becoming sad.

Bobby nodded, getting up from his chair to walk over to the boys, ‘We’ll lets get to work then, ladies. Sam, fetch the sheeps blood from the fridge and Dean, you’ll have to get the sage from the basement. There should be a box of it in the safe house. But hurry, we don’t have much time.’

I watched as the three of them ran throughout the house, upstairs and downstairs, fetching foreign objects and throwing them into a large wooden bowl on Bobby’s desk. After what seemed like forever, they were finally done with the ingredient part and had begun whatever ritual was used to give the mixture its power. They all said a couple of sentences that seemed to be latin, throwing a few more powders into the bowl to finish the process. I watched as Bobby poured the red, gunky liquid into a glass, handing it off to Dean.

‘This is probably going to taste like hell, but it’ll help with the pain,’ Dean sat me up on the couch, placing my back onto his chest, ‘Ready?’

I nodded, guiding the cup towards my lips. Granted, I was still too weak to hold it myself, so Dean had his hand griped around the glass for support. It was slimy and smelt like burning flesh, but somehow I managed to chug it quickely and keep it down. I let Dean take the empty glass from my hand and I finally collapsed into a much needed slumber.