Status: On-going...

We Got Married

Episode 6: Finally Public

Cedric's place

It was ten o'clock in the morning, Cassandra was sitting on the single sofa chair in her brother's place reading a book as she waits for her fiancé to pick her up for their date today. Her brother was not home he decided to stayed at a friend's place last night, there was a knocked on the door, setting down the book on the coffee table she got up to answer the door. And there outside stood Sidney with a box of chocolate in hand.

"For you." handing the box to her. "Chocolate." he said, the word became an inside joke now to the couple after he found out what it does really mean, then kissed her on the cheeks even though what he really want to do was to kiss her lips thinking that it might look suspicions or too soon for them to do on-cam or maybe he was just being paranoid.

She thanked him chuckling getting what was really behind the word. "Do you want to come in?" she asked him.

"Nah, I think we should get going it will be a busy day after all." he reasoned refusing her invitation.

"All right, let me just put this to the fridge and grab my purse." she told him disappearing inside the apartment and came back holding a brown purse. He took her hands to his, at least he they can hold hands, he thought as they rode down the elevator.

"Mario and Natalie invite us to eat lunch with them today." he informed her. "I told them I'll ask you first, is that okay if we eat lunch with them?" he asked for her confirmation.

"Sure, no problem. Where are we going to eat lunch with them?"

"I don't know, they didn't say just ask if we can." he answered, "I'll call them later." they were now in front of his SUV when they get in he started the car to drove out of the parking lot.
______________

Interview Room with Cassandra Collins

"Were you nervous to have lunch with Mario and Natalie Lemieux?" WGM Interviewer asked.

"Not in the least, I've meet the Lemieuxs many times a few years ago, they're very nice I can't say good enough things about them. So I'm not worried or nervous about it at all." she answered.
______________

En route to the music store

She turned on the stereo playing Ed Sheeran's song I Miss You. "I've been listening to this song since last week, I just can't get it out of my head."

He gave her a knowing smile, "You need to teach me how to play that song to guitar then."

"So you can sing the song?" she asked beaming his enthusiasm to learn to play guitar.

"My singing skills were only for the shower."

"I like to sing in the shower too." she told him oblivious at the mental image she was giving to him.

There was an awkward Cassandra-after-effect silence between them. "Um… that's Cassandra-after-effect silence right there, huh?" he said trying not to laugh but end up laughing anyway.

"Yeah." she answered awkwardly.
_____________

Studio

"Everything is going smoothly between them but she have to make it awkward." Myra stated laughing.

"They're an awkdorkable couple." James commented.

"That word is invented by fans in Twitter for them, it even became trending while their pilot episode was airing." Cedric said.
_____________

En route to the music store

"That was awkward." she uttered the obvious laughing along with him.

"I thought were already pass-through that stage." he said shaking his head.

"You know, fans in Twitter started describing us as awkdorkable." she told him.

"What's that?" he asked chuckling.

"It's three words Awkward plus dork plus adorable combined together." she explained.

"Are we like that?"

"I guess so." she shrugged.

"Let's watch our episode later, I got a copy on my iPad." he told her.

"I don't want to." she refused again just like the last time they talked about it. "I can't hardly watch it on the first time I did."

"Why?"

"It's embarrassing, we're too awkward." she explained.

"We're going to watch it later." he said daring her to refuse again.

She signed crossing her arms on her chest, "I'll close my eyes and cover my ears the entire time." she shoot back at him.

"It will be like you don't watch it all." he complained.

"Can we just not watch it?" she asked him softly with a sad puppy face.

He glanced at her then chuckled, how can he said no to her looking all adorable. "Fine." he said finally giving up on convincing her to watch it with him.

They arrived at the music store and walked in holding each others hands, there was an upright piano on the entrance, she randomly play the keys with a wide-eyed smile on her beautiful face showing how much she love playing music as they walk pass it entering the store.

The salesman of the store approached them. "May I help you?" he asked them smiling but it immediately turned to shocked as he recognized the couple openly staring at them.

"Yes, we're looking for an acoustic guitar." she answered the shocked salesman, looking at the guitars hanging on the wall of the store.

After recovering from the shock the salesman acted normal not asking them questions, autographs or picture instead he asked her another question, "Do you have any brand or model of guitar you want?" he asked her obviously checking her out and focusing his attention only to her ignoring Sidney completely.

"Could you please look at me?" Sidney snapped laughing to make it sound like he was joking, he didn't like another man or any men checking out his visual fiancé/girlfriend. He was playfully elbowed by her as she looked at him with an amused expression on her face. "He's only looking and talking at you." he defended putting his free hand inside his pocket.
____________

Studio

"I didn't know he is possessive." Flower commented.

"He's competitive on everything, so what do you expect?" James stated.

"If a guy is looking at my girl the whole time I'll be mad too." Geno said.

"They're just having a conversation, it's completely normal for people talking to each other to look in the eyes of the person they are talking to." Myra told the guys."

"It's pretty obvious the guy like her." Cedric joined in defending his captain.
___________

Interview Room with Sidney Crosby

"I don't think any guy would like other men checking out their wives or girlfriends, it was completely a normal reflexes to get irritated especially if the other guy knows the girl had a boyfriend or with her boyfriend." he defended himself.
___________

Interview Room with Cassandra Collins

"It was amusing to see him bothered by the incident. He look so cute acting a bit possessive like that. I think it is healthy in the relationship to have moments like that as long as it's not crossing the line." she said.
___________

Music store

The salesman looked flustered not looking at her or to them at all murmuring a timid apology.

"It's alright, man. I know it's hard not to stare." he joked grinning at her.

She rolled her eyes, "What color do you like or you want a antique natural?" she asked Sidney first before saying answering the salesman.

"I like the black one you got." he answered remembering her guitar when he visited her.

She looked up at him with her wide-eyed smile, "Good choice." she said giving him a thumbs up. "Gibson Hummingbird, a black one." she told the salesman.

"Alright." the salesman disappeared to must be the stock room of the store leaving the couple.

"Is that necessary?" she asked him giggling.

"I don't like how he looked at you." he told her shrugging his shoulders.

"Just let it slide, okay." she told him squeezing his hand she was holding all this time and gave him a smile. They walked over the grand piano at the corner, he let her hand go as she sat down on the bench. She patted the space beside her motioning him to sat down next to her. "You said you know how to play the piano." she looked at him expectantly.

"As far as I remember I told you that I tried learning how to play." he countered.

"I'm sure you learn something at some point." she insisted.

He played a few keys playing For Elise but keep making mistakes. "That's all I can remember." he told her laughing.

She clapped her hands looking happy at him playing the piano. "Do you know chopstick marching?" she asked him playing a slow tune on the piano.

He nodded, "It's one of the songs I can play on the piano just fine." he said.

"Play it on the third octave." she told him.

"I don't know where the third octave is." she pointed where it was. He was playing the melody while she play the harmony in the piano but he suddenly stopped playing. "What was that?" he asked her.

"Just keep going." she said laughing afterwards they continued to play the piece and the workers of the store were all watching the couple but they seem to be oblivious to their surroundings then the song ended they both clapped their hands smiling happily at each other.

"Play something." he requested.

She thought about what she'll play for a while, decided she played The Entertainer in the midst of her playing the salesman came back holding the guitar still inside of it's case. She stopped playing and they both stoop up from the bench. The salesman handed the guitar to Sidney, opening the case he carefully took out the classic black, Gibson hummingbird guitar handing it over to Cassandra. She took it sitting back down on the bench to try it out. She started playing random chords to it alternating from strumming to pluquing the guitar in the midst of playing Sidney pushed back her hair that was falling off of the guitar disturbing her playing making her laughed, "Thank you."

"It's the best acoustic guitar." she told him. "The sound it made is just really a sweet treat." she handed over the guitar to him and he sat down beside her placing the guitar on his lap.

He played the chords of the song she taught to him on their last meeting making her smile broadly and happy to know that he still remember what she thought to him. "It really sound beautiful." he said putting the guitar back inside the case.

"How much is it?" Cassandra asked the salesman that was ignored the whole time watching them interact with each other.

"$4,999.00" he answered.

She looked at Sidney standing up from the bench. "Where are we going to pay for it?" he asked him handing the guitar over.

"To the counter, sir." The salesman informed him taking the guitar and walked towards the counter along with him Cassandra was right behind him. He took out his wallet, opening it he grabbed on of his credit card and hand it over to the cashier.

While Sidney was paying the salesman put a sticker of the store on the case of the guitar as a proof of them buying it then handing it over to Cassandra. "It's the first time a costumer is more beautiful than the guitar." he told her smiling sheepishly at her.

"Thank you." she gave a small smile then glanced at Sidney that now was glaring at the poor guy. He took the guitar from her and on his free hand he held hands with her then started walking out of the store.
______________

Studio

"I only see him glare like that whenever someone touch his stick after he taped it." James said.

"And Geno still always does it." Flower added.
_____________

Sidney's SUV

Sidney placed his new guitar at the backseat after opening the door for Cassandra and climb to the drive seat afterwards but before driving out of the parking lot he called Mario Lemieux, his boss and mentor, to accept his lunch invitation to the couple.

Mario answered the phone after three rings. "Sid."

"I just want to ask if the invitation for lunch is still open?" he asked his mentor.

"Of course it is, Natalie will definitely love to have the two of you to come over for lunch."

"Is it going to be at your house?" he asked.

"it will be."

"We’ll be on our way." he said.

"Alright." with that they hung up the phone and he started pulling out of the driveway heading to the Lemieux's house for their lunch.

"You're not nervous to meet them, are you?" he asked her worried she might be nervous about the meeting of his second family.

"Not at all. I've met them before they're very nice to me." she assured him.

He took her hand giving it a gentle squeezed. "Of course they like you because even the salesman like you." he glance at her looking at him laughing.

"Are we back at it again, like seriously?"

"I don't like him."

"How's that, Jason and I are partners in the curtain call of Stars On Ice and we have to hold hands and embraced each other. What will be your reaction?" she asked him.

"You can't do it." he stated.

"It's part of the choreography."

"I forbid it."

She laughed, "I'm sorry but you can't."

The conversation was cut when they arrived at the Lemieuxs, he stopped the SUV in front of the mansion on the circular driveway getting out of the car he handed his keys to an old man to drive it to the garage.

"Thank you, Monty." he told the old man. "And this is my fiancé, Cassandra Collins." he placed his hand on the small of her back as he introduced her to the old man. "This is Monty Wismar, he is the driver of the Lemieuxs for as long as I could remember." he smiled warmly to the driver.

She held out her hand to shake his, "It's nice to meet you." he took it hand shook hands with her.

"Take good care of our kid right here, miss. He's a very nice guy." he told her.

She smiled then looked at Sidney as he told the old man, "I will."

"Monty, we'll be going inside. It's nice to see you again." he told him and they enter the mansion, the older couple, Mario and Natalie was waiting in the foyer with welcoming smiles for the younger couple.

"Hello! I'm glad you two agreed to have lunch with us." Natalie greeted them hugging Sidney then Cassandra. "Look at you! You grow up very beautiful, I remember seeing you and Cedric being tagged along by Austin on a game for the first time when you're just fourteen to seat with us." Natalie told her excitedly like a mother, who haven’t seen her daughter for a long time.

"Thank you."

"Come on, the food is getting cold." Mario said patting Sidney on the back as they walked towards the dining room. "Natalie really love her, you know." he commented at the women chatting animatedly.

"It's hard not to." he told the man who became like a second father to him straight on the eyes.

Mario gave him a warm smile of understanding his feelings for the Cassandra giving him another pat on the back. "I never doubt any of your decisions." was all the older man said to him.

"Where are the kids?" he asked him.

"They're on summer camp. It's just Natalie and I here at home."

The couples sat down on the long mahogany dining table, Mario sat at the helm while on his right was his wife and to his left was Sidney and beside him was Cassandra. The maids enter their lunch and they started eating while continuing their conversations.

"Where did the two of you when you called me?" Mario asked.

"We're at music store just bought a guitar." Sidney answered.

"Do you know how to play a guitar?" Natalie asked him never knew he was fond of musical instrument.

"I'm learning, Cassy's taught me once and it made me interested to try playing."

Natalie smiled towards Cassandra, "I think it's a good idea to share your hobbies to make the two of you more closer to each other," she said agreeing at the progress the two had made since their first date. Only if they know how far they really are now.

The couple looked at each other with smiles on their face. "I think so too." Cassandra said as she nodded agreeing to Natalie.

"I remember when Mario was trying to teach me how to skate at first I was really scared to fall but I did my best to learn knowing how much he loves hockey." Natalie told their story looking at his husband lovingly.

"It's really sweet how up until now you're still sweet to each other." Cassandra commented towards the older couple.

"Thank you, our kids think it's disgusting though." Natalie said.

"My brothers and I act the same way whenever our parents act lovey dovey in front of us but deep inside I think it's really sweet to see such strong love between two people after all those years they've been through together."
___________

Studio

"They really get along so well." Myra commented.

"The Lemieux we're really nice, we can't asked for more better owner." Flower told them, since like Sidney he also lived with the Lemieux for awhile.
___________

Interview Room with Sidney Crosby

"I'm really glad that she get along so well with the Lemieuxs, they've been a second family to me and their opinion about us really means a lot to me." he said.
___________

Lemieux Mansion

Their dessert arrived delivered by the maids again, they set it down on the table then left the couples to resume their lunch.

"I heard you like chocolate so I asked Martha to made chocolate moose for our dessert." Natalie said.

Cassandra looked at him then replied to Natalie, "I do love chocolate."

"I think everybody knows that now." Mario smiled knowingly what the word chocolate means making her blushed, the older man laughed. "I didn’t mean to embarrass you, Cassandra."

"No, it's okay." she assured him, she took a spoon of the dessert to her mouth and moan at how good it tasted. "This taste heavenly!"

The older couple and Sidney chuckled, "Martha is a very good cook but she is really a patissier." Sidney whispered to her grabbing the table napkin to wiped the chocolate on the side of her lips.

She turned her head and their eyes locked then she smiled blushing, "Thank you."

He smiled back at her, "My pleasure."

The older couple watched the younger ones then looked at each other silently communicating about the sweetness of the two looking so natural and at ease now. Sidney and Cassandra snapped back from their little world by Mario clearing his throat they both looked at him like they were caught eating a cookies on the jar in the middle of the night making Natalie laughed.

"You two look really good together." she complimented the two.

After they finished their lunch the couples talked some more but left the Lemieuxs mansion around three o'clock to prepare for the charity event they'll attend for their first public appearance as We Got Married couple. He was driving back to Cedric's place.

"You get along so well with Natalie." he said.

"She's really sweet and nice especially when Cedric and I we're kids, we'll when to Pittsburgh and hangout with Laura to their box watching the game." she shared.

"She's always been motherly to everyone."

She nodded agreeing.

"Are you excited for the charity event tonight?" he asked changing the topic.

"No, I'm more nervous about this than meeting Mario and Natalie." she told him honestly.

He smiled assuring her it will be fine. "We'll do just fine."

He parked his car then open the door for her. They walked till they were on entrance of the building.

"I'll pick you up at six." he told her.

"Okay." they hugged each other and went to their separate ways to prepared for the charity event later tonight.
___________

Later that night … At Cedric's place

Sidney was wearing his tux for the event tonight when he arrived and knocked on the door to picked up his visual fiancé at her brother's place. Cedric opened the door wearing a tux as well, all of the Pens were required to attend the said event for children with autism, it was the first time the whole team will be on same room after almost a month of being assigned to attend different events and parties to represent the Stanley Cup champions.

"Come on in, Cappy! Her highness is still in her room." Cedric told him opening the door wider to let him in. He sat down on the couch comfortably while Cedric grabbed his wallet and keys on the table heading to the door, "I'll be going now, Cassy knows. See ya at the party!" he told his captain then close the door behind him leaving Sidney along in the living room of the apartment.

Cassandra silently enter the living room, his back was facing him so he didn't see her coming in, smiling mischievously she sneaked behind him then playfully pushed his shoulder, "Whaa!" she exclaimed, startling and making him jump on his seat turning his head to looked at her. "Sorry." she apologized laughing.

"Good evening to you too." he greeted her smiling.
__________

Studio

"Sid's very hard to surprise, he is totally not expecting that." Flower shared to his co-commentators.

"She's being playful to him now." Myra commented.
__________

Interview Room with Sidney Crosby

"Before I can't joke around her because I don't know her sense of humor, I'm afraid that I might offend her or something but now she's the one making fun of me, so I think we're so much closer now." he shared to the WGM Interviewer.
__________

Cedric's place

He stood and looked at her again but this time he took his time to take her beauty in with her
white floor-length, gown complimenting her innocent face adding a sophisticated and regal look to her at the same time. And he wanted to kiss her but decided against it, "You look beautiful." he complimented her turning her cheeks red. It suddenly hit him, he never told her she was beautiful face-to-face, damn he really do know how to make a woman special, doesn’t he? He promised to himself that he'll make it up to her.

"Thank you. You look good too" she smiled timidly, "Did Cedric go already?" she asked.

"Not that long." he told her.

She nodded her head, "Shall we go now?"

"Yeah, before we'll late." they left the apartment holding each other's hands then directly get inside his car when they reached the parking lot. "The whole team will be there along with their wives and dates." he told her.

"I met some of them before already, I sometimes hangout at the family box whenever I come to watch a game." she said.

"Good to know. They're all very nice especially Vero and Anne."

"I met Vero but not Anne yet."

"Anne's really nice and such a great mom with their two kids." he said with a wistful look on his face when he mentioned kids.

"You like kids?" she asked seeing the his expression.

"Yeah, they're the cutest thing on earth." he answered, "I actually want to have twins." he said hinting at her but she just nodded not responding making him glance over her, either oblivious or ignoring his insinuation about twins. He glanced at her again but see a blank expression on her face so he continued, "Isn't your mom and aunty identical twins just like you Cedric?" he said grinning when she finally answered.

"Yeah, it's hereditary from my mom's side." was all she said but end up laughing anyway.
__________

Studio

"Isn't that going to far?" James asked frowning.

"You know that he's such a dork at times." Cedric commented.
__________

En route to the charity event

"Do you like kids?" he asked.

"I do, I babysit my nephew whenever I'm home." she answered.

"I want twins." he said again.

"Puppies?" she asked him innocently making him laughed.

"I already got Sam."

"Make her breed more than a twin." she said trolling him.

"You're making fun of me!" he accused glancing at her amused expression.

"Dogs can produce like six puppy in one labor." she continued ignoring his accusation.

"Sam is enough."

"She's lonely." she told him with a fake sad voiced.

He sighed shaking his head but still with a goofy grin on his face. After the thirty minutes drive the couple finally arrived at the hotel, where the event will took place. He handed over the key of his SUV to the valet, she linked her arms to him as they started walking inside the hotel heading to the ballroom, "You ready, Cassy?" he asked her.

She nodded her head and smiled as they walked inside, as if on cue the press swarmed around the couple they were greeted by continues flashed of the camera and reporters that kept firing questions following them inside the ballroom but they just walked smiling at all the camera making their way towards the red carpet for the photo opt.

"Hey, Sid! The two of you look better together in person." the official photographer of the event told him.

"Thank you, Arnold. This is my fiance, Cassandra Collins. Cassy, this is Arnold the photographer of the team." he introduced them to each other.

"It's nice to meet you." Cassandra told the man shaking his hand.

"The honours mine."

"How's the labor of your wife?" he asked.

"It went well, we got a baby boy as our first child." Arnold, the photographer told him proudly.

"Congratulations." the couple told him then they proceed to posed for Arnold. Sidney placed his hand on the small of her back while her hand that was between them rested on his shoulder.

"Closer." Arnold dictated to the couple.

He pulled gently flushed to his side making her placed her free hand to his chest.

"That's a really good shot." he praised the two winking at Sid after finishing the photo opted they were swarmed by the media again and this time they stopped to answer a few questions to promote their participation in WGM.

"How long are the two of you been in We Got Married?" on of the reporters asked.

The couple looked at each other sending sparks around them, "Nearly a month." Cassandra answered not breaking their eye contact.

"Four days till our first monthsary." he corrected grinning at her.

"You keep tracked, huh?" she teased elbowing him playfully.

"Not really, no I don’t." he denied completely gotten oblivious to the reporters around them as they got lost on their own conversation.
__________

Studio

"They ignored the reporters!" Geno said laughing so hard since he hated the media.

"Don't you think that something shift between those two from the last time they see each other?" Myra asked getting suspicious at the sudden change of dynamics of Sidney and Cassandra.

"They missed each other a lot, that's what shift them closer." Boy reasoned.
__________

Charity event

The pattern continue, the reporter will asked them a question and they'll end up talking to each other completely forgetting the media around them. After sometime they were about to escaped the media and their flashing cameras and their endless questions. Flower spotted them first, he stood up from the teams table heading towards Sidney and Cassandra.

"Sid!" he called. "Come on, our table's over there." he said guiding the couple to their designated seat.

"Wow! That's insane, I think the press will not leave the two of you alone." Cedric commented about the couple being swarmed by the media.

"Me too, they're very going ballistic at out participation in We Got Married so much." Sidney agreed sighing heavily then glanced at Cassandra. "You okay?"

She nodded her head, "Although, it is kind of overwhelming."

He looked around the table and realized that some of his single teammates didn't bring a date, perhaps they're afraid to be embarrassed by their dates in front of the camera. He was relief about it, knowing that they were responsible enough to know what was good for them. "You said you haven't meet Anne before." he said to her. "Cassy, this is Anne, Craig's wife. Anne this is my fiancé, Cassy." he introduced the two women.

"It's nice to finally meet you." Anne greeted her.

"It’s nice to meet you too." Cassandra replied.

"Finally Sid bring you." Anne said.

"We need to hide under the radar for a while." she explained.

She was introduced to other players' wives and girlfriends over dinner, they all welcome her warmly to the WAG club as she called them before without knowing that she might become one someday. She didn't need to be introduced to the players since they've known her for years, they just never talk to her though.

"You two get along really well. It's kind of surprising since you never talk to each other at all before." Matt told them.

"Well, we have to talk to each other if we want to make it work." Sidney replied.

Boring speeches about how they've always wanted to help kids with autism was on the roll now on stage.

"I always hate this part." he whispered to her.

She looked at him smiling broadly, "Me too." she whispered back giggling at how they both think it was boring.

They both laughed silently wanting to make comments but decided that it will not be good to be broadcast in the entire North America, so they pretend to listen.

After the speakers gave their speeches the party started to became lively. Few people stopped over to their table to talked to Sidney and he always introduced her to them proudly. Sometimes he will be stocked talking to someone so long, it's a good thing her brothers were there and the wives were engaging her to the conversation asking her questions ever now and then.

Cedric elbowed her to catch her attention. "What?" she asked turning to face her twin brother.

He gave her a knowing smile that said, 'I know something is up but not sure what it is and I'll I find it out.' She got a little nervous, he always been good with his hunches, which worried her that he might already figure out about her and Sidney. She dismissed the idea they didn't do anything out of ordinary in front of everyone, don't they? Besides if he knows something he'll never do anything that might hurt her. They fight all the time but they love each other more than anything else, that's just how they really roll.

"What's wrong?" Sidney asked sensing that she was spacing out as she thought about what her twin brother knows.

She gave him a small smile, "Nothing." then send a glare at Cedric but he just shrugged his shoulder.

"Do you want to dance?" he asked her when people wanting to talked to him wind down.

"Sure." she said and they both stood up heading to the dance floor as the DJ played a slow song.

Sidney placed his hands on her waist while Cassandra wrapped her arms around his neck as they dance to the song. For a while the couple just stay wrapped around each others embraced while her forehead resting on the crooked of his neck without saying a word. she lifted her head to looked at him, he smiled down at her tenderly and kissed her on the forehead giving her a sense of warmth, tenderness and protection.

"It's very sweet whenever you does that." she quietly told him with her eyes closed.
_________

Thank you for reading!

Next chapter…Off-cam: Just A Kiss ^_^

Cassandra's dress at their lunch with the Lemieuxs
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! I just noticed that there are some readers that is skipping the off-cam chapters, I hope you didn't skip the last one or else you're missing out so much. I'm supposed to finished this at the weekends but I've been very unproductive. This morning I was pissed off that the free skating session was cut off because there will be hockey game (those are the moment I don't like hockey) but it immediately fade after seeing two cute little kids wearing a Crosby jersey on the ice. So, a comment is always welcome!

See you next chapter!