Status: On-going...

We Got Married

Episode 9: The Runaway Trip To The Harbor (part I)

Interview room with Sidney Crosby
 
"We're both been very busy this summer and I think that we deserve to had a vacation even just for a few days. When the season starts there will be no time for us to go for a vacation or road trip and I also want to us to get away from worries and pressure of the upcoming season since training camp is coming next week." he told the WGM.

_________
 
Interview room with Cassandra Collins
 
"It was his idea to go to a vacation and I think it was a good one. It will be a very long season ahead and this will be a great time to unwind and relax for us." she said.

_________
 
Pittsburgh International Airport
 
Sidney was waiting for Cassandra on the airport. Last night he offered to pick her up but she told him that he doesn't have to. She was not yet late, in fact there was still ten minutes before five in the morning and their flight was six, he came just very early out of habit.
 
A few minutes later, he spotted her walking towards him wearing a floral playsuit and carrying a heavy looking, duffle bag and a guitar case. He stood up to meet her halfway, taking the duffle bag from her to help her.
 
"We'll only be gone for three days. What's with the big, duffle bag?" he asked as they walked towards the check-in desk.
 
"You haven't seen yet the luggage I carry when I went on the road." she answered.
 
"I don't even want to imagine it."

_________
 
Studio
 
"I wonder what's in the bag." Boy said.
 
Cedric shrugged his shoulder. "She never learns how to pack light." he told his co-commentator.
 
"She's a woman, what do you expect?" Ryan joined them.
 
"Even if she's a woman she didn't have to bring a big duffle bag for a three days vacation." Myra shoots back to him.

__________
 
Pittsburgh International Airport
 
After they check-in, they sat down on the chairs in front of their gate as they wait for their flight number to be called.
 
"You took a cab coming here?" he asked her.
 
She shook her head. "I drive Cedric's car."
 
"Didn't you say you're not a good driver?"
 
"Yeah but I can drive decently."
 
He nodded. "You really had to bring your guitar?" he asked. She had the guitar as a carry-on, afraid that it might be broken.
 
"I always bring my guitar when I went to a vacation." she told him.
 
"I practiced playing guitar when I had a free time."
 
"Really?!" she squealed excitedly.
 
"But I can't play the guitar and sing at the same time."
 
"So you do sing?" she asked him, giving him a wide-eyed smile.
 
"I like to sing but my voice sounds bad."
 
"Let's play guitar and sing tonight!"
 
"I'll be your audience." he offered.
 
"We can sing duets."
 
He shook his head crossing his arms in front of his chest.
 
"We'll see about that later." she said it like she was challenging him.
 
"Are you trying to say you can make me sing?" he asked teasing her.
 
"I didn't say that." she crossed her arms in front of her chest as well.
 
They're flight number was now being announced and they stood up to fall in line along with the other passengers. They sat down on their designated seats; she was sitting by the window while he was near the aisle.
 
When they're finally settled and their plane was up in the sky she pulled out a penguin stuff toy out of her bag, which made him chuckled as he took it from her.
 
"I had an endearment name for you now." she told him.
 
"What is it?"
 
"Penguin!" He burst out laughing.

__________
 
Studio
 
"It's more of an insult name that an endearment." Ryan snickered.
 
"As if you can expect something serious from Cassy when it comes to couplish things." Cedric commented.

_________
 
In the plane
 
"Let's stick to calling each other our nicknames." he said still laughing.
 
"But I think penguin is cute!"
 
"The animal, yes, but I don't think it's a good endearment name."
 
"Starfish." she suggested.
 
"Why starfish?" he asked frowning, getting confused where she got that from.
 
"Your second name is Patrick, so I'll call you Patrick the starfish!"
 
"And you'll be SpongeBob?"
 
She nodded eagerly.
 
"Are you toying with me today?"
 
"No, I'm not!"
 
"I'd rather we stick to our nicknames." he repeated.
 
"Okay, I'm just suggesting." she shrugged.
 
He was playing with the penguin stuff toy. "You always had a penguin with you all the time."
 
"I have tons of it. I don’t even know what to do with them."
 
"We can give them to kids that are penguins' fans." he suggested.
 
"Good idea! I'll bring them with me next time I come back!"
 
"They'll definitely like it." he hand the stuff toy back to her.
 
"How's the two penguins I gave to you?" she hugged the stuff toy and he wished that it was him hugging her.
 
"They're in my place. You can come with me next week when I visit the Little Penguins program."
 
"I'd love to."
_________
 
Interview room with Sidney Crosby
 
"I want involve her with my charity work. I like her to support me and be part of it like a normal girlfriend or wife. She said before that she loves kids so I think it will not be a problem at all if she help me with Little Penguins." he shared.

_________
 
Pellston Regional Airport (Michigan)
 
After the one and a half hours of flight from Pittsburgh the couple finally landed to Pellston. They rented a SUV then drove for thirty minutes from the airport heading to Harbor Springs. Cassandra type the address of the resort in the GPS for him to follow the directions to the resort she booked them in.
 
"You said we'll only rent a cabin." he asked her when he read the name of the resort in the GPS.
 
She nodded her head. "We'll be renting a cabin inside the resort."
 
"I thought it's just a cabin by the beach not within a resort."
 
"You'll like the place!" she promised to him excitedly.
 
"When was the last time you've been there?"
 
"Two years ago and I just fell in love with the place. It's very beautiful."
 
"It seems off the beaten path," he said.
 
"It's meant to have a rustic, one-with-nature kind of feel," Jordan said. They drove around another bend, and then pulled into a clearing at what appeared to be the main lodge. Several cars lined the driveway ahead of them, and Sidney did a quick tally: two Mercedes, one Porsche 911, a BMW 6 Series, and an Aston Martin.
 
He raised an eyebrow as he parked their rental SUV behind the Aston Martin. "Rustic?"
 
"Well ... call it 'rich-person rustic,' " she conceded. He opened her door and slid out of the SUV, all long, gorgeous legs, and her golden blond hair shining in the warm Michigan sun. In an instant, she looked like she belonged.
 
"Welcome, Mr. Crosby and Ms. Collins," said the valet as he took the keys from him. "Did you have a pleasant flight?"
 
"Very pleasant. Thank you." he answered.
 
They entered a large, Western-style main lodge, where a front desk clerk greeted them. She seemed to recognize them immediately, confirmed her reservation for a one-bedroom beachfront cabin, telling them their cabin number, and produced an actual set of keys. Apparently, rich-person rustic didn't include key cards.
 
Before she made a reservation he joked that she should book a one-bedroom cabin for them, she just laughed and he didn't think that she might take it seriously.
 
"Are you sure it will be okay to you to sleep in the bed with me?" he asked worried that she felt like she was obliged to sleep beside him for two nights.
 
"Of course." They started walking down to the beachfront. Along the way, they passed by several bungalow-style cabin set a good distance apart for privacy.
 
They saw the cabin with the number the front desk clerk told them was theirs, and they stepped onto a large covered patio complete with a fireplace, an outdoor living area, and the beautiful view of the beach.
 
He used the key to unlock a glass door that took them inside the cabin and into a living room with a marble-surround fireplace and state-of-the-art entertainment center.
 
"So this is rich-person rustic." Sidney set the bags down and looked around. Through the windows, he could see that the master suite was an entirely separate space on the opposite end of the patio. He walked back outside, cut across the deck, and opened the door to the bedroom. He took in the king bed covered with plush pillows and the dark cherry dressers and nightstands. Adjacent to the bedroom was a large stone and granite bathroom complete with two vanities, an oversized tub, and a combination steam/rain shower. French doors along one wall of the bathroom led to a private outdoor shower. She was right, the place was beautiful.
 
"Think it'll do?" Cassandra asked from behind him.
 
"Tell me you hadn't paid for our stay here yet." He said instead of answering her question because the place was surely expensive and he will not let her pay for this even though he knows she was capable of.
 
"I already pay half of it." She answered. She made sure to pay the half because she knows he will not let her pay a single penny for their stay here. It might sound calculative but she thinks it was unfair that he was the one keep on paying for everything and it was not like she lack financially. She just doesn’t want to be dependent on him.
 
He stared at her crossing his arms while she sighed and stood in front of him uncrossing his arms then wrapped her arms around his waist, giving him a small smile. "It's our vacation, Sid. You're not going to let that ruin our time to relax and unwind for a few days, are you?"
 
"But- " she interrupted him.
 
"No buts, just fun, okay?"
 
It was his turned to sigh this time then nodded his head in agreement.

_______
 
Studio
 
"She surely do know how to be manipulative if she wants to." Ryan commented.
 
"Yeah, she always know how to get what she wants." Cedric agreed to him.
 
"But I think what she did is fine. He will surely not let her pay for anything the entire trip, so she just seeks a solution for it. She can't let him pay all the time, it's already 21st century, you know." Myra said siding with Cassandra.

______
 
Interview room with Cassandra Collins
 
"It's our vacation, I think it was only fair that I pay half of our expenses. We're both financially stable, so there shouldn't be any problem about the money. Sid is use to paying for everything but it makes me feel being dependent on him. It's okay for him to pay if we're talking about small amount of money but if it's way too expensive I think I should contribute half of it." she told the WGM

______

Interview room with Sidney Crosby

"I think it's the man's job to pay for the family, that's why they we're the one working. I'm a very traditional kind of guy, even though she is financially stable or not I take it as my job."

______
 
In their cabin
 
He cupped her cheeks with both hands and planted a kiss on her lips. "Fine." He said as he went back into the living room to grab their bags and brought it to the bedroom. He saw her yawn as he enter the room. He sat down on the bed beside her, starting to unlace his shoelace then removed his rubber shoes and socks.
 
"Let's take a nap for a while." he told her as he removed the comforter and lay down on the bed.
 
She took off her flats and climbed on the bed as well without hesitation then he pulled her closer. As soon as her head rested on his bicep and lay down next to him cuddling, she fell asleep. He draped his free arm around her waist hugging her closer to him before sleep took him as well.

______
 
Studio
 
"Is this going to lead into a bed scene?" Ryan asked.
 
Cedric glared at him, making the other co-commentators laughed at his reaction.
 
"There is a bed so I guess you can call it that." Boy said to lighten up the mood.

______
 
In their cabin
 
Sidney was the first one to wake up, it was around one in the afternoon already. He gently shook Cassandra's shoulder to wake her up. "Cassy, wake up." he whispered softly to her ears.
 
She stirred then opened her eyes, still looked sleepy. She rubbed her eyes and stretched out, pressing her body closer to his. She just lay down there on the bed staring at him not making any move to get off of it.
 
"Still sleepy?" he asked chuckling.
 
She nodded her head and he pulled her to his chest again.
 
"Go back to sleep."
 
"You like cuddling so much."
 
"It's because I'm sweet." he joked.
 
"How did you know had you tasted yourself?" He don't mind to taste himself if his come was inside her and he had to lick it clean. That was a very sick, he thought to himself. He had to remind himself that the question was innocent like Cassandra, he was probably the only one thinking about it having a double meaning. Thank God, he changed to cargo pants because his erection will definitely going to be visible if he was still wearing his jeans and he didn't want to whole North America to his erection outlined to his jeans because his visual fiancé.
 
"Let's get out of this bed before we get in trouble."
 
"What kind of trouble?" He carefully removed his arm that her head rested and stood up. She looked so beautiful laying there on the bed and he wanted to do things to her that was not allowed to do in front of the camera. If she was another woman he might think that her words were an innuendo or she was flirting with him but he knows her to give her words a different light that what it really means.
 
"I'm hungry, let's eat lunch." he told her instead of answering her question.
 
"Just order room service." she took a pillow and hugged it still not getting up from the bed.
 
He sat down on the bed and dialled the room service number on the notepad near the telephone on the bedside table to order their lunch. "They'll deliver our order in thirty minutes." he informed her after he order their lunch. He took his bag that was at the foot of the bed and went inside the bathroom, locking the door.
 
When he emerged from the bathroom he changed to a cargo pants and plain white, T-shirt. He looked at the bed and saw that she goes back to sleep. There was a sound of the doorbell ringing, must be their room service, he grabbed his wallet and went to the living room to receive it. He paid it then pushed the cart to the outdoor living area, wanting to eat their lunch in front of the incredible view of the beach.
 
He goes back to their bedroom to wake her up again. He sat down on the bed then shook her shoulder gently.
 
"Cassy." he whisper her name again to her ears. She finally woke up then sat down on the bed rubbing her eyes. "Our lunch already arrived." he told her.
 
"Just give me a minute." She said standing up from the bed heading to the bathroom.
 
"I'll be in the patio."
 
"Okay." She went inside the bathroom to brush her teeth and wash her face, removing her light, make-up and decided to just apply a lip gloss inside of reapply her make-up.
 
After going to the bathroom she goes to the outdoor living area and sat down on the table across from him. He already prepared their food and plates on the table.

"You awake now?"

She nodded her head then they started eating their late lunch.

"The place is really beautiful like you said."

She smiled. "Glad you like it." She looked at the beach in front of them. "Let's walk around the beach after we eat." She suggested.

He nodded in agreement.

When the couple were done eating their late lunch they strolled down the into the beach, walking hand in hand.

"Do you think we can go fishing here?" he asked her.

She nodded her head."We can go to the shop near the dock to buy the things we need and to rent a boat."

"Let's check it out tomorrow morning, so we can go fishing."

"Okay."

"I already contact a real estate agent and give him the description of the house you want. He said he already had a list of houses with all of those description I gave to him. I want us to check it out as soon as possible." he told her.

"When?"

"Can you stay till Friday? I have to go to New York Monday and will be back on Tuesday night."

"I guess so. Camp will start on the tenth, I can still go back to London for a few days if I leave Friday."

"We can go house hunting on Thursday."

She nodded her head in agreement. "When is your camp going to start?"

"It will start on the ninth."

"We have to move immediately."

"We'll have to plan our wedding next then as soon as possible."

"Before the season started." she agreed.

_______

Interview room with Cassandra Collins

"When Sid told me about the real estate agent he contact, my first thought was, 'This is it. We're really getting closer to that point of our visual married.' I'm excited to look for our house and nervous at the same time. It will be my first house since I didn't move out yet of my parents' house." she said.

_______

By the beach

"What kind of wedding do you want?"

"A garden wedding!"

"And Flower will be our priest." he suggested.

"I think it will be more fun if Max is our priest."

"Talbot?" he asked a little surprised by her suggestion.

She nodded. "When he was still in Penguins, he was the only one player that ever talk to me. He's always been very nice and made me laughed."

"He's really a great guy." he can't agree more. Even though he was traded to their number one rival team, he stayed as one of the best friend he ever had. "How was he to you?" He can't help but asked. Max might be a great guy but he was a ladies' man.

"He'd been like a big brother to me."

A typical answer of hers whenever she was asked about the men she was closed with. He didn't say anything just squeezed her hand and they continue to walked down the beach in silence.

"I'm used to being everybody's little sister." she told him as if reading his mind then squeezed his hand as well, breaking the silence that surrounded them.

"You've never been a little sister to me."

She nodded. "You never did treat me like one even before because you always ignore me." She shoots back to him.

"I always said 'Hi!' to you whenever we see each other." he defended.

"Okay, not always but there was a time when you guys we're at our house, in the middle of the night, you went to the kitchen to get a water and I was there getting a midnight snack. I said 'Hey!' to you but you just ignore me and left the kitchen."

"What?" he asked in disbelief not remembering that incident. "I can't remember it." he scratched his the back of his neck.

"Well, I remember it."

"I would never do that, especially to you."

"You already did."

"I really can't remember."

"It's fine. I think I was only around fifteen or sixteen back then."

"You still remember that?"

"I had a good memory."
_______

Studio

"She remember it because she had a crush on him. You can never forget the things your crush did to you even how small it was." Myra commented.
_______

By the beach

"I can't remember much of our encounters before We Got Married." he admitted.

"Aw! Am I that unremarkable?"

"No, just unapproachable and intimidating." he answered honestly.

"I'm not."

"You just don't notice it but people around you does."

"Should I smile more often?"

"Don't, let other men have an impression of you being unapproachable."

"You're mean!" she playfully punched him in the shoulder.

"No I'm not. It's for your own good. You see, it's working just fine till now." he walked towards the water.

"Why are you going to the water?" she asked him but he started splashing water on her. "Hey!" she protested at him but he continued playing and splashing the water, so she just decided to join him. "We should have change first." she told him.

He just grinned at her boyishly and carried her bridal style, she yelped wrapping her arms around his neck, as he made a beeline for the water. He only stopped going farther when the water reached his waist. "Should I drop you?" he asked. He tossed her a bit in the air to kid her about dropping her in the water but he caught her.

"Put me down!" she demanded to him and he put her down then the wave crushed into them but he dug into the sandy bottom to hold them both steady as the water battered at them, soaking them from head to toes.

They played some more before getting off of the water and comes back to their cabin to change their soaked clothes. Sidney let Cassandra take a shower and change her

clothes
first before him.

When he get inside the bathroom to change she started arranging her clothes and things inside the dresser. After organizing her things she fished out her phone, turning it on, she forgot that she switched it off when they board the plane. She gasped when she saw her mother's missed calls and text messages to her.

"What's wrong?" He asked getting out of the bathroom while towelling his hair.

"I forgot to call my mom when we arrived." she told him. "I'll just call her." she headed to the bathroom to call her mother in private. The WGM staff informed them that they installed cameras inside their cabin, except for the bathroom while they were walking around the beach.

He went to the living room and fluffed down on the couch turning the TV on. She came out to join him in the living room sitting down beside him. he put his arms around her shoulder pulling her closer to him. "What did your mom said?"

"She asked if am I enjoying too much that I forgot to call her earlier when we arrived."

"What did you say?"

"She got nothing to worry I'm still alive and kicking just being young and wild and free, which my mom thinks I'm very sarcastic."

"Do you answer your mom like that?"

"Most of the time."

He shook his head amused then she clapped her hands together.

"I remember something!" she stood up and disappeared back to their bedroom. When she comes back she had her guitar with her. "You said you practice playing guitar!" She took it out of it's case handing it over to him then muted the TV.

"I did practice." He said.

"Play More Than Words then."

"You'll sing?"

She nodded her head and he started playing the guitar. He surely did practice, he didn't need to stopped while switching chords and the strumming sound smooth now. He even looked like he was actually enjoying it, which made her smile as she sung along to him playing the guitar.

Saying I love you 
Is not the words I want to hear from you 
It's not that I want you 
Not to say, but if you only knew 
How easy it would be to show me how you feel 
More than words is all you have to do to make it real 
Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me 
'Cause I'd already know 
What would you do if my heart was torn in two 
More than words to show you feel 
That your love for me is real 
What would you say if I took those words away 
Then you couldn't make things new 
Just by saying I love you 


When the song ended she clapped happily. "You did really great."

"Really?" he started playing the chords he knows strumming randomly. "You need to teach me a new song."

________

Interview room with Cassandra Collins

"Considering how busy he must be the entire summer yet he still found a time to practice playing the guitar really made me happy. To know that he enjoy a hobby of mine that I shared with him is very satisfying. At first I thought that I only forced him to start playing guitar but now I can see that he was sincere about wanting to learn to play guitar." she said.

________

In their cabin

"Only if you sing a duet with me." She stared at him with a glimmer in her eyes.

"How can I say no when you're looking at me like that?"

"Looking at you like what?"

"I can't explain it but it's something about when you're eyes are sparkling like that." He handed the guitar back to her. "I really can't sing."

"She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5, it's easy to sing." she told him. "You know the song, right?"

"Yeah, but don't know the lyrics that much."

She took out her phone to searched the lyrics of the song then hand it over to him. "Your part will be the first verse and the verse after the chorus." she told him.

He sighed heavily, "Okay."

She started playing the intro of the song then gave him a signal to start singing the first verse.

"Beauty queen of only eighteen
She had some trouble with herself
He was always there to help her
She always belonged to someone else"
He sung the song flatly but in tune.

"I drove for miles and miles
And wound up at your door
I've had you so many times but somehow
I want more"
She sung her part.

"I don't mind spending everyday
Out on your corner in the pouring rain
Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile
And she will be loved
She will be loved"
They both sung the chorus and surprisingly they harmonize just fine.

________

Studio

"He's not that bad." Myra commented.

"They even harmonized their voice well." Boy added.

"It's Cassandra who carried their voice together." Ryan said.

_______

In their cabin

It was his turned to sing the next verse of the song again. "Tap on my window knock on my door
I want to make you feel beautiful
I know I tend to get so insecure
It doesn't matter anymore"


"It's not always rainbows and butterflies
It's compromise that moves us along, yeah
My heart is full and my door's always open
You can come anytime you want"


"I don't mind spending everyday
Out on your corner in the pouring rain
Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile
And she will be loved
And she will be loved
And she will be loved
And she will be loved"

"Yay! We did great!" she told him.

"Does that make you happy?" he asked her.

She nodded her head enthusiastically.

He sighed deeply. "It don’t have a face to show to people anymore."

"You sounded good."

"I don't believe you. You're only making me feel better."

"Of course not." she randomly play different chords. "We should wake up each other in the morning by playing the guitar." she suggested.

"What?" he asked laughing at he suggestion.

"Wake me up
Wake me up inside"
She started playing the guitar and singing the chorus of Bring Me To Life.

"I can’t wake up" He shouted the second voice, which made her laughed.

"Wake me up inside"

"Save me"

"Call my name and save me from the dark"

"Wake me up"

"Bid my blood to run"

"I can’t wake up"

"Before I come undone"

"Save me"

"Save me from the nothing I’ve become" She laughed after singing the last line. "That was so fun!"

He can't help but laughed along with her. She looked at the wall clocked above the fireplace and was surprised to see that it was already late and it was already dark outside. "It's already 8:32?"

He glanced on the clocked as well. "I'll order dinner." he called the room service on the phone beside the couch to order their dinner.

Cassandra was looking at the menu even though they already ordered. "It's a shame they don't have a pizza."

Sidney laughed at her obsession with pizza. "Why do you like pizza so much?"

"Because it's really easy to make, my favorite recipe involves my cell phone and a $20 bill, combine both and 30 minutes later a kid knocks on the door with a hot fresh pizza."

He narrowed his eyes at her answer but she just laughed at him.

"You eat pizza, you should know why."

"I do eat pizza but I'm not that obsess with it."

"Then there is something wrong with you." she said seriously and he started tickling her side, making her squealed.

"You're ticklish, huh?" he continued to keep on tickling her while she tried to squirmed away from him but he grabbed her waist and laid her down flat on her back on the couch then the doorbell ring. He stood up from the couch to get the door as she stick out her tongue at him. "We're not yet done, missy."

He pushed the cart into the living room then they arranged their dinner on the table to eat. After their dinner the couple retreat now to their bedroom. He went to the bathroom to change first to T-shirt and sweat pants then she goes inside after him. He laid down on the bed his arms behind his head waiting for her, it was already 10:54 pm.

When she came out of the bathroom he can't help but laughed and cover his face with a pillow. She was wearing SpongeBob PJ's.

________

Studio

"She's supposed to wear something sexy for the night." Myra said.

"Her plan is so seduce him with her awkwardness." Cedric can't help but laughed as well like all the commentators.

________

In their cabin

"What are you laughing at?" she said crawling to the bed.

"You look cute."

"Thank you."

"Come on, let's sleep." he said pulling her to his side cuddling.

"You're always so warm like you're a human heater." she told him as they silently lay there on the bed.

"Is that a compliment?"

She thinks about it for a while. "I don't know either." she yawned then snuggled to his side, drifting to sleep easily. He kissed her hair that smells like strawberries then runs his fingers through it for a while till he fell asleep as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yo! Next chapter … Episode 10 part II of their vacation.

Thank you for reading!