Status: On-going...

We Got Married

Episode 1: Fateful Meeting Of The Champions (part 1)

Episode 1: Fateful Meeting Of The Champions (part 1)
Studio

“We’re going to introduce tonight our newest couple. I’m excited about this new couple because they are both athletes, this is the first time we got an athlete as couple.” Boy, one of the commentators of the show announced the bomb of the show tonight.

Many big fans of We Got Married were very excited when they heard that the new couple of the show will be both athlete, there was so many rumors of who might be the new couple which makes the audience anticipate more about this upcoming athlete couple.

“There had been many rumors of who the new couple might be and I’m sure the viewers can’t wait anymore.” Myra, another commentator of the show agreed.

__________________________________________________________________________

In a coffee shop (Canton, Michigan)
A beautiful young blonde in ponytail, no other than Cassandra Collins was sitting in a café in front of the window- obviously waiting for someone. She took a sipped of her strawberry and cream frappuccino then looked at the door of the café.

__________________________________________________________________________

Studio
“Ah! Cassandra Collins looks so beautiful.” Myra commented.

“Cassandra Collins, Titania of Ice and the Olympic and World Figure Skating Champion is part of the newest couple. This is going to be an interesting new season.” Boy said.

“I agree, since she is one of the most private athletes out there with good image.” Myra agreed.

__________________________________________________________________________

In a coffee shop (Canton, Michigan)

As if on cue, two young women, a redhead, Jessica Aymes, a pair figure skater and Cassandra’s teammate at Skate Canada and brunette, Shirley Lavertue, an ice dancer and Cassandra’s teammate as well came in at the cafe waving enthusiastically at Cassandra.

“Cassy!” they both called out at the blonde.

Cassandra stand up from her seat as the two women approached her. She hugged them both then sat down at their respective seats.

“What do you want? I’ll order your drinks.” She offered to the new comers.

“Nah! Let Shirley order our drinks.” Jessica said pushing Shirley off of her chair. Shirley as well faked a pout but went to the counter to order anyway.

“So why did you want a girls’ meeting?” Jessica started interrogating her teammate.

“Let’s wait for Shirley first then I’ll talk.” She told her.

Jessica sighed dramatically. “This better be juicy and worth the thirty minutes drive from the camp.” She threatened her.

Cassandra laughed at her teammate’s threat. “I’m sure you will find this worth the drive from the mountains.”

Jessica raised her eyebrows then Shirley came back at their seat with an iced coffee and a café Americano on each hand.

“Your ever so strong café Americano, ma’am.” Shirley said sarcastically giving the coffee to Jessica.

Cassandra laughed at her teammates earning a wink from Shirley and a glare from Jessica.
“So, spill.” Shirley ordered.

“Okay.” Cassandra took a deep breath. “Now that I’m twenty, is there anything you want me to change or do that I don’t usually do?” she asked them biting her lips looking innocent and sexy doing it at the same time.

“Ahuh, this doesn’t sound good to me.” Jessica said then turned to Shirley with a concern look on her face.

Cassandra took out a notebook and a pen to wrote down the things her teammates were going to say to her.

__________________________________________________________________________

Studio

“She is very thoroughly and meticulous.” Rob Gronkowski, tight end for New England Patriots of NFL.

“How did you know such thing?” Myra asked with a knowing smile.

“I’m a fan of hers.” He answered shyly.

Myra raised her eye brows at the young football player.

He laughed, “Fine, I had a crush on her.” He admitted like he did on ESPN magazine.

__________________________________________________________________________

In a coffee shop (Canton, Michigan)

Shirley looked at Cassandra narrowing her chocolate brown eyes at her. “We want you to start dating guys and to have a boyfriend.” She announced.

“You should date guys and stop watching too much crime shows and anime.” Jessica added.

She nodded her head as she wrote it down.

“Lessen your being cautions.” Jessica said.

“Try to break some routines of yours.” Shirley told her.

“Why are you asking us anyway?” Jessica known as a straight forward person, asked directly.

“I’m getting married.” She dropped the bomb.

Her two good friends stare at her as if she lost her mind.

“What movie are we going to watch again next week with the girls?” Jessica asked Shirley
ignoring Cassandra.

“Jessica!” Cassandra called as she tugged her arms like a little kid.

“How are you supposed to get married if you don’t have a boyfriend? Are you kidding us?” She questioned her.

“Maybe I do have one.” She said smiling sweetly at them.

“Why is she so serious?” Shirley asked Jessica.

“Does your mother know about this?” Jessica interrogated her.

“Yeah, I told her about it last week.”

“And you only told us today?” Shirley asked looking hurt.

She kept silence.

“Wait a second! Don’t tell me you really join We Got Married? The rumors are true?” Jessica finally figured out.

She nodded her head.

“Oh my goodness!” Jessica said in disbelief.

“I need your advice. What should I do so we wouldn't be awkward on our first meeting?” she asked them finally what she really wants to asked them.

“Look straight to each other’s eyes.” Jessica answered.

“Whaaa!” she reacted in disbelief at what Jessica answered.

“Just be yourself because it will be hard for the two of you to connect with each other if you are trying to be someone else.” Shirley answered with bright eyes.

“Talk a lot and don’t always laugh at him.” Jessica chimes in.

“How can I know his personality?” she asked them still taking notes.

“Watch his table manners. It will tell a lot about him.” Shirley answered again.

“Also watch his way of talking, his hand gestures and his eyes.” Jessica added without sarcasm anymore.

“Your right!” she wrote it down quickly.

__________________________________________________________________________

Studio

“They are just 24 and they know so much about these things.” Myra observed laughing.

“Especially Shirley, she knows a lot of thing.” Boy asked.

__________________________________________________________________________

In a coffee shop (Canton, Michigan)

“When are you going to meet each other?” Shirley asked excited.

“Within this week.” Cassandra answered.

“We’ll help you to dress up!” Shirley volunteered.

“No thanks!” she rejected her offer.

Shirley pouted her lips looking a little down at her friend’s rejection.

“You’ll just turn Cassy into a 3D doll.” Jessica commented.

Cassandra nodded her head agreeing as she linked her arms around Jessica’s.

“What about this, you shout your favourite food chocolate if you like your husband and hamburger if you don’t.” Shirley dared Cassandra.

“That’s embarrassing!” she told them.

“Come on!” Jessica encourage Shirley’s dare.

“Alright, I’ll do it.” she finally agreed.

__________________________________________________________________________

In conference room at a radio station (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 6:30pm)

The NHL superstar, Sidney Crosby and some of his teammates in Pittsburgh Penguins was doing an interview at a local radio station in Pittsburgh after they won their second Stanley Cup.

__________________________________________________________________________

Studio

“Cassandra Collins and Sidney Crosby is our newest couple? Wow! They are both high profile athletes that are very private then suddenly they participated here?” Boy said.

“That’s very surprising but interesting at the same time on how they will both handle their marriage since they handle their sports so greatly.” Myra agreed.

__________________________________________________________________________

Radio station lodge area (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 7:30pm)

After an hour, the team headed to the lobby of the radio station when Sidney received a text message from the staff of We Got Married saying that his wife will be waiting for him in the lodge area of the radio station.

“Do you have any idea who your wife might be?” James Neal asked his captain.

“None.” It is the only answer he gave to his teammate.

“Maria Sharapova?” Jordan Staal suggested.

“Could be, the two of you might look amazing together.” Kris Letang commented shrugging.

“Maybe, maybe not.” Cedric Collins blurted out smirking at his teammates secretively.

Austin Collins just rolled his eyes at the exchanged. “Aren’t you should keep going? Your wife might be already waiting for you.” he told Sidney.

__________________________________________________________________________

Studio

“I think you and Austin knew that Cassandra and Sidney will be participating.” Myra told Cedric that is one of the co-commentators of the night.

“Yeah, Cassy told us a few days before the shoot of their first meeting so we immediately figured out that they might be paired up together.” Cedric answered.

__________________________________________________________________________

Radio station lodge area (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 10:00pm)

“Yeah, I guess so.” He answered a little nervous.

He started looking around the lodge area, the text message said that the couch his wife sitting on was covered with red cloth. He immediately saw the couch covered with red cloth, a blonde woman in ponytail was sitting there patiently waiting for him. He couldn't see her face for the couch was turned back from his view.

“Oh man! I think I’m right! It’s Maria Sharapova!” Jordan Staal excitedly exclaimed.

“I don’t think so.” Cedric said in a matter-of-fact tone.

Sidney looked over at his teammates, “You can now go. I can take it from here.” He told them.

“But we want to meet her!” James whined.

“I need to know if she is Maria Sharapova!” Jordan chimed in.

“I don’t want to overwhelm her on our first meeting by with you guys there. Sometimes you guys are too much, you know.” Sid told him teammates pushing them towards the door.

“Go to your wife, I’ll handle them.” Austin offered with a small smile. “Take good care of her.”

He added, which confused Sidney. Why his teammate would say that? He had no idea.

He nodded his head and muttered his thanks then started walking towards his waiting wife.

He cleared his throat to announce his presence at her to avoid startling her.

She turned her head to where he is then looked up. They’re eyes met then looked surprised to see each other. She quickly recovered from the shock of knowing who were her husband then smile up at him as she starts to stand from her seat.

“Good evening.” She greeted him with a sweet velvet voiced she was known to have.

“Good evening too.” He greeted back, “You must be my wife.” He stated.

She gave him a small smile, “I am.”

__________________________________________________________________________

Interview room with Cassandra Collins

“What do you think about your husband?” WGM staff asked.

“I never thought he will be my husband, it’s such a huge surprise. I guess, because he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that will join in a reality shows or something for some reason. I
met him many times before but we never really talk to each other or been close. His always polite and nice to me, I guess it’s just his nature to be like that. I’ve always been a fan of him, I think it will be a wonderful experience for the two of us or so I hope.” She answered with a hopeful smile.

__________________________________________________________________________

Interview room with Sidney Crosby

“What is your opinion about your wife?” WGM staff asked.

“I’m really surprised to know that she’s my wife. I know her for like six years now and ‘hello’ is the only word she ever said to me, I want to know her better but there wasn’t a time. She’s a very quiet, sweet and very beautiful. I never seen an eyes as beautiful and clear as hers, it just drown you in. I’m a fan of hers. I love watching her performances and competitions, I even went to her ice show with her brothers and it’s really fun. I don’t know anything about figure skating but I don’t think it takes an expert to know how talented she is, I just love watching her on ice it’s so beautiful, it’s the exact opposite of what I does on ice which intrigues me. I have a crush on her, yeah. That pretty much sums it up.” Sid confessed turning a little red.

__________________________________________________________________________

Studio

“Ahuh! The kid got a crush on his wife very interesting turn of events.” Myra said smiling devilishly.

“I don’t think Cassandra got a crush on him though with the way she thought about him.” Boy stated.

“Time will tell but I can already picture them the Canada’s golden girl and boy!” Myra said.

“Do you know your captain got a crush on your little sister?” Boy asked Cedric.

“I suspected it but he never openly admitted it, his always flustered whenever Cassy was around.” Cedric answered.

“What a lucky guy.” Rob commented.

“Don’t you think its weird how both of you got eighty-seven as your number on your jersey?” Cedric asked him.

“Never thought of it but I hope the number gives me half of his luck with being pair up to Cassandra.” Rob answered.
__________________________________________________________________________

Radio station lodge area (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)

Sid rubbed his right hand on the back of his neck. “So… um, I don’t think we need to introduce ourselves to each other?” he asked still stunned by the turn of events.

“Well, yes. I don’t think I could ever forget one of my favorite hockey player.” She answered with a smile.

He couldn’t help it but smile back at her, it’s just contagious. “Oh yeah?!” he asked.

“Yes.”

“Why don’t we sit down for a while?” he asked.

“Sure.” She flourished her cream colored, knee-length dress as she seated back down on her chair while he sat down on the chair across from her.

They were awkwardly silent for a moment as they try to avoid looking at each other.

“It seems like your surprised to know I’m your husband.” He stated to break the silence.

“Well, you didn’t strike me as someone to participate in a reality show. You seem to be a private person so it never occurred to me you might be my husband.” She admitted.
__________________________________________________________________________

Interview room with Cassandra Collins

“What is your first thought when you found out that Sidney Crosby is your husband?” WGM staff asked.

“I got a little heart attack. I think we stare at each other with a surprise look on our face for two or three awkward seconds. We never talked to one another so it’s kind of weird to thought of him now as my husband from a hockey player I admire and my brothers’ teammate.” She revealed.
__________________________________________________________________________

Radio station lodge area (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)

“Really?” He asked.

“Yes.”

“You seem to be not the kind of person to join WGM too.” He said.

“Oh! But I actually like to participate for a long time now. I don’t just really have the time.” She said.

“Me too, the team always watch WGM while on the road.” he said.

She nodded. “I downloaded all the episodes and watch every now and then.” She admitted.
__________________________________________________________________________

Studio

“They’re still shy towards each other.” Myra said.

“Of course, they just met.” Boy pointed out.
__________________________________________________________________________

Radio station lodge area (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)

“Congratulations for winning your second Stanley Cup. I don’t think I've congratulate you yet.” She smiled.

“Thank you! My summer would be so awesome this year.” He said with a grin.

“Of course spending even just a day with the cup will surely make your summer.” She agreed.

He grinned sheepishly at her as he rubbed his hand on the back of his neck. “That and the fact that I now have a wife.”

She chuckled. “Nice one.” She lowered her head to hide her flushed cheeks.

“I’m not really smooth about this kind of stuffs.” He admitted a little embarrassed.

“It’s cute actually.” She smiled at him looking directly into his chocolate brown eyes.
__________________________________________________________________________

Interview room with Cassandra Collins

“I really like the fact that his not smooth as butter and a little bit new to this as well. It makes me feel less nervous and scared to make mistakes even a small one. The thing that his very honest as well for saying that his not good at giving smooth words is very cute. I never expect him to admit such thing.”
__________________________________________________________________________

Radio station lodge area (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)

“You also won your fourth World title last month so congratulations!” he told her.

“Thank you! We both got a great season this year.”

“Yeah, let make a deal.” He suggested.

“What kind of deal?” she asked curious at what deal her husband was talking about.

“You have to win another World title and I have to win another Stanley Cup next season. If one of us didn’t do it there will be a punishment.” He continued.

“What kind of punishment?” she asked.

“I don’t know at the moment. We’ll decide when the time comes.” He grinned.

She looked at him sceptically resting her chin on the back of her hands thinking about his deal for a moment. “Does the punishment have boundaries?” she asked.

“What do you mean boundaries?” he frowned at her questions.

“I mean, like I ask you for your punishment to dance ‘Genie’ for example but you don’t want to. So obviously dancing will be out of the options as punishment but if we do that how can we call it a punishment when what we’ll do is just inside our comfort zone?” she asked.
__________________________________________________________________________

Studio

Cedric laughed hard.

“She asked so many questions.” Boy commented.

“Yeah, she’s way too curious to save her life.” Cedric agreed.
__________________________________________________________________________

Interview room with Sidney Crosby

“She worries too much about the punishment, over-analyzing and over-thinking about it. It’s cute how she frowns as she questions our deal.”
__________________________________________________________________________

Radio station lodge area (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)

“I don’t like to dance but if that’s the punishment then I’ll do it.” He simply stated.

“Okay, deal.” She said holding out her right hand to him and he took it shaking her hands as they seal their deal.

“Deal.” He agreed. “Where do you live right now? I know you don’t live in Pittsburgh.” He asked her.

“Right now, I stay home at London, Ontario since the season was over.” She said.

“You came all the way to London today just to meet up with me?” he asked in disbelief.

“Oh no, they told me that we’ll meet here in Pittsburgh last week so I’m currently stating at Ced’s place. I’ve been here for two days now actually.” She answered.

“How long we’re you staying here in Pitts?” he asked.

“A week till our next meeting.” She answered.

He nodded. “If we moved in together where are we going to live then?” he asked.

“Here in Pittsburgh.” She answered in a heartbeat.

“You didn’t seem to need to think about it.” he laughed.

“I don’t think there is a need to think about.”

He nodded again. “I got a plan for our first date.” He told her.

“Is this our first date?” She asked.

“Yeah, I bought something for you. It’s funny now how it actually suits you.” he said as he fished out something inside his backpack then took out a paper bag of Tiffany & Co. handing it over to her.

“I didn’t get something for you.” she said with guilt taking the paper bag.

“It’s alright.” He smiled. “I have no idea why I bought that, I’m suppose to buy you a necklace or bracelet but when I saw that it just click, you know.” He explained.

She smiled, “I’m sure I’ll like it.” she opened the paper bag and took out a big light blue velvet box. “Uhm, it’s kind of big, don’t you think?” she asked slowly looking at the box.

He laughed, “Yeah, I didn’t know the box will be that big.”

She open the box and beautiful princess tiara was revealed. “Wow, how did you know I wear tiara every Wednesday?” she asked smiling brightly. “Thank you!”

He laughed as well. “I didn’t know but you reminds me of a princess.” He told her.

“My dad call me princess and my brothers always tease me a lot calling me ‘Your Highness’ or ‘Your Majesty’ when we’re kids.” She revealed.

“Really? I can imagine since your brothers are big bullies.” He grinned at her.

“Oh, you have no idea what I’ve been through as a child in their hands.” She said with a beautiful scowl on her face.

He laughed hard. “Tell me.” breathes out in between laughter.

“They always make me play the goalie because they know that I’m easily shocked.” She revealed.

“You are?”

“Yeah, like a lot.” she nodded her head.

“Let’s put it?” he asked.

She nodded handing the box over to him.

He took the tiara out then he stand up on his chair and stand behind her placing the tiara over her head.

“Place it in the hairline of my bangs.” She told him pointing out where to place her tiara.

“Thank you.” she told him again.

“You’re welcome. Do you have a mirror, so you can see?” he asked.

She shook her head. “I don’t but I can use my phone.” She said fishing out her phone from her huge shoulder bag.

“That’s a huge bag.” He commented.

“Yeah, many said so.” She took out her phone then used the front camera to look at herself then she smiled. “It’s really beautiful.”

He grinned broadly, “Glad you like it. Now come on, let’s officially start our first date.” He stood up and held out his hands to help her stand from her chair.

She placed her hand to his hesitantly then stood up taking her huge shoulder bag placing in on her shoulder.

“That look heavy, want me to carry in for you?” he asked.

“Thank you but its fine.” She told him.

She slowly took her hand off of Sidney’s hold to tuck a loose strand of her hair behind her ear.
__________________________________________________________________________

Studio

“It’s the first time Cassy hold hand with a guy she isn’t close, very smooth way of un-holding his.” Cedric said smiling broadly.

“She never did?” Myra asked.

“Yeah.” Is the only thing Cedric answered.
__________________________________________________________________________

At the Radio Station parking lot (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)

Cassandra tucked her hand inside the pocket of her dress and Sidney do the same placing his hands inside his tiny jeans pocket as they walked down the parking lot heading to his SUV.

“Did you bring a car?” He asked.

“No, I ride along with Austin.” She told him.

“You’ve been waiting all this time at the lodge area for me?” he asked in disbelief.

“Oh no! I go to the mall that’s just across the street.” She said.

“You buy something?”

“Nothing, I just eat.”

He nodded his head as they silently walked to his SUV. When they reach the SUV he opened
the door for her and she silently thanked him as she got inside.

“Where are we going?” she asked when he started the car and left the parking lot heading to the main road.

“You’ll see later.” He answered.

She opened her bag fishing for something inside then she took out a water bottle and took a drink. A silence fell between the two.

“Who’s your favorite We Got Married couple?” Sidney asked to break the silence.

“Alex and Andrei.” She answered clapping her hands together.

“That was five years ago.” he chuckled.

“Yeah, but you know they’re just the cutest couple and the most original of all the couples.”
She answered.

“You’re right. They’re very different from other couple.” He agreed.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my first time writing a fanfiction so it's not really good... please don't be mean to me!!!