Status: On-going...

We Got Married

Episode 11: Looking For A Home

Interview room with Cassandra Collins

“What do feel about finally searching for a house?” WGM interviewer asked.

“I’m excited and scared at the same time. I haven’t move out of my parents’ house yet so I don’t have any experience of searching for a house or having my own place, which I find very exciting but I’ll be moving to a new city and that’s scary for me.” She answered.
_________

Interview room with Sidney Crosby

“It’s a mixed feeling of excitement and nervousness. Moving in is a big step, especially for Cassy. There will be a lot of adjustment that we need to do because we’re not just going to share living space together but we’re sharing our lives too and that makes me nervous about it.” He shared.
_________

Real estate office

Cassandra was comfortably reading a book while waiting for Sidney in the lounge of the real estate company that he contacted to help them search a house for them to move in. He was on the gym working out with his trainer, getting ready for the training camp and the next season. She knows that he will be tired after his workout session, so she told him to meet her up on the real estate office instead of picking her up from her twin brother’s place.

Sidney was running late at Cassandra and his appointment with the real estate agent due to the reporters and fans waiting for him outside the gym where he does his morning workout. He hate being late. It was unprofessional and disrespectful to the person he was meeting in his opinion. He sent a text message to her, telling her that he’ll be late then apologized for the inconvenience. She replied that it was okay and understood his situation.

When he arrived at the building of the real estate company, he scanned the lobby and immediately spotted her at the far corner of the lounge area reading a book. Today, she wore a blue floral dress that made her look classy and like she comes from the 60s. Seriously, he had no idea how she can manage to look more beautiful each passing day. He approached her with a grin, “Hey!”

She looked up to him closing her book, a bright smile graced on her face as she stood up from her chair and stretched her arms out to him for a hug.

“I’m really sorry for being late.” He apologized again to her.

“It’s okay. I've been engrossed reading a book anyway.” She picked up the book she was reading a while ago to put it in her bag.

He entwined his fingers with hers as they walked towards the elevator, heading to the office of the agent they had an appointment with. “What book are you reading?”

“It’s Up to You: A Practice to Change Your Life by Changing Your Mind by Karen Casey. It’s a self-improvement genre.”

“You read self-improvement genre?”

“I do love reading those kinds of books. They help and teach me things about myself.” She shrugged.

“I never read a self-improvement book.”

“Not many read self-improvement books because they think it’s boring and it’s full of nonsense due to its bad reputation but it depends on how you look at it on your own perspective as a reader.”

“Does it help you?”

“In some ways it does help me but I don’t follow it like a bible though.” She smiled up at him.
He opened the door and inside the assistant of their real estate agent waits for them with a friendly smile. He asked for a full day appointment and of course, the agent willingly vacated his schedule today for them.

“Mr. McKay is waiting in his office.” The assistant informed them then led them to the office of McKay, their real estate agent. The couple shook hands with Mr. McKay and greet him as sat down in front of Mr. McKay’s desk and across from each other.

“I’m sorry we’re late.” Sidney apologized feeling really bad about it.

“It’s alright, Mr. Crosby. You’re schedule must have been crazy. It’s been a long time since I've worked with you back when you were searching for your own house. I’m glad you want to use my service again.”

“Yeah, it’s been a few years.” He smiled fondly at the memory of him being very difficult client that had a long list of requirements for the house he wanted. It took them almost a year before he found his house, where he currently resided, McKay was very professional through it, all not once he show him any sign of frustration at him. He knows Cassandra had good taste but he hope like hell that he will like the house she’ll choose and they can find a house as soon as possible unlike him because they don’t have time to waste.

“I gather a list of thirty houses painted of color white that are two-story high with a huge porch.” He handed to them the folders smiling proudly.

“Thirty houses?” Cassandra looked shocked by how many houses there were in the list.
Sidney nearly burst out laughing but just grinned widely instead. McKay still knows him. The guy must have worked hard all week on the list of houses for them. He also sent him a picture of the Collins’ house for another preference to help him.

“Hey! The house looks like my parents’ house!” She showed him the picture. It was a little smaller compared to her parents’ house but they do look like a carbon copy of it.

“Do you like our house to look like your parents’?”

She shrugged. “It doesn’t have to and it’s too big for just the two of us.” She silently browsed the folders, frowning in concentration.

He moved his chair to sit beside her, taking a good look at the houses their agent listed down for them. After an hour of take a look at all of the houses she showed him a folder of a house with a southern style design. It was two-story with huge porch and painted in white just like what she wanted. Added to that it has two bedrooms, three bathrooms, two garage stall and 1712 sq ft. “What do you think?” She asked him quietly.

On the list there were huge beautiful houses that were as big as his but he had to admit that her choice was simple yet beautiful although it was nearly half the size of his place. He like his space big not because he wanted to show off that he had money, but because he felt cramped in small spaces.

“It looks good to me. Do you want that house?”

She looked at him straight in the eyes and nodded her head. “I want this house.” Her tone said that it was her final decision and nothing can chang it.

She handed over the folder to McKay. “Can we take a look at the house now?” She inquired politely.

“Of course.” McKay seemed to be very happy that Cassandra was easier to deal with that Sidney as a client. He printed the direction of the house and gave it to the couple. “It’s actually near your place.”

“Yeah, it is.” Sidney answered checking the print out.

“Really?” Cassandra asked.

“Just a few blocks away”

They walking out of the office and headed to the parking lot.

“Did you bring a car?” Sidney asked.

She nodded. “Yes.”

“Drive it then let’s leave it in my place. We’ll pick it up later.” He told her.

“Alright.”

“Are you excited to see our future house?”

“So much since it’s going to be the first place I’ll own. Are excited as well?”

“I think I’m more excited about moving in with you that moving out of Mario’s.”

“Sid,” She said his name softly yet there was a stern tone underneath it and he knows now what that tone means there-is-something-she-wants-and-there-is nothing-he-can-do-about-it-but-give-it-to-her Queenly tone. It was funny how he recognized it now and honestly she doesn’t need to use it to him at all because he’ll be willing to give her whatever she wants.

“You know that this house is going to be my first house. It’s special to me and it will means a lot more to me if I had a contribution to it.” She knows that he plan to pay the lease of their house by himself but she wants to contribution on , it was not a big deal at all since WGM paid them good and it will not dent her financially.

They silently walked to her twin brother’s car, he was waiting for her to climbed inside but she didn’t instead she turned to face him waiting for him to response to her. They stared down at each other for a long moment, no one obviously wanted to back down at their intense staring match.
_________

Studio

“I’d rather my wife and I yell at each other that have a staring match and just ignore each other.” Ryan said.

“Well these two seemed to be too nice to yell at each other when they’re arguing.” Boy commented.
__________

Real estate office

“Cassy.” He said her name in a sighed. “If you want to pay half of our lease, that’s fine to me. I just want a place where I can call home because you’re there and go to bed at night with you sleeping right there next to me.”

She wrapped her arms around his waist hugging him tightly. “Thank you.”

He kissed her temple. “Get in so we can look at our new house.”

She smiled up at him as she open the door of the car climbing in. He gets into his SUV and followed her car driving out of the parking lot to the house they’ll be leasing.

They parked their cars on the side of the street and headed to Mr.McKay that was waiting for them in the front porch of the house.

Sidney reached for Cassandra’s hand as they walked towards their future house. “It looks more beautiful in person.” She said to Mr. McKay when they reached him in the front porch, her eyes was glimmering with excitement. Sidney had to admit that the house did look more beautiful than in the pictures. At first he was not very fond of the house but now he knew that this was their house.

“It is. Let’s go inside.” Mr. McKay replied smiling, obviously pleased that they like that house and doesn’t need to go through hundreds of house visits like back when Sidney was searching for his perfect place. He unlocked the door and opened it for them. It was spacious inside although the two bedrooms were also in the first floor.

They checked the bedrooms. The master’s bedroom has an ample walk-in-closet and a bathroom. The second bedroom doesn’t have a walk-in-closet or bathroom unlike the master’s. Next they checked the kitchen, Cassandra was very ecstatic at how spacious the kitchen and how there was a grilling porch. “We can grill steak here.” He said to her.

She nodded enthusiastically at the idea. “It will be your duty though.”

“I’m good at grilling meat.”

“Ever burned a meat before?”

“When I was younger I did burned a few burger patties.” He admitted with a shrugged.

She chuckled. “What happen?”

“I got a little distracted watching a hockey game.” He grinned.

“I can imagine you and your dad intensely watching the game on TV and completely forgetting about the grilled burgers.” She said laughing, imagining a teenage Sidney sitting on the couch with his dad focusing only on the hockey game.

“Yeah. That pretty much sums it up.”

They checked the laundry room, not that they’ll ever wash their clothes there then the garage. “I’ll bring my truck with me next time I come back here.” She told him.

“Your truck is for guys to drive.”

“Vehicles are unisex, they don’t come with genders.”

He sighed. “I know.” He didn’t try to argue with her about it knowing that he will not win in the end anyway. It made him wonder if her brothers ever won an argument with her.
After looking at the first floor, they when to the second floor, which is family room, a bathroom and storage area. “What are we going to do with this room?” She asked.

“We can turn it into a workout room.” He suggested.

“You’re right! Should we install a floor-to-ceiling wall mirror?” \

“Do you want to?”

“I want to but it will take a lot of time to install.” Cassandra answered then her eyes widened. “Wait! Are we even allowed to change things around the house?” She asked Mr. McKay. Sidney can hear the wheels inside her head turning, gearing up to fire questions and she did grill their poor realtor about from the basic things about their house to the regulations and guidelines of their lease agreement. He felt like he was the one supposed to be asking those questions since he was the older one but let her because she seemed to know what she was doing.

She was thought by her parents, especially her mom to never go to a war without a weapon. So before she went to Pittsburgh she asked her mom about searching for a house then searched at the internet as well for additional information. When she was satisfied with the answers Mr. Mckay gave to her as she questioned him, she thanked him. They were allowed to do changes in the house, which means they can install the floor-to-ceiling wall mirror.

“I take it, you’ll get the house?” Mr. McKay asked the couple.

“We will.” Sidney asked.

“Let’s go back to my office to process the leasing contract then the key of the house is yours.”

They walked out of the house and get into their cars but instead of driving directly back to the real estate office they headed to Sidney’s house to leave Cassandra’s car until the end of their taping. She climbed into his SUV’s passenger seat and they drove to the real estate office.

“After signing the contract we can go and meet up with the decorator, I’ve already made an appointment as well.” He glanced at her.

She nodded her head. “I don’t think we both have enough time to decorate our house on our own.”

The couple went inside the office, where Mr. McKay was waiting for them along with their leasing contract. They sat down again in front of his desk as he discussed to them the contract then naming the house to both of their names and finally signed the leasing contact to make the house officially their own. They stood up and shook hands with Mr. McKay after the contract signing before they left the office to his SUV.

Sidney drove them to another office building to meet up the decorator he hired to design their house. He parked his SUV in front of the shop with a big window where The Right Touch was etched in white scrolled letters. They went inside hand in hand. His first thought was it’s definitely a woman’s kind of place. Lots of fabrics, paper thingies spread on tables and giant books loaded with stuffs he had no idea what might be.

Cassandra dragged him in front of a table with one of those giant books and started turning the pages, her eyes were sparkling like the way they always does when she was excited or happy.

“Good afternoon, welcome to The Right Touch. I’m Gina Darnell, the owner of the shop. ” The dark haired woman in her late thirties named Gina Darnell, the owner of the shop greeted them with a smile.

“Thank you for accommodating us in a short period of time.” Sidney told her shaking her hands. His agent set the appointment for them only last night due to his request. He don’t like asking for favor and absolutely hate using his name to pull strings for his own personal gain but he wanted to move in as soon as possible. Of course, they will not be really moving in together for real – like their visual marriage – it will all be for the show.

“Your shop looks very cozy.” Cassandra said shaking hands with Gina as well.

“Thank you.” She said. “Why don’t we come to my office?” the couple followed her to the tiny little room in the back of her shop. Her desk was clean and tidy, with a laptop in the center and neat piles on each end. “Please take a sit.”

They sat down across from each other in front of her desk and Sidney handed over the folder containing pictures of their house from Mr. McKay’s files. They discussed about design ideas they want using the giant book Cassandra was looking at earlier, she didn’t want to copy exactly what was on the picture but used it as reference of how she wanted the house to be decorated. Susan told them that it might take three weeks before they finished decorating the house. The first week will be all about approving the design plans and ordering the materials and furniture. While the second and third week will be the arrival time of the orders and putting everything together.

Cassandra have special requests like, the installation of the floor-to-ceiling mirror along with movable ballet bars, front porch swing – must be the reason why she wanted a huge porch –, a specific description what kind of bed the decorator should get and a white, grand piano in the living room that should be place beside the window.
__________

Interview room with Cassandra Collins

“I want our house to be warm and homey not just a place where we sleep because to me that house will be more than just another place where I can crash for the night but a place where Sid and I going to fill with memories of our visual marriage in the next eight months.” She shared.

__________

En route to Cedric’s place

The couple’s meeting with their interior designer took three hours, basically because of Cassandra’s questions and enthusiasm with the topic. It was already seven when they left the office after they finished the meeting.
“I hope they won’t take three weeks to finish.” Cassandra said.

“You’re so excited with our new house.” He smiled glancing at her then back to the road.

“Of course, I am! It’s my first house and now I can say that I really feel like a grown up!”

“I hate to break it to you but having your own place means you’re already a grown up.”

“No, but it’s a step closer to getting there.”

“What about let’s just order take out to Cedric’s place tonight instead of eating out to a restaurant? It’s already quarter to eight I don’t want you to drive home late at night.”

“But Cedric’s car is still at your place.”

“I’ll ask someone to bring his car tomorrow morning at his place.”

“Okay.” She agreed. “I’m thinking of bringing my truck next time so I don’t have to barrow Cedric’s car.”

“That will be a very long drive from London.”

“I’ll drive it from Michigan. It will be four hours of drive.”

“That is still a long drive.”

“It is but it’s better than driving it all the way from London.”

The rest of the drive went was filled with Ed Sheeran’s songs Cassandra decided to listen to. “Have you been to Ed Sheeran concert?” He asked her remembering about the upcoming concert of Taylor Swift with Ed Sheeran as the opening act. If she wants to come he can get them a ticket because he knows that she was a fan of both artists.

“Yup, I’ve seen him in concert once.” She said smiling at the memory. “Jeff and I went together we’re both a huge fan of him. It was a blast!” She told him excitedly.

Something that looked like jealousy crossed Sidney's face. “Jeff Skinner?”

“Yes.”

“You went to concerts a lot of concerts with him?” He asked too coolly.

“Not as much anymore after he was moved away.” She answered not noticing his darkening mood.

___________

Studio

“She shouldn’t have mention Jeff.” Myra said.

“His mood darkened with the topic.” Ryan added.

“Cappy won’t like it more when he finally see how close those two we’re in person.” Cedric told his co-commentators.

_________

Cedric’s place

Cassandra opened the door of her twin brother’s place and turned on the lights as she and Sidney entered the condo. “Do you want something to drink?” she asked him.

“Just water.” He answered. “Is Chinese food for dinner alright to you?”

“Sure. You can order me anything, I’m not picky.” She went to the kitchen to grab both of them a bottle of water. When she can back he was still on the phone ordering their dinner. “Got a Chinese restaurant on your speed dial, eh?” She asked him in amusement after he finished the call.

He smiled shyly, rubbing his hand on his nape. “I like Chinese food and I basically live eating take outs, in restaurants and room service.” He answered.

“Aw, poor you!” She mocked him, grinning widely.

“You must be dying to say that to me.” He accused her, eyes narrowed.

“Of course I do.” She beamed, giving the bottled water to him.

He took it gratefully form her and finished drinking with only two swallows. “You already hungry?”

She nodded her head then drunken half of her water before she put it down on the coffee table. “Do you really like our house or you just felt compelled to agree with my choice?” She asked him with a small smile, placing her elbows on her knees as she rested her chin on the back of her hands as she looked at him, waiting for his answer.

“What made you think of that?” He asked her instead of answering her question.

“You didn’t my question that is enough reason, you know.”

He chuckled at her analysis. “I like it but I think it’s kind of small. I want my place spacious.”

“Like yours?” He nodded. “Living in a big house alone doesn’t make you feel lonely?” she asked curiously.

“Sometimes but I like big spaces. I did my time in apartments. Too cramped for me.” he shrugged. The doorbell rung announcing the delivery of the Chinese food Sidney ordered for dinner. “I’ll go get it.” he told her, standing up from the couch he walked towards the door to receive their dinner. After paying the delivery boy he walked to the kitchen and placed the bags of food on the counter, the same time Cassandra walked in on the kitchen. "Why don't you take a seat while I set everything up.”

She watched as he took the white cartons out of the bags and set them on the counter in front of her. She looked up amused when he stopped.

“That's . . . pretty much it with the setup," Sidney said, rubbing the back of his nape as he gave her a sheepish smile.

Cassandra laughed. She grabbed some chopsticks and the carton nearest her, not looking particularly bothered by the lack of presentation. They eat in companionable silence as they eat. After finishing their dinner, Sidney helped her cleaned up the empty cartoons of Chinese food and the counter. As much as he wanted to stay longer with her he still had to go to the gym to work out tomorrow morning, so he told her that he had to go home already.

“You haven’t kissed me yet today.” He told her, stopping at the doorway with a grin on his face.

“Really?”

“Kiss me.” he demanded.

“Kiss me like you wanna be loved, wanna be loved.” She sung Ed Sheeran’s song ‘Kiss Me’ quietly, making him chuckled. He wrapped his arms to her waist, pulling her closer to him and clamped his mouth to hers. Taking his lips way from hers, his thumb caressed her flushed cheeks.

“Goodnight.”

“Goodnight.” She replied then he left.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I’ve been gone for a long time it was because my laptop decided to fell apart but it’s fixed now so I’m back again! I’m really sorry about that! ^_^

A special shout out for @Jordyn4 , thank you for the constant comments. You’re awesome for still sticking around! 