A Siren's Call

Introduction.

I sit on a rock on the edge of the shore. My fish tail, gleaming in the setting sunlight. It’s been god knows how many years since I arrived to this damned place; this land where you never grow old. I’ve been cursed to spend the remaining years of my life being turned into a mermaid every time a drop of water soaks into my skin. I have my father to thank for this. He cares more his ship then the wellbeing of his only child. I guess if I was born a boy, this wouldn’t have had happened; I would still be fully human. But things never work out like that, do they? You can think about the what-if’s but it’ll never change anything. You’ll still be cursed as a mermaid and you’ll still be in Neverland remaining ageless. You’ll still be waiting for your ill-fated pirate to arrive so you can end this curse.

These are the thoughts that run through my head constantly as I sit out on my rock, waiting for my song to pull in that ill-fated Captain Hook; so I can finally be able to go home. I didn’t even know what this man even looked like and never knew why he was the target that’ll set me free. Not once did any of those thoughts crossed my mind; that’s until he made his way onto my shores…
♠ ♠ ♠
this is just an introduction. It'll get better; I promise.