My Savior

1/1

My life has been less than boring, you could say.

I woke up on time for school when I was younger; I went to college like I had planned and then one day, things changed.

I witnessed the attack on 9/11.

I realized my life is going nowhere, working for this company that didn’t even like my work.

I quit that day and called my mother to tell her I was coming back home – for good.

My younger brother was ecstatic to hear this news, even under the circumstances.

Friends of mine from high school started a band with me and my brother.

It was just for fun, playing in bars for free booze and some pay.

It didn’t start getting serious until our newest band member had said a record company contacted him.

We recorded and released our first CD. The feeling was amazing. My family came to celebrate at the release party, when I met her.

She’s the only thing I can remember about that night.

Her dark brown hair that looked black under those lights, her piercing brown eyes, her full pink luscious lips. Everything about her screamed beauty to me.

I was too shy to approach her, and that’s my biggest mistake.

After our first tour is when I saw her again.

She had a ring on her left hand though. I felt my heart break for this nameless woman.

Her brown eyes were dull. The guy that put the ring on her finger clearly broke her.

At a party for another band we knew, I finally gained the nerves and confidence to talk to her.

“Hello,” was all I said to her. I saw a light in her eyes like I did when I first saw her.

“Hey,” She had said back. That was the start of our friendship.

I was there for her when the fiancée dumped her. She was there for me when I started drugs. She was my reason to quit. She reminded me so much of what it meant to be happy.

She came on tour with us when I was at my worst. I had gotten into the heavy drugs, and to everyone, including my younger brother, I was gone.

I couldn’t be saved according to them. She hadn’t left my side the whole time.

She believed in me.

I became clean for her.

Life turned around for me after that.

I had started dating someone to get these feelings for her to go away. It didn’t work.

She had left our little family after our third album was released.

At the time, I was dating a girl that just used me for the fame. Needless to say, I dumped her.

My savior hadn’t talked to me in two years at the time.

I figured all hope was lost, until I saw her working in California, three years later.

My hair was no longer blonde, like she had last known.

My hair was now jet black. I saw her working at a venue my band was playing at for our final tour for our third album.

I had contacted her finally and she looked the same.

She was still radiant as ever, except for that dullness in her eyes.

Someone had hurt my savior again.

She had spotted me before we went on stage and all I did was hug her.

I had determined that on that fateful night, she would know I was madly in love with her.

I had told her alright, but the real question is, did she return those feelings?

I had quickly found out that night that it was a yes also.

She had revealed to me she had left because she couldn’t stand the sight of me with someone other than her.

I understood her fully. Before any of the girls came around me for fame, it was just us.

We had married after two years of dating. Luckily for us, someone on the tour my band was on happened to be a minister.

All we had to do was legalize it when we moved back to California.

Life was now perfect to me. I had my savior, I had my family, I had my band.

A few years later, she had told me she was pregnant.

I was ecstatic.

I was going to be a father to her unborn child.

Nine months later, we were happy parents of a gorgeous baby girl.

We had named her and my band mates had accepted the fact that we were on a hiatus until things had settled down.

Our drummer had left, and everyone else had gotten married.

My brother had been ecstatic himself to become an uncle.

My savior had started to become sick when our daughter was in her teens.

My band had released five more albums.

My savior had given me two more children, twin boys.

Everyone had laughed saying our guitarist’s twin girls would end up with our boys.

The boys were in their preteens when we had figured out what was wrong with my savior.

She was diagnosed with coronary heart disease (CHD).

We had found out it was from her stress levels.

We were in our mid-fifties when she had her first and only heart attack.

At 1:37 AM that morning, my savior, Wendy Way, had died.

Wendy had left myself, Gerard Arthur Way, alone in the world yet again.

This time though, I had our three children and our five grandchildren to live for.

Wendy had given me the motivation throughout our marriage and our lives to never give up on our family.

My savior, wherever you are, please wait for me.

I’m coming for you soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Randomly had inspiration to do a Gerard Way oneshot...

Feedback?