A Siren's Call

And my heart is a hollow plain

Killian

“So what brings you to the island?” I ask Avalon as she walks ahead of me, gracefully pushing low laying tree branches away from her as she does. “Ship wreck?”

“You could say that.” She replies with a smirk as she looks back at me, “it’s not as tragic as it may seem.”

“Seems lonely here, there is no one to talk to, is there?” I question her, causing her to stop and look at me.

“I’m here because my father cared more about his ship than me,” she begins to explain, “I was very much alone then as I am now. You become quite attached to the feeling.” She looks at me as if she is reading me, “you know exactly how that feels, do you not?”

I bite my lower lip as I continue to look at her; taking in her looks. She has long blonde hair that reaches the small of her back. She has green eyes, the greenest I’ve seen. She’s intoxicatingly beautiful yet simple in the same sense. It’s hard to put around my head the thought of anyone treating her horribly. “You’re father was a pirate, wasn’t he?”

“Ay, he was.” She replies before turning back around, “I grew up on his ship, my mother died during childbirth; he never forgave me for that.”

“I’m sorry.” I apologize, even though I knew it wasn’t my fault.

“It’s perfectly fine, pirate.” She chuckles just as we get to a small modest house in the middle of the woods. She stops while and turns to look at me, “care for some tea? It seems like you had a trying day.”

“Thank you.” I smile as she turns back around and leads me into the house. Deep down, my gut is telling me not to go towards the house. But in the same sense, part of me is wondering more about this girl. It’s like she’s luring me in for the kill…

Avalon.

“What brings you to Neverland?” I ask as the tea water boils and I wash up, “You seem pretty far away from home?”

“My home is the Jolly Roger, my ship.” He replies, “I never really had a home to call my own for awhile.”

“That seems awfully lonely.” I mock what he said about me earlier as I untie my corset; earning a gasp of relief once air reenters my lungs without pain. “I guess both of us know what it’s like to be utterly alone then.”

“I guess you’re right.” He agrees, “You never gave me a straight answer to as why you’re on this island; an island full of sirens.”

“I told you, it’s because my father cared more about his ship than his own daughter.” I sigh as I continue to get undressed. I peek out of the screen, grinning at the pirate, “you wouldn’t want to hear the tale anyway. It’s full of death and revenge.”

“It sounds like my kind of tale.” He grins back, “I’d love to hear it.”

“Maybe over tea then.” I smile, a fake smile but a smile still. It’s going to be quite a tale, I just hope he’s ready for the ending…
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: Breath of Life by Florence and the Machine

I'm so out of touch with writing anything that doesn't have to do with superheroes. I'm sorry for not updating this. I'm going to try and keep this and the rest of my Captain Hook fanfics updated.