Just Another Broken Girl With Another Troubled Boy

Chapter 1

"Mallory, wake up already," Steve hisses in a hushed tone.

I blink my eyes open and look at him. He's got this mischievous grin on his face, and I know immediately that he's up to something that will get us both in trouble. "What do you want, Steve?" I mutter, sitting up weakly. My entire body aches.

He crouches down next to my "bed" and grasps my hand. "I'm gonna take you out of here for the night," he says with a smile, glancing at my arms. "Maybe then, you'll find a reason to stop that nonsense all over yourself."

Rolling my eyes, I tilt my head back. "Since when do you care?"

"This ain't the first time I've ever tried to do something for you. This is just the first time that I know it'll work."

I sigh and stand up, Steve helping me slightly. I'm already dressed in an oversized, worn out, flannel shirt, ripped up shorts that I've had for years, and my favorite(and only) pair of white cowboy boots. I roll the sleeves of my shirt down to his the cuts on my arms from whoever may see me. My legs can't be hidden unless I were to change, which I'm overall too lazy to do.

"So how's this gonna work, Steve?" I ask, nervous already.

Steve smiles that smile again and says, "I'm gonna take you to meet my friends at the junk yard, and then we're gonna take you to a movie and get some real food in you."

"And how are mama and papa not gonna find out?"

"I don't know," says my twin brother, "That's the adventure in it all."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope everyone enjoys it :)