Status: Thanks for clicking ^.^ Finished

Girl, I Don't Know What You See, You're More Than Just a Mannequin to Me

Fifteen;

Emmie and I had agreed to keep Peyton and I’s breakup a secret until after I took Alex out and we got together. I wanted it to be a surprise for him.

So a few days later, on our next day off, I stole Alex away and we went for a drive with a picnic basket in the backseat.

“You’re awfully chipper,” Alex chuckled from the passenger side.

“It’s an awfully nice day,” I replied, a grin plastered on my face. He grinned back at me.

God, I love his smile.

We soon arrived at the park listed on the GPS and climbed from the car. There was a field sort of off the ways and secluded by trees, so that you could hardly see it. This was where we headed. There was a slight breeze, but the sun still beat down on our backs.

We picked a nice, soft spot and set up our picnic. We were the only people in the field.

A little bit later, we were laughing and eating the food we had made. It wasn’t as good as it could be, seeing as we only had the cramped kitchen on the bus to make it, but it was still pretty good.

I scooped up some potato salad and lifted it to Alex’s mouth. He chuckled but took the bite.

“So what’s gotten into you today?” he asked me, wiping his mouth with a napkin after he took his bite.

I blushed and set town the tuppawear container, taking a quick sip of my Brisk iced tea to wash the taste of food out of my mouth.

“I…uh…” I didn’t know why I was suddenly so nervous, fidgeting around and playing with my fingers. Alex was one of the people I could always be myself around, but suddenly it was like I was on cocaine.

“Spit it out, Candy Cayne,” Alex said, setting down his food as well and pushing the basket from between us so that he could take my hand. “You can tell me anything.” He gave my hand a reassuring squeeze.

I smiled up at him, “I know.” I looked into his deep, loving eyes. “That’s why I broke up with Peyton.” It came out of my mouth in a rush.

A look of surprise flashed on his face. “You - ?”

“I love you, Alex,” I interrupted him, scooting closer to him and pulling his hand in my lap. “It took me a really long time to see it, but I see it now. I don’t ever expect you to forgive me for what I put you through, but I just – “

It was his turn to interrupt me.

With his lips on mine.

His kiss was so soft and inviting. His body smelled of something fruity and husky at the same time. When I curled my fingers into his hair, it was a soft silky kind of feel. I absolutely adored everything about him.

I climbed onto Alex’s lap, kissing him harder and pressing my body towards his. I could feel him smile against my lips as he dug his nails into my hips. I let out a groan.

“I love you, too, Cayne,” he said, pulling away for only a second to breath the words to me. I giggled like a schoolgirl and kissed him again.

“Don’t ever stop reminding me,” I whispered back.

We returned to the venue hand in hand. Alex had the biggest – and silliest – smile on his face. When we climbed from the van he took my hand and practically dragged me to the All Time Low bus. He slammed the door open and pulled me on.

“What’s up, Alex?” Zack said, giving him a weird look because he did look positively bursting.

“We have news,” Alex said in a rushed voice.

Rian walked in from the back room. “What is it?” he asked, not being able to conceal the curiosity from his voice.

“Cayne is now my official girlfriend,” Alex smiled hugely again and pulled me into his arms. I giggled.

The guys eyes all widened. “For shit?!” Jack screeched.

I nodded, “I broke up with Peyton a few days ago. I just couldn’t stay away any longer, I guess.” I shrugged and looked up at Alex with a smile on my face. He couldn’t resist. He leaned down and pecked me on the lips.

The guys all charged over to us and squeezed us in a giant group hug.

“Welcome to the family, Cayne,” Rian laughed as they squeezed the hell out of me.