Status: On-going...

We Got Married

I'd Lie

Two days have pass since their vacation in Harbor Springs. Last Sunday, after they arrived back to Pittsburgh they spent the whole day together cuddling on his couch while watching movies then she cooked dinner for the two of them. They never dare to eat out, not wanting anyone to see them together outside WGM tapings that might spark gossip. The Sidney flew to New York for a meeting and tonight he’ll be coming home.

Cassandra missed him. She missed his warmth as he cuddled her and the way she perfectly fit into his arms like she was made to be there. And his kisses. His random forehead, temple and shoulder kisses. Then there was his kisses on her lips that never failed to liquefied her brain and turned her knees into jelly. She was no boy-crazy kind of girl, never even give boys a thought in her mind before and she assure herself that she was not going to start turning into one.

But honestly it was only been two days and yet she missed him more than before. Maybe it was because she was all alone at her brother’s condo the whole time unlike before she was busy rehearsing and touring with her team and training mates that she never had a time to think about how much she missed him. Yeah. That must be the reason.

He wanted her to cook dinner for him when he comes home, so she went to the grocery this morning. She liked how he loves her cooking so much. She travels so much that most of the time she eat restaurant food or room service. To be able to eat a home-cooked meal is heaven to her. To cook it herself is a double bonus that was why she practiced cooking a lot on her spear time.

She never thought to use her cooking skills to impress a guy before but she guess that the best way to the man’s heart
is through his stomach. Wait! Heart? They were dating. Yes. They like each other. Yes. But that doesn’t mean hearts, love, rainbows, ribbons, butterflies and unicorns were involved in their relationship… right? Her train of thoughts was interrupted by her ringing phone.

She grabbed it from the center island and saw Sidney’s picture and number on the screen. She answered his call excited to talk to him although he just called her earlier before he board the plane back to Pittsburgh. “Hi!” She answered cheerfully.

“Hey!” He sounded jubilant on the other on the other end of the line. “I already arrived.” He informed her.

“That’s great! I’m about to cook our dinner.”

“What’s for dinner?”

“Are in the mood for pork?”

“I love meat.”

“Wonderful!” She was smiling broadly.

“I can’t wait for dinner. I’ll be there at six.”

“Alright, bye!”

“Bye.”

She hung up the phone and went back to preparing their dinner. She still had an hour and a half to cook and change before he arrived because she didn’t think that her clothes looked appropriate for dinner.

After preparing their dinner, she took a quick shower and change into a white dress . She even took time curling her hair in the curling iron. She never cared about what other guys think about her appearance pre-WGM and Sidney period of her life. If her brothers find out about her trying hard to look good for Sidney they’ll definitely never gonna let her live without reminding her about it just to get back to her after all the time she made fun of them and their girlfriends for being too lovey dovey. Ugh! What’s wrong with her? She was turning into a hopeless romantic. She cringed at the thought while she wrapped strands of her hair around the hot iron to curl it.

She glanced at the clock on her bedside table. She still had a few minutes before he arrived. She tried to curl her hair into bigger curls to make it quick. She stood in front of her full-length mirror, satisfied with how she looked she went to the living room, turning the TV on she sat down there and wait for him.
Five minutes later there was a knock on the door. She catapulted from the couch to flourish her dress and fixed her hair then she walked to the door to open it.

“Sid!” She exclaimed and wound her arms around his neck to give him a hug.
He automatically wrapped his arms around her waist to tug her closer to him. “Hey!” He nuzzled his face in her neck to breathe her in. He missed her so much that it was driving him crazy. It reminds him of the definition of love he gave to her on their first date.

She pulled away from him and gave him a bright smile. “Come in!”
“You look beautiful.” He complimented her, which made her blush. Does he not compliment her enough? Because to him she was getting more and more beautiful each time he saw her but in his opinion she looked the best when she just wake up in the morning. There was no need for makeup, she naturally look beautiful.

“Thank you.” She took his hand to hers as he closed the door behind him then she led him to the dining room, where their dinner was laid out. The smell of apple surrounded the room, making his mouth water with the dinner she cooked tonight. They sat down on the dining table. “Do you want a glass of wine?” She asked him.

“I’ll drink what you’ll drink.”

“How was your flight back?”

“It was good. I sat down next to a businessman and he recognized me then we talked mostly about hockey since he is a fan of the team. He also told me that he thinks we look good together.” He grinned boyishly at her, making her chuckled.

“That’s so nice of him.” She poured both of their glass an iced tea while he took a bite of the pork chops with apple glazed she cooked. She waited as he took the first bite. His closed eyes and murmured sounds of approval made her smile.

“Who would have thought apple and onion taste great together?” He scooped another forkful into his mouth. More yummy sounds. She liked that.

“That was the same thought I had when I try it at first.”

“Where did you learn to cook this good?”

“Food Network, the internet and some practice.”

“Have you ever thought of opening up a restaurant?”

She shook her head and dug into her own plate before answering him. “Not really. If I’ll open a business in the future it will be a pastry shop because I like to bake more than to cook.”

“You also bake?”

“I love baking. It helps me relieve stress and I also love to eat sweets.”

“The closest thing to baking I can make is peanut butter and jelly sandwich.”

“That’s really hard to do.” She tried to keep her face neutral but failed as she can’t contain her laughter.

“I don’t know whether that laugh is because of my joke or an insult to my lack of baking skills.” He said laughing along
with her.

“I don’t know either but we can remedy your lack of baking skills! We can bake together tomorrow.”

“I want to learn how to bake a cake.”

“We’ll start with cookies and cupcakes first before we go to baking cakes.”

“Alright, but seriously if you decided to open a restaurant I’m a willing business partner.” He grinned at her.

She laughed. “Sorry but I can’t see myself opening up a restaurant.”

“Then I’ll open a restaurant and hire you as a cook.”

“How sure are you that I’ll accept the job?”

He thought about it. “I’ll just keep you lockup in my house to cook for me every day.”

“Seriously?”

“Yeah, because I’m now addicted to your fancy cooking.”

“This isn’t fancy cooking, Sid. It is very easy to cook. In fact I learned this recipe from watching Food Network.”

“It looks fancy to me.”

“Next time I’ll show you what really fancy cooking is like.” She gave him a half-smirked and he found it so sexy.

“I’ll hold you to it.” They finished their dinner and he was trying to help her clean up but like the last time he ate dinner
there she refused. “I’m hardly a guest here now. Let me help.” He volunteered.

“This is only the second time you ate dinner with me here so you’re still a guest.”

“But I told you before I’ll always wash the dishes.”

“ And I never agree nor disagree to you if you remember.”

He narrowed his eyes staring at her and she stared right back not intimidated by him at all. He sighed and sat down on
the chair to watch her cleaned up. He had no idea how she always have the last word. He found it annoying but he liked what she had to say, and she didn’t take any of his bullshit. He pushed, she pushed back. He sometimes didn’t agree with her or her methods, but that didn’t really matter. She wasn’t one of those pleaser people who kissed his ass. She actually kicked his ass. He liked that about her, too. She just looked soft and sweet on the outside but she was tough. She never made him feel like a hockey superstar that he was when they were together, all she did was made him felt like a man spending time with his woman. He guessed that was one of the reasons he fell for her because with her he was sure that he was just Sidney Crosby the man.

When she finished cleaning up, she led him to the living room. “I’ve brought a DVD of a new action film I want to watch.” He told her, handing the DVD to her.

“I didn’t watch it yet too.” She said then went to put it in the DVD player.

“Come here.” She willingly sat and cuddled to his side with a cute grin on her face. He never hung out with a girl. He hangs out with Taylor, but that was different since she was his little sister. With Cassandra, he wanted to spend time with her and sleep with her all at the same time. She was intoxicating, so pretty, and sweet.

He had never waited this long to have sex with a woman that he was dating, but with her, it was different. They had been together in real life for more than a month now, and he was fine with the fact that he hadn’t seen her naked. He just wanted to see her but after their vacation his will to take things slow seemed to slowly crumbling down. There was sexual tension in the air or maybe that was just his imagination since she never shows any sexual innuendo, he was pretty sure that she was too pure and innocent for that to ever occurred to her.

“How was your trip to New York went?” She asked him.

“It turns out great.” He smiled broadly. The meeting was about the NHL letting the players to play for their national team on the 2014 Sochi Olympics.

“What was the meeting about?” He mentioned many times his meeting in New York but she never ask him what it was about because she didn’t want him to think she was being a nosy girlfriend.

“It was about the upcoming Olympics. The NHL finally agreed to let the players go to the Olympics to play for their national team.” He was very happy with the decision of the NHL. He loves to play and represent his country to another Olympic games.

“If Bettman will not let the players play to the Olympics hockey fans will surely burn him alive this time, especially after the lockout last season.”

He can’t help but laughed. “That’s my thoughts as well. But actually thanks to them we’re together.” He grinned.

“What do you mean?”

“They want me to participate in We Got Married for publicity and my agent also thinks it is a great idea to stop the rumors about me being gay.”

She laughed. “That rumor is ridiculous! So you don’t really like to join We Got Married?”

“My first thought was, ‘This will be the end of my career. Everyone will find out how socially awkward I am. I know that agreeing to their terms was a bad idea.’ Then you came and it was actually a right decision after all. How about you, do you always like to join We Got Married?”

“I’m a fan of the show but no, I never thought that one day I’ll join the show. Skate Canada made me join. Originally the plan was Jason will participate to the show to also stop the rumors that all male figure skaters are gay but he refused so they asked me instead.”

“So none of the two of us was actually willing to participate to the show and yet here we are together because of it. Life is so funny sometimes.” He shook his head in amusement of their situation.

"I think We Got Married is like The Hunger Games but instead of your life being at steak it's your emotion."

He can't help but chuckled at her analogy. "How so?"

"They toy with the couple's emotions. If you think about it, you'll be stuck with your partner for ten months acting lovey-dovey, it's hard not to develop a special feeling for one another while doing all of that couplish things."

“So, you’re saying that you develop special feelings for me?” He teased her grinning widely.
She was blushing as she looked away from him. “I do.” She whispered.

She looked up at him and he covered her mouth with his, kissing her so deeply that he was convinced he felt it in his soul. His hand went up into her hair as the other one cupped her face. Her hands were at his shoulders as she ate at his mouth. He loved the way she kissed, the way she felt in his hands.

He moved his hand from her face to her legs, pulling them out from underneath her and laying her back into the couch, where he continued to kiss her lavishly. When he got himself positioned between her legs, she pulled back, eyes wide as she look at him. “I really want to watch the movie,” she whispered.

He stopped and looked at her. “Watch the movie?” was all he could get out, he beyond wanted to watch the movie.
“Yeah, I’ve heard it’s a really good movie,” she said with a nod as she tried to sit up and move from underneath him.

He moved too, letting her up, but she didn’t go far. He pulled her into his side again to cuddle like their position earlier before their make out session.

The movie was actually good although not as good as kissing her but it was worth watching. After they finished another two action films they decided to call it a night. As much as he wanted to spend more time with her he was dead tired and really wanted the comfort of his soft bed preferably with her on it but he guess that will be asking for too much right now.

“I’ll see you tomorrow. Should I pick you up?” He said as they walked towards the door.

“Nah, I can drive to your place. What time should I come?”

“Around two, I had to work out in the morning and had an interview afterwards..”

“Okay.” She stood on her tip-toe to kiss him gently then smiled up when she pulled away. “Good night!”

“Good night!”

“Call or text me when you got home.”

“You know, I will. Bye!”

“Bye!” He walked out of her twin brother’s condo then she closed the door and locked it.
________

Sidney picked up the house, washed the dishes in the sink, and even ran the vacuum cleaner in anticipation of Cassandra’s arrival. On impulse, he changed the sheets on his bed, and then laughed, wondering what the hell he was doing. She wasn’t going to end up in his bed tonight. They’ll hang out together like they always do and bake some cookies. That was all.

When the doorbell rang, he did an once-over of the place and pleased with what he saw. He opened the door and held his breath. Her hair was up in a ponytail. She wore a plain white, T-shirt and shorts —cute and casual, but she still managed to look elegant and beautiful.

He took the grocery bags from her hands. “I would have bought this stuff.”

“It’s no problem. Next time, you buy.”

“Deal.” He led her into the kitchen.”What are we going to make today? Isn’t this too much for two people?” He asked picking inside the grocery bags.

“Cookies! I’m thinking of giving the staff at our taping tomorrow some cookies.” She said as she took out the ingredients inside the bags and laid it out on the counter. “I assume you have cookie sheet?”

“You assume right. My interior designer made sure that my kitchen is fully equipped although I don’t know how to bake.” He showed her the layout of his kitchen to make it easier for her to move around and she started grabbing things while he washed the sheet pan that was never been use.

Cassandra put the flour in the large bowl and she dipped her index finger in it then smeared the flour to Sidney’s face.
“Why are you eating the m&m’s?”

“Isn’t that why you bought it, so we can eat it?” He stuffed some more candies in his mouth and she had a horrified look on her face.

“If you eat all of that I’m going to make you run the grocery!”

“You won’t do that.”

“Try me,” she smeared more flour on his face. “And I’ll make you run to the grocery with flour all over your face, Crosby.” She threatened him playfully.

He grabbed both of her hands, keeping her from smearing more flour to his face. “What did you just call me?”

“Crosby.”

He shook his head then he lifted her up to sit her down on the counter. Placing his hand on both of her knees he spread them and stood between her open legs as she snaked her arms around his neck. He crashed his lips to hers, kissing her deeply. She melted against him, combing her hands to his hair as she moaned softly to his ears. The sound she made pushed him to the edge.

He moved his hand to her the back of her knee pulling it to slide her closer to him while his other hand was on her back. As he pulled her closer, her head hit the cupboard, making her yelp. They pulled apart panting heavily.

“Are you okay?” He rubbed the spot of her head that hit the cupboard, checking if it was swelling.

“I’m fine.” She smiled at him reassuringly then hopped down on the counter.

“Are you sure?”

She nodded. “Now, let’s continue baking cookies,” She gave him a dirty look. “Which mean no more distraction and eating the ingredients!” She scolded him as he wiped the flour on his face.

“You sure you don’t want any more distraction?” He whispered to her ear and she nudged him in the ribs.

“No more.” She answered sternly as she added salt, baking powder and baking soda in the large bowl where the flour was. “Could you plug the mixer?” She added butter, sugar and granulated sugar next then beat the ingredients with the mixer on medium speed until the dough was fluffy white.

He sat down on the chair at the center island not wanting to disturbed her as she worked around his kitchen comfortably. She looked cute and very feminine. Domestic. Comfortable.

He watched her beat the eggs on at a time then added the vanilla and flour mixture. She beat the ingredients again with the mixer but with a slow speed this time. She asked him to grab another two bowls when she was done mixing the dough then they both washed their hands. She divided the dough into three; for the chocolate chips, for the m&m’s and for the butterscotch chips then they both mixed it on the dough with their hands. Occasionally they’ll eat some of candies as they mixed it with the dough. Done with the dough she pressed the plastic wrapped directly onto the surface of the dough and put it in the fridge.

“We have to wait for an hour or more before we can bake them.” She told him.

“Can I distract you now?” He wrapped his arms around her waist, hugging her from the back.

She didn’t answer him as she open the untouched pack of flour, she ripped it with slightly too much force when he kissed her on the neck. Flour exploded out of the pack. After a few stunned beats, she blinked rapidly to clear her eyes, and looked at herself covered in flour. She lifted her head and eyed Sidney, who was wisely fighting his smile.

“You did this on purpose.”

“No, that was all you.”

She attempted to shake herself off.

“Better?”

He ran a hand over his mouth, probably to hide his smile. “Yes.”

“You’re lying,” she said, eyes narrowed.

“Yes.” She stalked toward him. Laughing out loud now, he straightened. “Whatever you’re planning to do,” he warned.

“Don’t.”

Didn’t he know better than to tell her what to do by now? “Watch me.” She backed him up against the counter and held him there—plastering herself to him from chest to belly to thigh—on a one-woman mission to cover him in flour, too.

“Gotcha,” she said triumphantly as she rubbed up against him. “Now you’re just as big a mess as me.”

His hands were at her hips. “Is that right?” His voice sounded different now. Lower.

“uh-huh.” She backed away from him but it was too late. He grabbed her hips and lift her again on the counter but this time it was on the center island. He stood between her open legs again. “We can now eat the remaining candies.” She told him to distract both of them, grabbing the candies.

He narrowed his eyes at her. “Now you’re going to ask me to eat the candies.”

“Are you complaining?”

“What if I am?”

“Then the candies are all mine!” she popped the m&m’s in her mouth.

“Hey!” he complained.

She giggled. “Ah!” she told him to open his mouth then she popped too much m&m’s inside his and her laughed. He tickled her sides, making her wiggled from him on the counter. “Stop it!” Instead of stopping, he tickled her more frantically. “Sid!”

“Say you wouldn’t do it again.”

“I won’t do it again.”

“You’ll give me candies.”

“I’ll give you candies.” He stopped and looked at her, cupping her cheeks with both hands he gave her a kiss. She pulled away with a cute grin on her face. “Grab a bowl then sit down here.” She patted the spot beside her on the counter.

He pulled away to grab a bowl, handing it over to her he hopped up to the counter to sit down beside her. She put all of the remaining candies in the bowl and placed it between them to eat.

“You’re kitchen looks so messy.”

“You have to help me clean it up.” He nudged her.

She nodded her head. “I will but how am I suppose to go home with all this flour.” She said looking down at her clothes.

“You don’t look that bad.” She gave him a long look and he burst out laughing.

“In case you don’t know, you look just as bad as I do.”

“It’s an honor to be compared to you.”

“Oh, come on! We both know that a lie.”

“That’s the truth. I’ve got nothing compared to you.”

“Fine, I’ll take my compliment. Thank you!”

“You’re welcome! What did you do this morning?”

“I ran on the treadmill, check my emails and dance around the house while listening to my music for the new season.”

“What is your music for this season?”

“My free skating music is Danse Macabre while my long program is Les Miserables medley.”

“Have you watched the movie Les Miserables?”

“Yup, both version in fact and I even went to watched it in Broadway. The moment I watch the movie last December, I just knew this is going to be my music for the next season.” Whenever she talked about figure skating her big blue eyes lit up like Christmas lights glistening, showing how passionate she really was to her sports something he can relate and understand.

They talked about his morning workout and interview to their taping tomorrow for WGM while feasting with the candies happily like little kids. When they finished the bowl of candies, she suggested they clean up the flour that shattered all over the kitchen before they start transfer the dough on the cookie sheet.

After cleaning up the kitchen she taught him how to properly place the dough on the cookie sheet and they worked side-by-side, when they finished it she put the sheets inside his pre-heated oven for their cookies to be baked.

“It smells so good. I’m getting hungry.” He said leaning on the counter.

“Want water?” Cassandra asked Sidney as she opened the fridge to grab them a water bottle.

“Yes.”

She handed over his water to him and opened her own. She finished drinking her water within two swallows, too thirsty with the heat on the kitchen and their interactions earlier. This past few days whenever he touched her she felt like there were butterflies spiraling low on her stomach or she might spontaneously combust. She enjoys the new sensations that she never felt before but it also scared her at the same time. She went to check the cookies inside the oven and see that it was ready; she pulled it out then placed it on the counter and let it cool off for a few minutes. She took out small blue paper bags and cute SpongeBob tape from the grocery bags.

“How many cookies can fit in her?” He asked inspecting the small paper bag.

“Only three cookies since they are big.” They started removing the cookies and put them on the bags then sealed it with the cute SpongeBob tape.

“Where did you buy this?” He asked in the middle of taping a cookies bag.

“I bought it in an office supply store in the mall.”

“You really love SpongeBob this much, huh?”

She beamed nodding her head. They finished packing fifteen cookies bag and still had enough left for them to eat.

“Try it.” She fed him a cookie.

“It tastes great. You’re now a cooking fairy queen too.” She laughed and ate the rest of the cookie he took a bite. “We need to have an oven and complete baking equipments in our future house so you can bake.”

She leaned on the counter looking sad. “I can’t bake that much anymore when the season starts because I need to be strict on the food I’m eating.”

“You’ll go on a diet?” He doesn’t like the thought that she will starve herself to keep her body in shape like the other women.

“Yeah, a healthy diet with no sweets, fries and pizza!” She made a sobbing sound.

“Poor you.” He teased her.
“That is so mean!” She said frowning.

He laughed then kissed her on the cheeks as she shoved the whole cookies inside her mouth, making him laughed harder.

“What?” She asked him with her mouth full of cookies.

“That’s really adorable.” He said still laughing.

“Whatever.”
♠ ♠ ♠
The title of this chapter is from the song I’d Lie by Taylor Swift.